The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gotta have it

2 posters

Go down

Gotta have it Empty Gotta have it

Post  Supreme_Pizza Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:39 pm

I've been looking forever. Like years forever.
What do they call that bow/tie?

Can't find the shirt.
Can't find the skirt.

This is all Abby's fault. I've been looking at cute outfits for leather jackets for hours now.

Gotta have it 3uapfm-i
Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Gotta have it Empty Re: Gotta have it

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:51 pm

Hi SP,

In England, womens' ties like that are called a cravat But, there are men's cravats too, so if you want to look it up google 'woman's cravat'.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:34 am

Thank you SOO much! You've opened my eyes to a whole new accessory.
I wish I was kidding.

The collar type? Anyone know what kind of collar that is?
Its just so cute with a cravat.

That search led me to women's bow ties, which is a more specific cravat, but they almost always have a brooch which to me is too formal.

It's looking like a specific cultural piece. Maybe Dutch? It's almost certainly going to require a specific knot. Perfect for knotty little me. I'm even more interested now.

That looks like a pleated chiffon skirt. But I can't find one that length. They're all maxi skirts.

I want to replace the clutch with a black chained purse like this. My typical boho purse won't cut it with this look.

The idea of wearing spectator pumps with this just crushes the look. What a Face

Gotta have it Valentino-Tuxedo-Black-and-White-Shoes-1
Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:39 pm

Lavallière
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pussy_bow

Mystery solved, well not quite.
French origin, however this particular style is Southern Belle but doesn't look like derby fashion.
So I thought cotton, then I looked closer and I think it's chiffon like the skirt.

The collar is looking like a cross between a "spread" and "tuxedo" so possibly a semi-formal tuxedo/wingtip collar. It looks more like a spread tab collar?

I'm thinking this is "Morning Dress", business casual if you're a man.
This look was put together, not thrown on.
White long sleeves, for being in the sun, staying cool, and not getting burnt, Bow tie to elevate the social status of the wearer. Chiffon, what's more ladylike than chiffon?

Typical Blouse
The cuff looks like a double round barrel cuff but that's too general of term. Look how the extra fabric isn't trimmed and it creates a ruffle. I love that detail.

OH

My

God

Is this a body suit?
Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:59 pm

Hi SP,

Here is something like it, but not quite the same... lavaliere, of course!!!! Those look nice too, but they are more floaty.

A search for 'uniform cravat lavallière women' puts lots of styles up, maybe you can find something more similar? But anyway, this is not exact but close:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32678273074.html?spm=2114.search0302.3.31.426631f5lgTk7w&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_0,searchweb201603_0,ppcSwitch_0&algo_pvid=b48e0ceb-042f-49c2-96c2-eeb9177f51ee&algo_expid=b48e0ceb-042f-49c2-96c2-eeb9177f51ee-4

Gotta have it Cravat

I think there are a lot of shirts/blouse like that out there, I have something like it somewhere.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:29 pm

This outfit just went up a notch.
Button Down Bodysuit
Gotta have it 614Nnk7xZkL._AC_UL480_QL65_ML3_
Option B

I'm feelin this.
I'm not going to find the exact piece on Amazon but the above are close.

I can't find a square cut end on a ladies bow tie.
I'll likely order the longest length and have them cut into a couple/few at the tailor.
Some Options
I'll probably go with this.
Gotta have it 41shKg7h05L._AC_UL480_QL65_ML3_

Last edited by Supreme_Pizza on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:31 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi SP,

Here is something like it, but not quite the same... lavaliere, of course!!!! Those look nice too, but they are more floaty.

A search for 'uniform cravat lavallière women' puts lots of styles up, maybe you can find something more similar? But anyway, this is not exact but close:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32678273074.html?spm=2114.search0302.3.31.426631f5lgTk7w&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_0,searchweb201603_0,ppcSwitch_0&algo_pvid=b48e0ceb-042f-49c2-96c2-eeb9177f51ee&algo_expid=b48e0ceb-042f-49c2-96c2-eeb9177f51ee-4

Gotta have it Cravat

I think there are a lot of shirts/blouse like that out there, I have something like it somewhere.

Celia xx

Sweet! Thanks!

You're so right. The formal ones are silk, satin or both and are constructed rather than draped.
So what I'm looking for seems to be a simple rectangle of black chiffon about a yard long.
Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:42 pm

Classic Pearl Drop Earrings were easy enough to find.
Large though. Larger than what I have. I don't see anything larger than 10mm.
Gotta have it 61+xhWlt+oL._AC_UL480_QL65_ML3_

Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:37 pm

Everything I'm finding on this skirt is "vintage".

Which to me means must have classic. I've found them in grey which doesn't help.
I also found the right length in a junior size but my waist got big with my hips.

Grrrr

Here's my formulas for length. M being Mini (Long cuz I'm old) KL = knee length
M=0.3xH
KL=0.35xH

M=21.6
KL=25.2

I'd like to find something in that range. Size 14-16 I'm proportional Embarassed
Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum