The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The UK is independent.

2 posters

Go down

The UK is independent. Empty The UK is independent.

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

As of 11pm, the UK is no longer a member of the European Union. It will enter a years trade negotiation to try to resolve trading, which will continue as before, with a December 31st deadline. But as far as everything else is concerned, that is it, we are out.

I am pleased it has been resolved, I would not have lost much sleep had we remained, but I just hope we can now have more important issues discussed by parliament.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The UK is independent. Empty Re: The UK is independent.

Post  Guest Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:54 pm

It's a mistake. The obviousness of that will become clear in due course.
I'll leave it at that, except to say that the English and I say the English deliberately are due for a reality check. 

I speak as someone who's best mate is English. He agrees. 

Our foreign minister made it clear it's a lose, lose, lose. Britain  the EU and Ireland.

BTW C, the term independence is really quite insulting. The UK was always independent. It's not like the British empire where the English invaded, occupied and oppressed their neighbours and various countries throughout the world. 

Britain joined the EU voluntarily and left without having to fight a vicious and brutal war of independence. 

Sorry C, but that's just the reality. It's pretty sickening to see the likes of Farage pretend they were oppressed by the EU. He's a fascist.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:33 am

Oh Marie,

I will not question your post, sorry but I don't think I mentioned anything too controversial within it to deserve such a response, but I forgive you if you misread anything?

A democratic vote was taken and the result was disrespected, then an election and yet another actually defining one. They all confirmed the result. I did say I would have been ok to stay, but I go with it now and am on board with it, it will be best to be with it than against now..

We are simply relieved that it's finally decided one way or the other, it's been going on for 3 1/2 years and we are weary of it taking up all our politicians time. Call it what you will, we don't care anymore, we are out and that's it, bar the trade bargaining.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:53 am

I only have a twig in this big stick game, but - SAD!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum