The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone!

+2
MichaelaSJ
Allison Winger
6 posters

Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Hello everyone!

Post  Allison Winger Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:27 am

Hello, everyone! I have been wanting to reach out to a bigger community to talk about my transgender experience for a while now, and just last night I found this forum. I've been distinctly aware that I was female since I was a young child, but my parents forced me to live as a boy until I ran away from home at age 17. I had a rough time dealing with transphobia wherever I went. I would like to share my story with as many people as I can,especially cis people. For the rest of us, I would like to think it can help give one other example of what to do and what not to. If you are being forced into close contact with transphobes, you need to do whatever it takes to escape them.

I'm also interested in any activities you guys and girls are doing to promote acceptance of transgender individuals in society at large. This is a hard road we're on, but we can make it easier if we work together.

I might not have high post activity for a while here, but that's a combination of being really busy right now and also trying to read some of the posts that are already here, and get used to what's being discussed and what needs to be added carefully. My first introduction post here was censored from public view due to the nature of its content, but I am confident that I can work together with all of you to help each other and the world in general. I'll just need to get used to the forum culture, and 'meet' the community.

Allison Winger

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Re: Hello everyone!

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:37 am

Welcome, Allison.

We are a small group. We were significantly larger but our predecessor group was disbanded because of EU requirements and we are slowly rebuilding.

I am aware of the reason your first post was deleted. We are not prudes, but some things are beyond what should be discussed. I myself am quite opinionated and for the most part my posts are tolerated by the group.

Do not be afraid to post, in fact your participation will be greatly rewarded by the new friends you will gain by being a member of our group.

Last edited by MichaelaSJ on Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Hello Allison.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi Allison,

Welcome to our friendly little site, I do hope you participate, for we do welcome new members. We are about fifty strong with about 15 that do read and post. Thanks for re-writing your introduction.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:03 pm

Welcome Allison!

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:51 am

Pleasure to meet you, Allison! I hope your time here is well spent. I used to come here every night to post and read, it's really nice and people here are awesome for real, and very compassionate =^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum