The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade deals and the UK

2 posters

Go down

Trade deals and the UK Empty Trade deals and the UK

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:34 am

Hi Everyone,

We have chatted over the years, both here on the new boards and back then on the old boards, about the Brexit thing and how it will affect everyone.

Today the UK announced her first trade deal since Brexit, with Japan. It is the 3rd biggest economy, the UK is 5th or 6th, depending how you measure. There is a big movement here now to shy from the USA, should circumstances not change, and secure a deal with Canzac, that is Canada, Australia and New Zealand as a bloc. The bloc would be quite strong and wield some weight in the world, but of course Canada, being part of a North American alliance will be the deciding factor, it would need to leave that.

The Commonwealth is the other option, India along with Anzac is likely a good option too. But, it makes sense, we cannot, that is any western country rely on China for our goods. We need to be more self sufficient across the West and that would preferably need to include, a more liberal, United States..... there is plenty at stake for many in November, beyond stateside.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Michi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Trade deals and the UK Empty Re: Trade deals and the UK

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:51 pm

Our Dear Leader has fucked the world in his image. His followers haven't a clue about trade or economics or foreign relationships and he is driving the image of the U.S. into Third World status.

I wish you guys in the U.K. well. Hopefully, with a lot of help from those in the U.S. with a working left and right side brain, we will be back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Celia Eriksson and Michi like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:58 pm

Hi Miki,

It now seems to have two sides to the coin, for the Democrats are saying that Boris is acting illegally by tearing up the agreement signed last year by Theresa May, it is entirely because of Northern Ireland's peace accord, the Good Friday agreement will be at the heart of Democratic disapproval.... but still I imagine No. 10 is hoping for them to win, of course he cannot say such publicly.

What is almost certain now is that the EUs insistence of encroaching upon fishing rights and the UKs want of no interference from the EU is going to ensure no deal is signed. It is probably worse for the EU actually, but just because it is, it is not exactly good for the UK either. An agreement would be desirable, but it is not going to happen, we will probably trade WTO rules with hem, at least for the time being.

This is why a Liberal USA is so important to the future of the UK. Bring on Joe!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Michi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:50 pm

I somehow deleted my previous post trying to edit. Easy when using a phone.

Anyway it's good for the UK. The Japan deal. But compared to other deals it's small. The EU deal is the big one and as Michaela says a no deal is disastrous for everyone but the British people will bear the brunt of it. The EU is 27 countries. The impact will be more spread out but it will affect Ireland disproportionately.

Not sure what game is being played with this breaking international treaties plan. I know some want a no deal. But it's seem strange.

It's upset a lot of Torys too. All very worrying.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:20 pm

Hi Marie!!!!

Oh, Marie.... Miki said nothing of the sort.... I did. Anyway, you know that I was pro Europe but now the vote is done I look to the best for all, that's why I said that! So, I think it will best to have a deal, but if we don't I think it would be very silly for the EU to do what Mr. Barnier wants.... that is no food exports to the UK! How silly!

It is a two way street.... the UK has a right to it's own wants now and as I said before, I find the EU is acting like a spoilt child sometimes..... not that Boris does not.... I believe the UK is now best looking for a deal with her Commonwealth and trading with them. We need to cut China out, so it is a shame that the EU does not take the UK seriously. I have said before, either we should be out or in the EU, no inbetweenyness! I think the UK must now be out because of that silly vote, it is done, we have now accepted it and we should be full scale out. Britain should rejoin when the EU has a more stable governance, maybe one that has Britain's interests as well as their own at heart..

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:21 am

China is the bull in the china shop - really. They will control the economies of every nation by simply buying up scarce materials.

China will shortly own most of the scarce commodities of Africa and South America. I fear it is too late do much about China.

America no longer has the rep to step in to control the onslaught of the Chinese Yuan/Renminbi which will become the World's currency in the next decade of so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 am

Oh I see now. I somehow  merged Miki and your posts.

This is what Johnson is actually claiming:

'He said threats from the EU, had made the legislation necessary, claiming the bloc could prevent food exports from Great Britain to Northern Ireland.'

Not the UK but Northern Ireland.

A couple of problems with that claim. The EU denies it said anything like that. Even if it did it couldn't enforce it. It would need British officials to agree to it.

But most of all there is no way we here in Ireland would allow other Irish citizens across the border be blockaded particularly when it comes to food. It's an impossible idea.

So why tell such an obvious falsehood?

It  has to be a tactic of some  sort. Time  will  tell.

I think everyone needs to sit down and have a sober negotiation. Less flag waving and histrionics on either side. . Time as you say, to put Brexit to bed and move on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum