The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The terrible fires down under!

4 posters

Go down

The terrible fires down under! Empty The terrible fires down under!

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I must give my condolences to all the people that have lost loved ones in the great fires of Australia, it is truly terrible.

And the wildlife, the slow moving animals, Koala and Possum, Lizard, snake and others.

Koala are quite highly strung and can be quite aggressive, yet they are so cute!!!!

The fires are now the size of Europe in volume and are all over Australia. Our dear Australian cousins are doing there best, but I do wonder about the impact so much smoke will have, for it is bound to change the weather worldwide a little? Or am I mistaken?

Hope heavy rains spread across down under very soon.... so sad.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The terrible fires down under! Empty Re: The terrible fires down under!

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:19 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Koala are quite highly strung and can be quite aggressive, yet they are so cute!!!!
There was a video of a woman taking her blouse of and literally smothering the flames on a Koala. Unfortunately the burns were so severe the Koala had to be put down.
Tourists in Australia’s New South Wales are being ordered to evacuate the state’s South Coast region before this weekend as the country battles more than 200 wildfires that have killed at least 17 people.
Heavy winds mixed with dry temperatures are expected to create an “extreme fire danger” for NSW’s South Coast by Saturday. In advance of the conditions, a 155-mile “tourist leave zone,” stretching from Batemans Bay to NSW’s border with Victoria, has been put in place, local officials said Thursday.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tourists-ordered-to-leave-new-south-wales_n_5e0e4abde4b0843d360fa536
Nothern California, in fact Alaska and the entire northwestern area of the U.S. has burnt this year and last. The fires in Northern California have killed nearly 100. PG&E has filed for bankruptcy due to very high cost of reimbursing those who lost their lives and properties due to the equipment failures of the utility.

Our Dear Leader offered that we could stave off these fires if we raked the dead leaves from out forest and brush lands. (What a fuckintheheadsimpleton!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:25 am

My thoughts are with the entire western coast of North America, and with Aus.

I am told (I was surprised actually) that Canada is actually 'drying' faster than the rest of the planet. Which is a shocking thing considering we have more lakes than the rest of the planet added together.

If we as wet as we are, are drying out that badly, well, what can I say, anyone that doesn't see this as a major issue for the entire planet, is too dumb to waste time talking too.

It doesn't matter 'why' it is happening, it IS happening. It's like arguing over blame of who or what started the fire while standing in a burning building. We are arguing in a burning building.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MyNicky Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:28 pm

I'm in Gippsland, SE Vic, not close enough to have been impacted by the fires luckily, but my heart goes out to the people in the thick of it. The only thing in my area at the smoke.
The terrible fires down under! 8
MyNicky
MyNicky

Back to top Go down

Post  MyNicky Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:30 pm

The terrible fires down under! Img20211
MyNicky
MyNicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Oh MyNicky!

That is super smokey! I hope it is over, very, very soon.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:43 pm

As I mentioned earlier, we had terrible fires in Northern California. But the smoke we experienced, while very bad in the Bay Area was not what you girls are getting in SE Australia.

If I was living there, I would have to leave. The air was so bad in the Bay Area that I almost had to request oxygen. There is no way I could breathe what is in the air in SE Australia.

I truly wish you well, Nicky.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum