The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid-19 blobs

3 posters

Go down

Covid-19 blobs Empty Covid-19 blobs

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:44 am

Hi Everyone!

I was looking at some new informatinon today.... a map of where the covid-19 has been most prolific within the UK. They have released how many people have died within each tiny area of the UK. It is based upon old, ancient parishes, but more relevant today it is counted as being  council boundaries, where we vote in local councellor to join a larger council, in this case Elmbridge..

North Walton and Molesey Heath, where I live has had one death since it started.... that was in July and we all knew him.

But, not too far away, in downtown Walton or Molesey it's in the teens. The average age 78. About 40 all tolled. And there is I, worried sick at the beginning of this and now still taking precautions. Looking at the map, we are the tiniest blob upon it, for quite a way......

How dangerous now is this to fit, healthy people? The majority here are younger than me..... the man who died I knew. He was obese, I mean very big. He did not like me, but that does not matter. Not to me, I feel for his wife. I do hope this does not come back bigtime, but I always doubt it hits tiny communities hard...  one man in my parish..... God rest his soul.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Covid-19 blobs Empty Re: Covid-19 blobs

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:53 pm

I think the median age for a death from COVID-19 in the U.S. is around 48. The median means half are older, half are younger. I suspect the mean (average) is likely a couple of years higher due to the relative health of our older citizens.

The median age for U.S. citizens is 38. So the 48 age of death from COVID-19 is related to the older folk dying off.

European countries have a higher median mainly because they typically have older populations.

But, don't worry. Our Dear Leader has the COVID-19 pandemic under control. In Fact, our Dear Leader seems to think the pandemic happened somewhere else, like China.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:30 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:
But, don't worry. Our Dear Leader has the COVID-19 pandemic under control. In Fact, our Dear Leader seems to think the pandemic happened somewhere else, like China.

I'm surprised he hasn't blamed it on Hillary Clinton yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:37 am

I guess it was a coin flip: Clinton (dishonest female - lock her up!) or Obama (immigrant from Kenya - half brother and grandmother statements).

There are likely more, but the two things Dear Leader cannot abide is an intelligent woman and an intelligent black man.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:53 pm

Me and you C are of an age where we are at risk. My son called me as a canary in a coal mine. He was being amusing. Which is ironic as I explained to him what that meant originaly.

I think an apt comparison to this is a classic wartime one. A lot of people will die in this war but you have to be unlucky to be one of them. Some are in the front line with a greater risk but most of us hope the random bomb misses us. It's a lottery though and whether we like it or not we all have a ticket. It could be you!

At the moment in this country, most infections are in the meat industry, asylum seekers and young people who are fed up and in any case think they'll live forever. So no deaths here lately but lots of dumb ass kids who think it can't happen to them. Except it does in numbers.

The problem is that none of us know if we'll survive this thing until we get it. We also don't know the long term effects even if we do survive.

That's what scares me about the whole thing.

I really don't care about my life but I worry about the effect of me disappearing on my kids. So I'm definitely in my bunker with tin hat and flak jacket.

And a shot of brandy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down