The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

came out as trans in public

2 posters

Go down

came out as trans in public Empty came out as trans in public

Post  Kidagakash Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:46 pm

I was in my group therapy today and a person complained that she had been paired with a trans counselor. She started a really detailed monologue about how trans are mentally ill and taking advantage of being female and are potentially dangerous. I couldnt help replying at that point. At first I tried to tell her that .... Well so much I won't go into it... I was polite however she remained unwavering. I felt I had to be honest about myself so there wouldn't be an elephant in the room . at least for me. I'm still transitioning as far as in public goes. Not enough to be passable or whatever yet. It didnt change her opinion one bit. I told her Im sorry she feels that way but I respect her right to her own opinion. We all tried to drop it at that point. My therapist talked to me after everyone left to make sure I was okay. She seemed very understanding. I tell them all that im used to negative reactions to me... But it still hurts.
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

came out as trans in public Empty Re: came out as trans in public

Post  MyNicky Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:59 pm

I'm proud of you for showing that courage.
MyNicky
MyNicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:05 am

I've spoken up about it in other settings.. But those were more positive. This is one of several times when I have spoken up calmy and politely as possible. She was using the chromosome argument. I told her I didn't care. I referred to a study that suggested many trans people have a brain structure more like their identified gender. I only argued because she was mad she asked fot a female therapist and she noticed she was trans. She said trans people are dangerous and mentally ill. That they transition just to look inside.womens bathrooms. She really got.under my skin. I've had a few discussions on this with people that have gone badly but ive never seen anything like this.she said we.are.taking advantage of things and trying to push women down again. Ive never in my life.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum