The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rant....

3 posters

Go down

A rant.... Empty A rant....

Post  CarolynAH Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:17 pm

I fucking knew this was going to happen. But I was worried about a bunch of pointless other stuff and concerns so I left things as is. My health insurance investigated if I was actually the parent of my own kids and since my name wasn't on their birth records and apparently even with a legal name change document basically saying hello I am trans and such they still removed them. Damn it... Now I will have to go through the process of legally changing my kids birth records that I had hoped to avoid. And jump through whatever other hoops that they, my insurance, and he department force me to go through. All because some ass for whatever reason wouldn't look closely at the details. Like matching SSNs and such likely intentionally.

I am also mad at myself for not going through this sooner and not having the energy after all the other crap this year to hound these people and fight them. Now my kids have no insurance. Arrgh!
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

A rant.... Empty Re: A rant....

Post  Tara Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm

Never mind that people ended up permanently disabled or dead, I got a multi-million dollar bonus!

For-profit health insurance in the US is a huge grift perpetrated in the blessed name of holy capitalism, baseball, and apple pie. They are constantly looking for ways to take more money, while paying out less, because that's how one makes a profit.

BTW, I enjoy baseball, and love apple pie. Capitalism has its uses, but healthcare is not one of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:22 pm

the problem is mostly in the deals that were made to leverage the "Affordable Care act" into being, they basically made a mess out of everything to appear like they were setting up a legit good healthcare insurance system, yet what they made is more like a bad joke.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum