The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No clue what to do...

5 posters

Go down

No clue what to do... Empty No clue what to do...

Post  CarolynAH Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:47 am

I stopped in to a new very romantic and posh looking restaurant. Mostly to test it out as a suprise for a future date. They seat me next to a man who is also eating alone. He starts chatting me up. And because I enjoy food talk I engage. I make it clear that I am dating someone, but as he pries and assumes it's a man I eventually can't take it anymore and flat out say "I will be seeing her tommorow." And and yet behind my back he paid for my $50 dollar meal. I thank him profusely and disappear as quickly as I can before he tries anything else.

What the fuck... I knew he was up to something but it worries the hell out of me that he might want something more. I don't hate men but I don't like to be obliged to anything by surprise by any man. I don't like the thought that he thought me that attractive to buy me that meal which I only got because I wanted to test them.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

No clue what to do... Empty Re: No clue what to do...

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:03 am

Sometime loneliness takes a strange path and simply engaging this man may have satisfied a need that resulted in him enjoying the conversation, temporary companionship and by paying for you meal - it became a date, in his eyes.

I hope you meal was good!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Bunny is doing a total facepalm.

ARRRRGGGGHHHH all day it's the same thing from transgender girls, "Do I pass?"

Shut up girl and enjoy the fact that not only did you pass, but you also passed so well you had a man buy your meal.

He doesn't know if you are transgender or if you are lesbian or whatever. He just thought you were that interesting to him. A man.

Errrrr I want to cyber slap you girl Smile

Had the same experience with D'arcy. She's pulling a heavy suitcase towards an escalator and this handsome man asks if he can help her. She said no it wasn't too heavy.
Arrrrgghh "D'arcy, you let the man help you, then smile as your gender is reaffirmed."

Stuff all the feminist crapola too. Men in this world WILL be treating us women as second class and all that garbage for a long time to come. So enjoy the few (and they are few), things that don't suck about being female.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:37 pm

Hahaha... It is a bit of a shock as one can get too comfortable with the idea of being invisible or at least not terribly desireable. The difficulty for me tends to be that for some reason I see men and their intentions in a fairly negative light by default if there is any ambiguity. It's something that I need to work on. As letting my thoughts go there sets me up for being triggered. (I have past issues with men.)

I know what you all mean, and to some extent the affirmation feels good. And I think it's a phase some of us go through adapting to ever increasing male attention and for a time you don't know what to do. For me looking back I can see a long history of having a huge independent streak around men but going totally soft around women. A soft butch lesbian turned me beet red when she offered to buy me a drink at a bar I was in alone and not once did I feel anxious about her intentions. Heck I was an independent shit with Liam and Moby for no good reason other than I did it without thought.

I
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:07 pm

I've turned a few lesbians heads myself Smile

It's amusing.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:47 pm

Hahaha, I was suprised that my being tall was a thing for lesbians and the number of times I have been told that I look better than my pictures. The hard part is in public being femme is how cautious other queer women are. But if I am lucky that won't be a issue for me outside of making new friends. Christy is so damn smart, sweet, and adorable. It's hard to believe that in a few weeks it will have been three months together.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:36 pm

Relax, it was lunch.
As far as him wanting something, he got what he paid for.

He wouldn't have paid if he didn't want to make an impression on you.

Now, you're in this place when you meet again you'll almost certainly have to be cordial.
He's smooth.

Give him my # Embarassed
Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:34 am

I doubt I will ever go back to the restaurant. The food was not good enough for what you are paying for.

I still get free food on occasion or extra big pours in my wine flights. But it is fun. The lesbian and bi women on the server I frequent will have none of my self deprecation. Which is amusing because damn they are... umm... well you know. Embarassed I love you Wink

Professionally I am still working on reinventing myself and my confidence as a working woman in a male dominated field.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  Maple Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:14 am

I kind of get it.

I'll never forget the first time a Gentleman opened and held a door open for me. The fact that he did so wasn't exactly what surprised me. It did catch me off guard because of where it happened.

I had been living in Mississippi for quite a few years before moving to Texas then back to where Family lived in Mississippi over a span of a few decades.

Now, Mississippi is know as the hospitality State. To be frank, nothing very hospitable about the South in general. I could eventually write a first hand account post on why Trans people should get out of the South ASAP.

This was the first time I was acknowledged as a woman after I moved to New York.

It was the Convenience Store I still frequent. This Gentleman saw me coming and opened the door and "Ma'am"ed me. I thanked him like a Lady should as I went in. Then the same guy repeated the gesture on my way back to the car.

I haven't seen him since, but I will never forget how nice he made me feel.

"Opinion is really the lowest form of Knowledge. It requires no accountability and no understanding.
The Highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world."
-????
Maple
Maple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum