The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On getting old

3 posters

Go down

On getting old Empty On getting old

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:00 pm

My Daughter yesterday celebrated he 42 birthday. Sheeesh, I remember holding this screaming brick of a new born moments after her birth.

Yep, getting old.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

On getting old Empty Re: On getting old

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:47 pm

Hi Miki!

It is quite frightenin, isn't it? I hate birthdays and I am gonna hate my next one...… 60!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really wanna talk about it coz I'm scared of dying, I'd like to live forever as me, coz I like who I am. I think I am ok. Yes, I'd like a smaller nose, gonna get that, I'd like my apple gone, I'd like this, I'd like that. But there is a bigger picture out there! I do just simply get on with life, being who I am does not transfix me, I do the same stuff all humans do these days, entertain myself and enjoy other nice people's company.

But I do believe that the 4th dimension sees us through, that is time. I believe when people die they are not gone, only in limbo of there time.

I cannot believe that the universe, a vast space with objects whizzing and whirling around and sundry black holes and stuff is all for nothing?

How cruel it would be if it was!!!! Coz it's a fact, the Universe's days are numbered! Either it will implode on itself or become a cold, vast, weary wastefulness of nothing, with all beacons of warming light extricably, excrutiatiyingly extinguisheded forever!!!!!!

No..... it's not for nothing that anything walks, swims or creeps upon this earth. Even those that  slither! You see, even old Trumpy will be ok!

I am a bit psyche, mystic and kinda otherworld friendly in actual of fact and I feel stuff all the time, of another time and dimension...… fret not, we are but passing through phase one of our destiny!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:29 am

I am not afraid of being dead, only of the act of dying. I want it to be as painless as possible. If I am in pain, I want as morphine as I can take and enough Ativan to calm the nerves.

I do not believe in an after life. But, I do believe you live on as a memory. But memories are short lived.

While memories are short lived, sometimes what you create lives on. In my case there are 27 families that will enjoy the house I built for at least another 100+ years. That is where I will live: in the foundations, the walls and the roofs I built.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Getting old, not a problem. Eventually dying, not a problem.

We all do.

I'm not in a hurry to do it alone though.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:57 pm

Very apt thread. I'm sixty today. Yes today. I very strictly advised my wife not to make a fuss. So she didn't. Not even a present. But apparently one exists. 
But  tomorrow we're going to the cinema Le Mans 66, she got it right really. Then a meal.
My sis rang, the one I'm out to. She wants a  meet up in January. Knowing my family that will be quite a party.

Being sixty is depressing though. I don't feel sixty and I resist the whole idea.

It's  also depressing that I've reached this point, apparently never having moved on.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:10 pm

On getting old Maxresdefault

The movie: is this the original Ford v Ferrari or the 2019 movie. I watched the original movie and it was really instructive. I have not watched the 2019 version will do so once it reaches Netflix.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Oh belated..... but yes Happy Birthday Marie!!!!!!!!!!!

On getting old Peppamdsnoop

I'll be 60 in Septemberer...... wah!!!!!!!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:26 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:On getting old Maxresdefault

The movie: is this the original Ford v Ferrari or the 2019 movie. I watched the original movie and it was really instructive. I have not watched the 2019 version will do so once it reaches Netflix.
It's the new Matt Damon, Christian Bale movie and it's good. Both my sons and my wife loved it as did I. Brilliant actors.

My present otherwise was crap. 

Being sixty on so many levels is depressing. I really can't shake off the cloud following me at the moment. 

But I have to keep up a front. God knows  faking it, is my stock in trade.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum