The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you know about Morocco?

3 posters

Go down

What do you know about Morocco? Empty What do you know about Morocco?

Post  Tara Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:42 pm

In this morning's staff meeting, there was mention of a potential working trip to Morocco. I have no idea if or when this would happen, and if I'd be a part of it. But I had parallel frissons* of excitement and concern.

Excitement because I love travel to parts of the world I've not visited, and also because Casablanca is one of my top five favourite films.

Concern, because, as a predominately Muslim country, even if a fairly progressive one, I have no real idea how I would be treated, given that the gender marker on my passport does not match my presentation.

Does anyone have experience travelling to and in Morocco?

* is it possible to have frissons in parallel? Laughing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

What do you know about Morocco? Empty Re: What do you know about Morocco?

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:58 pm

Hmm, if your ID says 'male' and you present as female, I'd suggest just go thinking you are in a tomboy phase, and enjoy the trip for what it would be to you in any other instance, a place in film and a new location, and not sweat it that you can't travel openly as a girl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:41 pm

Hi Tara,

It is a coincidence, because this was discussed recently with friends. Of all the Muslim nations, Morocco is one of the safest, safer than Turkey which I would rate second and the only other one I would actually visit, maybe kinda thing.

Play it down lots, Lesley is right, go Tomboy, I say whatever. Though I doubt you would have any problem. Personally, for me, there are so many other wonderful places to go, when I get time, I would not wish to go to any of their countries, but that's me. Yours is a working trip and I don't know..... whether I would or not go. Guess I'm not much help!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:00 pm

That's sort of what I was thinking. I definitely can't go full-on male, without ramping my dysphoria up to eleven. But I can probably find a tomboy look that I could live with, especially in a climate where loose fitting clothes are sensible. Time to research travel wardrobe, I suppose.

As I said, right now it's far from a certainty, but what's useful for Morocco might be useful for other conservative desert regions, too. Of course, if I were to go to Arizona, I could wear a skirt without risking being turned away at the border.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi Tara!

Yes and the main thing is to enjoy yourself, you will be fine, their are lots of Europeans there, it is quite cosmopolitan. I've never been but heard good things there. A loose shirt, jeans or slacks with a nice floppy hat will look nice and protect against the sun. Have a nice time as well as the work aspect!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum