The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Job Help

+4
Michi
Ellebell87
Tara
Lenneth
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Need Job Help Empty Need Job Help

Post  Lenneth Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:43 am

Trying to get back into my main profession of Web Design, but it isn't going well.

allow me to give background.

after 8 years of experience (5 running my own company) I burned out during the recession & at that time flood of Chinese design company's in 2010 (could not compete with complete sites being offered in 1 week or less for less than 1/16th my operating costs for a single job).

I am currently trying to get back into the field but am encountering obstacles I would have never expected, or encountered in the past.

I have been turned down for multiple positions for the following "reasons". (keep in mind, 75% of them block my e-mail address after sending the response).

"Determined to not be a good political Fit for the Company biased on Facebook profiling data" (I don't even have a Facebook account)

"Being Unable to show examples of past work on a (Insert preferred cloud based Portfolio site)."
(my past work examples I can show are on discs in storage 500 miles from where I am, and the services all charge a steep monthly fee)

"Not being within 5 miles of the office, For a "Remote" Job" (I just don't get that one)

"Not having a Permanent Residence within the same county as a Remote Job" (again I am confused).

(Keep in mind I only hear back from 5% of jobs I apply for)

What I need help with is anyone who works in the field to give me some tips/good advice on how to navigate all of this new bs & get hired, I have exhausted my Google-Fu and continue to come up blank in this regard, and as you can see above the bs is somewhat bewildering.

I really need to do this to get myself back on track, I cant keep up in my current Testosterone drenched job (Concrete Foundation Construction) I'm constantly exhausted to old/weak for this and at my witts end. Crying or Very sad
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Need Job Help Empty Re: Need Job Help

Post  Tara Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:12 pm

Does your CV/résumé have links to websites you do control? Maybe a personal site, or DeviantArt, or something? It should.

As to the Facebook issue, my guess is that one or more people with the same or very similar names do have FB accounts on which they express horrible political opinions. The fact that you do might not have an account does not penetrate the brain dead screeners, who simply assume the first match they find must be you.

Like it or not, your best bet is probably to create a Facebook account on which you put a lightweight version of your CV, as well as a few samples of your work (not the full portfolio by any means!)

Then keep it active by logging in once a week or so to post mindless platitudes or pictures of puppies and kittens. You needn't (and shouldn't) waste any more time on the site. As to Facebook finding out basic information about you, they already know it anyway. For instance, see Slate: “It’s Your Data”

You should also create an account on LinkedIn. Whether you include your full CV, or just a summary is up to you, but include links and hashtags (#WebDesigner) in the summary. Update it at least monthly; the updates don't need to be detailed, as the point is to keep the account on the active list.

If you absolutely cannot bring yourself to create an account on FB or LinkedIn, then you can try adding a disclaimer to your CV that you do not have such an account, but I wouldn't count on that working, as in many cases the initial scan is not done by a real brain dead person, but by an even more brain dead bit of software.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellebell87 Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:07 am

I keep my facebook listed under a different name. Stops employers from dropping in to take a look. Cosignitops baby.

Ellebell87

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:23 am

Tara wrote:Does your CV/résumé have links to websites you do control? Maybe a personal site, or DeviantArt, or something? It should.

None of the sites I worked on in the past are still online, I do have screenshots saved on a disc buried in my storage unit about 500 miles away, but that is all.

Tara wrote:As to the Facebook issue, my guess is that one or more people with the same or very similar names do have FB accounts on which they express horrible political opinions. The fact that you do might not have an account does not penetrate the brain dead screeners, who simply assume the first match they find must be you.

and they for some reason believe whatever information they get from that is factual and accurate, and thier is no changing thier minds.

Tara wrote:Like it or not, your best bet is probably to create a Facebook account on which you put a lightweight version of your CV, as well as a few samples of your work (not the full portfolio by any means!)

Then keep it active by logging in once a week or so to post mindless platitudes or pictures of puppies and kittens. You needn't (and shouldn't) waste any more time on the site. As to Facebook finding out basic information about you, they already know it anyway. For instance, see Slate: “It’s Your Data”

You should also create an account on LinkedIn. Whether you include your full CV, or just a summary is up to you, but include links and hashtags (#WebDesigner) in the summary. Update it at least monthly; the updates don't need to be detailed, as the point is to keep the account on the active list.

Yeah I know, i'm reluctant to create a Linkedin account (strongly disagree with thier TOS) similar with FB, guess i'll just have to bite the bullet....

Tara wrote:If you absolutely cannot bring yourself to create an account on FB or LinkedIn, then you can try adding a disclaimer to your CV that you do not have such an account, but I wouldn't count on that working, as in many cases the initial scan is not done by a real brain dead person, but by an even more brain dead bit of software.

Ironically one I was able to respond to and notify their FB information was in error as I do not use it, considered that to be a black mark against me bigger than if the data they had in error was correct.... Suspect

will get to work on that over the weekend....
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:53 pm

Ellebell87 wrote:I keep my facebook listed under a different name. Stops employers from dropping in to take a look. Cosignitops baby.

Read @Lenneth's experience to see why this actually backfires. I don't blame you, and I agree that Facebook is a horrible, horrible company. But you have to deal with the world as it is, not as you wish it was, or you have to accept the consequences.

If you are job-hunting, like it or not, potential employers will look for you on FB. If they don't find you, but find someone else with the same name, or even approximately the same name, they will assume that's you.

Is that terrible? Yes, yes it is. If you want to continue flying low, that's your choice, but be aware of the potential problems.

This makes me think of discussions of trans stealth versus out. Sigh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:43 pm

Allow me to give some additional information on my current situation, job, and as to why I need back into Web Design asap.

Situation:

Back in march I was informed by my landlord that my lease would not be renewed as he had decided to sell due to the market literally being as hot as a supernova.

In Boise (the city in South Idaho I was in) their is an "Average Minimum" of 3000+ new adults moving there each month (I hear that has now increased to 4000+), most in a panicked frenzy.

the Area when I left was said to be at 300% of occupancy, Rentals were scarce and rents had left local incomes so far behind in the dust that even if you rent a ratty 2 bedroom place both occupants will spend 75+% of their income on rent alone, this does not include the average 1 year timeframe it takes to secure a rental home/apartment (the demand is that High).

With the sheer number of people moving in most Local Employers got very "Swelled Headed" and not only drastically reduced wage offerings, but began firing higher wage existing staff and largely behaving in a sadistic manner to new hirees, Why is 2 Fold, 1) Idaho has inversely named a Law called "Right to Work" witch allows employers to fire people with literally No Reason at all and as little as 10 seconds notice, 2) Employers saw the flood of move in's as a  "Unlimited Supply" of Desperate and Cheap short term Employees.

Faced with a 98% chance of homelessness, I purchased a Travel Trailer to live in thinking that staying in that at RV parks would suffice at least until I could Purchase some land and build a House, I didn't know that the County had passed an Ordinance 3 months earlier that made staying in a travel trailer for more than 30 days in a year within the county a serious crime (6 months in jail + 410,000 fine) so I had to move it to another county an hour drive away from work.

With Housing costs spiraling ever higher I started to search for higher paying work, one of wich contacted my employer at the time whom promptly fired me for "Disloyalty".

After 4 weeks I was able to secure a Job 500 miles North of Boise, Housing costs here are still high but not as high, and are still beyond my current pay, am barely making RV park space rent atm.

Job Issues

My Current Job Couldn't be less ideal, It pays reasonably decent, but the work is Excessively hard and Sketchy as hell, also once winter is over I will be expected to drastically increase my performance (will explain in a moment.

I am currently working as a Concrete Foundation Ironworker & Formsetter on a large apartment complex, the Foundations are constructed of 21' tall walls on 4' footers in box sections, (setting the forms is done with 0 safety equipment, as is stripping them) once a section is poured the form panels (weighing up to 196lb each) must be peeled off the concrete and hand carried up an extension ladder and over the wall thier is no other way available, the project is using mostly #6 & #7 Rebar (#7 is 3/4 inch diameter) in up to 21' lengths, they weigh about 180lb ea.

The Expected Performance increase is to haul 3x 196lb form panels at a time over rough terrain up to 150 yards in distance repeatedly for 9 hours a day or 4x 180lb 20' #7 rebar over the same, unaided, this is not physically possible for my physical build....

Other Expected Increases is the ability to walk on top of a 20' tall 10" thick wall with no safety harnesses.

If I cannot reach those expectations, I'm likely to be fired no matter how hard or well I work.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:31 pm

Did you try applying at the local government for IT, IT support, other computer-related office jobs? City, County and state should all have websites with job openings. Even if you had to start lower it could be easier to move up. He may be lowered with the benefits would be higher.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:38 am

Lenneth wrote:In Boise (the city in South Idaho I was in) their is an "Average Minimum" of 3000+ new adults moving there each month (I hear that has now increased to 4000+), most in a panicked frenzy.
They are likely leaving California, Washington and maybe northern Oregan and since most of them are young they don't realize the political trap they are entering.

These emigres to a land of cheap rents will immediately drive up rents to close to what it is they left - except what the left is mostly a progressive environment with NO FUCKING SNOW.

One of my brothers-in-law lives in Boise. He is much older than my Wife and end-stage something, but the one thing he is not is a progressive. We get along as long as we don't talk.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:59 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:
Lenneth wrote:In Boise (the city in South Idaho I was in) their is an "Average Minimum" of 3000+ new adults moving there each month (I hear that has now increased to 4000+), most in a panicked frenzy.
They are likely leaving California, Washington and maybe northern Oregan and since most of them are young they don't realize the political trap they are entering.

These emigres to a land of cheap rents will immediately drive up rents to close to what it is they left - except what the left is mostly a progressive environment with NO FUCKING SNOW.

One of my brothers-in-law lives in Boise. He is much older than my Wife and end-stage something, but the one thing he is not is a progressive. We get along as long as we don't talk.

95% are moving from the SanFrancisco area where a 1 bedroom apartment in the slums starts at $10,000/month. (not kidding)

Most of them are working from home for the same 8 figure/yr jobs so bidding housing prices into orbit is literally chicken feed to them (they pay 2x as much on car payments).

And no Idaho is not "Progressive" as you might view it, it is actually a fairly Balanced State when you live here, sure their are a number of drawbacks, but their are also a multitude of benefits that make up for them many times over.

Three of the Biggest problems with the ones who move here are...

1.) Few Know how to drive on snow/ice (One Ran into my truck yesterday while speeding & texting on an icy road. Mad )

2.) 2% or less know that while the state is sparsely populated, over 90% of the land is Federally owned, and per laws the same people got passed, can never be transferred for private ownership, so their isn't much room for expansion.

3.) over 90% of them immediately jump feet first into state and local politics and try to vote in the exact same things they fled.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:09 am

Michi wrote:Did you try applying at the local government for IT,  IT support, other computer-related office jobs? City, County and state should all have websites with job openings. Even if you had to start lower it could be easier to move up. He may be lowered with the benefits would be higher.

I have tried.

9 times out of 10, they want 10+ years of experience in software that only they use (custom developed for them exclusively) and wont budge on the requirement, and or an introduction to the department by someone senior who works there.

and that is if they ever bother responding to your application, I have applied for over 300 Government Jobs since august, only got one response turning me down for not being 10+ years "Certified" in their exclusive software package.

My Application to Response (inc turn downs) Ratio is at best 5% and only 3-5% of those ever result in more than an automated turn-down letter.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:24 pm

Currently trying for a IT Consultant Position with the Transportation Department, wish me luck? Smile
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:34 pm

Good luck!

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:30 pm

found a few more also. Smile
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:34 pm

Fingers crossed!

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:58 pm

Wishing you luck that you nail yourself a good position Lenneth!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:43 am

not a single response from those or 63 others........ Mad
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:18 am

Oh Lenneth,

I am sorry to hear that, have you thought about starting a business of some kind yourself? Never easy and the initial capital is very, very hard. If you've the drive, there is a start? Don't procrastinate, buy and sell from thrift stores/charity shops. It's pin money now, but it may work out?

I went with a man about eight years ago that hds zero stock to sell, but sold thousands of goods and probably still does.

He sells/sold all kinds of goods online. He has no warehouse. He listed them on popular sites, depending upon what the goods were. Paper clips to books. DVDs to refridgerators. He sold them accordingly, one, two, five, ten , twenty pounds more than others.

Then he simply changed the address to send to. Where it is not allowed, he chose sites where he has it delivered free and then sent it on charged. He drove a Lotus Esprit and is still abiding in a huge house in Weybridge. He told me he spent about thirty hours a week at it, it was enough to make his fortune.

I'm not condoning that, for it is kinda defrauding folk, but it is ingenious and legal as far as I know,(though check your local laws, I am guessing that it has to be, you buy, you sell!). He is ideal to explain how a clever mind or lots of thought can make money..

There are ways to make money, it's all about risk, without hurting anyone badly, or breaking the law.

Sorry now!!! My first world, entitled, yes, my own selfish, not nearly as bad as your problem ahead warning!!!!

Ok, for I am getting pig tired of night shifts and the long day shifts, totally!, full stop/period. I cannot wait until September when I will draw the pension from my civil service days of yore. I have another I can draw early and of course, my present one, which I may well take early, I have already asked for figures and I if I can get away with supplementation of around one grand a month from buying and selling antiques, I shall take the big leap into antiques....

It brings risk, headaches, accounting, knowing which fairs where, when, best/worst etc. And being prepared to be the newbie, shoved into unpopular corners. All that on top of being different that I would never hide.... but I am determined to do it, I will not retire at silly, too old aged and not have had my own business, to do what I want, when I want!!!

Sometimes we all have to grab what we really want. but.... Always, always, always, it involves a huge leap of faith, that may or may not end well. I am up for it soon...

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:17 am

To start a Business doing web design again, will take significant funds and energy I presently have neither of, software licenses for the required software are very expensive, a loan for it would be next to impossible at the moment, and with my current job, I have nothing left energy wise both mentally and physically at the end of each day and week, and the schedule I work leaves me with no opportunity to organize starting a business without taking significant time off.

Here is what my current job involves not including packing a lot of heavy awkward objects by hand.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/19/98/76/22/21_wal10.jpg

building the back portion of the forms pictured requires you to scale the wall (21.5' tall) wearing a tool belt with 40lbs of tools and carrying up to 12' 2x4's with no safety gear, and we are expected to work hard and fast, 9-16 hours a day, regardless of weather, the company has a history of running their people so hard that they implode & quit quite explosively.

now you see why I have a hint of desperation in this..... affraid
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:31 pm

OMG....

Yes Lenneth I see that. And I suppose there's little else out there, looks rural. There is nothing worse than getting stuck in a rut workwise. What about elsewhere in the US? Or are you bound family wise there? It's always been quite a good jobmarket with training opportunities, for those that can afford to take a wage drop here.

But that is an awful, awful job. There are jobs that don't require skills here that may well be the same there? Security guard, bartender etc. When I was in my twenties I did bar work for a short while. I had little money but they were good days.

It's gotta be so frustrating that you are skilled with compterers and yet can't get a job though. Keep trying Lenneth, perseverance does pay in the end and I know 65 is a lot of applications, but it could be worth it in the end. Wishing you success soon!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:06 pm

Pick your dream location.
Pay, commute, product/service etc.

Start taking shit gigs that will push you in that direction.
Deliver early and often. Pad your estimates so you can "give" a "free" revision.

You'll get a reputation of being able to deliver ahead of schedule. That puts you on the list for I need it bad. I need it pays better but it's 18 hour days. Pick up an employee of the month, and a letter of appreciation and you'll be getting calls at your desk without sending out resumes.

Land as many shit gigs as you can with fortune 5 names. Then name drop all over the resume.

Replace your "about me" with a technical skills section that can be parsed.

Above all name drop.

On the job, like on site, keep an eye for power vacuums. I once left a place as director, I went in as a 2 week photographer, copy writer, developer.

You spend some time coding ERP or CRM software you're going to pick up business management quickly. It's actually much easier than software development IMO. Much more stable as a dev than a C or D level guy depending on the shareholders.
Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:38 am

Supreme_Pizza wrote:Pick your dream location.
Pay, commute, product/service etc.

Start taking shit gigs that will push you in that direction.
Deliver early and often. Pad your estimates so you can "give" a "free" revision.

You'll get a reputation of being able to deliver ahead of schedule. That puts you on the list for I need it bad. I need it pays better but it's 18 hour days. Pick up an employee of the month, and a letter of appreciation and you'll be getting calls at your desk without sending out resumes.

Land as many shit gigs as you can with fortune 5 names. Then name drop all over the resume.

Replace your "about me" with a technical skills section that can be parsed.

Above all name drop.

On the job, like on site, keep an eye for power vacuums. I once left a place as director, I went in as a 2 week photographer, copy writer, developer.

You spend some time coding ERP or CRM software you're going to pick up business management quickly. It's actually much easier than software development IMO. Much more stable as a dev than a C or D level guy depending on the shareholders.

Thanks for the info.

Need to find where to find gigs these days, the sites I used to use are long gone.

and for further Information my specialty is in Front End UI Design & Development, and also digital Marketing Consulting.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:30 am

sigh, still no luck.

Interestingly I was told by a job ad website that my resume's style and wording were badly outdated....

trying to fix that, if anyone can recommend a website with good low cost templates i'd appreciate it.

FYI been off work for nearly 4 weeks with a back injury, starting back tomarrow on limited light duty.....(company owners don't give half a shit about the virus pandemic)
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi Lenneth,,

I don't know about modern CVs or résumé, because I have always used reference letters. Quaint and outdated now sadly but when I did ask previous employers, I asked the direct boss, not the upper echelons that would not have really known me to write one for me. I added my certificates, where necessary and education. I have only had to do that a couple of times coz I have only had a few different vocations in my life, but I found the interviewer quite refreshed not to have to plough through a complicated CV... it's good if you smile lots and interview well.  

I think your present company stinks btw. If the authority, that is allowing them to continue, if it is not a key vocation, (and it sounds as if it is not), just knew just how bad Covid-10 is by just one half, they deserve to be prosecuted. The UK is allowing any UK worker, of any sort, of any company that gets 'layed off' by the virus 80% of their salary, this is if they have the virus or not.

Best wishes Lenneth, please keep well darling,

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tiffany_elizabeth Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:10 am

Lenneth wrote:1) Idaho has inversely named a Law called "Right to Work" witch allows employers to fire people with literally No Reason at all and as little as 10 seconds notice.

I don't have anything to say on the job issue, other than to go onto Facebook and search for your name. Odds are someone out there has the same name as you and they're the one potential employers are coming across. It might be the only one that shows up in your area, or they may just be lazy and click the first name that matches. If there's another one you might want to make a Facebook account of your own. It doesn't matter what you put on it, though since one of the replies more or less said "your politics are all wrong" I would avoid political topics. If there's more than one result for an area and they're actually looking (I suspect half the time they use "Facebook results" it's just a stock line they give people whose resumes they didn't even glance at) it will cast enough doubt to keep them from basing a decision solely on what they see on Facebook.

"Right to work" doesn't govern an employer's ability to fire you without reason. That's "at will employment." Any job where you don't have an employment contract is at will, and it doesn't matter which state it's in. It's why most businesses make it clear that your job application, if you're hired, does not constitute an employment contract. That's to keep you at "at will" status.

Missouri doesn't have a "right to work" law. I could go into work tomorrow and my manager could say "I don't like the color of your eyes. Clock out, go home, and you're off the schedule."

"Right to work" is strictly dealing with the unions. Here in Missouri if I got a job at a union factory I would automatically have union dues deducted from my check. If I chose not to join the union they would still deduct money from my check, I just wouldn't have a voice in union matters, couldn't meet with the union rep unless it was to join, and I wouldn't get any of the alleged benefits of union membership. But I would still have to pay as much as if I were a voting member. Comes out automatically along with taxes.

It's a step up from when my mother was shanghaied into a union. At that time around here you could only get factory work, all factories around here were union, and union membership was automatic upon hiring. Now you can choose not to join or join and resign, though they can still extort dues out of non-members (don't argue here. Members pay by choice by choosing to remain in the union. When you're forcing non-members to pay without any protection it's extortion), but back in my mother's day if you resigned from the union you were effectively resigning from your job. Once you were out of the union you were given a "resign now to save face or you'll have the stigma of termination on you" mandate.

Right to work laws merely mean that if you get a job in a business that has a union and you choose not to join that union they can't collect union dues from you. If you join and later resign from the union they have to stop collecting union dues from you. They strengthen the protection of employees who choose not to join a union against having their job offer rescinded, and they strengthen the protection of union members who leave the union against retaliatory termination.

In other words, it's not a right to work issue that's impacting Idaho (and other states). It's the at will employment doctrine.

tiffany_elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:15 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi Lenneth,,

I don't know about modern CVs or résumé, because I have always used reference letters. Quaint and outdated now sadly but when I did ask previous employers, I asked the direct boss, not the upper echelons that would not have really known me to write one for me. I added my certificates, where necessary and education. I have only had to do that a couple of times coz I have only had a few different vocations in my life, but I found the interviewer quite refreshed not to have to plough through a complicated CV... it's good if you smile lots and interview well.

I am having difficulty even getting an aknowledgement that I applied much less a interview.

Celia Eriksson wrote:I think your present company stinks btw. If the authority, that is allowing them to continue, if it is not a key vocation, (and it sounds as if it is not), just knew just how bad Covid-10 is by just one half, they deserve to be prosecuted. The UK is allowing any UK worker, of any sort, of any company that gets 'layed off' by the virus 80% of their salary, this is if they have the virus or not.

Best wishes Lenneth, please keep well darling,

Celia xx

All forms of Construction have been Classed as "Essential" and even if they weren't, we were told by the foremen that they would still require us to work in spite of the company owner saying otherwise, and if we had a problem we should just go get SRS and get a job as a prostitute.
(Testosterone Poisoning IMHO)

Some countys in some states have gone nuts and are requiring people to have Travel and work Letters and Permits (Which have a substantial fee attached) to go to the "Essential" Jobs or face arrest and HUGE Fines.

My mother (whom lives with me) was laid off her job without pay a week and a half ago, her company (a National Retail Giant) even blocked PTO usage for the duration and the state just added 21 days to that originally 14 day layoff.

Meanwhile we have Politicians and Bureaucrats on both sides working overtime to prevent or otherwise interfere with the government offering payouts for everyone being laid off...everything has quite literally gone to shit. Mad
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum