The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gorillaz - Tranz

+2
Lesley Niyori
Kidagakash
6 posters

Go down

Gorillaz - Tranz Empty Gorillaz - Tranz

Post  Kidagakash Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Q52cVx7Bo
Gorillaz fan since the start.
I was just curious if anyone here has come across this song, and what they think of it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Anna Mull and luckykunai like this post

Back to top Go down

Gorillaz - Tranz Empty Re: Gorillaz - Tranz

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:13 pm

I didn't detect anything transgender about it. Ok sounding tune, just not sure tranz means trans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:54 pm

There are a couple popular interpretations. I see this kind of stuff in non related things a lot. My favorite is the little mermaid a lot of parallels. Actually an old theory is the books author wrote it about him being in love with another guy but unable to ever speak or act on it

=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:08 pm

I'm with Bunny. Did I miss something?

Gorillaz - Tranz 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:36 am

Do you look like me do you feel like me do you turn into your effigy? Do you dance like this forever?

=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Anna Mull likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  tiffany_elizabeth Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:02 pm

I couldn't understand a word he was saying, to be honest. I like their debut album, Demon Days, and most of Plastic Beach, but they kind of lost me after that. After Plastic Beach it just started sounding like a bunch of noise.

tiffany_elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:41 pm

I honestly think "trance" fits the lyrics better.

Gorillaz - Tranz 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:55 pm

We want to see 'trans' in a lot of media, but often it's just our need to see it, and not the reality.

Taylor Swift is loved by me because her lyrics seem to speak to me. But her music is hetero. Her song Calm Done though is blatantly LGBT supportive.

Kim Petras is a genuine pop singer, and quite good, but even though she is herself, transgender, her music isn't transgender music. She just happens to be transgender.

I know of a number of transgender persons, that are not at all in the transgender spotlight. But they are well known in their own community. Frantone is a well-known brand in guitar circles. She's quite the electronics geek. But Fran Blanche is just Fran.

I could be a well-known wargaming transgender person, but I am not known as transgender. Some established names in wargaming know me personally as being transgender. But the wargaming world is likely unaware I am transgender.

In anime, there is noooo shortage of gender blurring content. It's done for laughs, not to be transgender. I only know of one show that deliberately acknowledges transgender as being the reason for the show. It's a show called Wandering Son.

In a lot of movies, we remain the gag, the joke, the punchline.
And even shows meant to be about us, they still fuck it up badly.
Transparent was a disgusting abomination. It never earned those awards for it being about transgender.
I saw a 60 Minutes show about us. It was fucking disgusting. More lies and misconceptions.
I'll never respect 60 minutes again.

The film Boy meets Girl 2014 is one of the few cases where it was about a transgender person, and the lead was the transgender person, and it was true to what it is to be us.

I could list all-day video content that is useless crap though.
Jazz Jennings is a prime example of how to do it right.
Transparent is an example of how to do it wrong.
Orange is the new Black is an example of how to make it real.

But mostly, it is just us hearing what we want to hear, when it comes to non-transgender, in any way depicting transgender.

The OP song example isn't about us.

I don't even see it being about us for the majority of Pride.
To me, Pride is about who you like to fuck, and how you like to fuck.
The T was tacked on unwisely in my opinion.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:49 pm

While this doesn't apply to every song, I think most Gorillaz lyrics are deliberately vague and obscure to make the songs less about their proper "meaning", and more about the emotional impact, so that listeners can create their own interpretations. There are a couple of ways to interrupt Tranz; I believe it's alluding/nodding to both trans and trance, more so the former than the latter once you read between the lines and analyze the lyrics. The fact that they showed the transgender pride flag colors in the music video probably isn't a coincidence either. I'm a fan of their music; not a hardcore one, but it's neat that they acknowledged us.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 pm

I am only replying to the original post but I love that song. I don't think it is trans though. I think we are more likely to see that because people are more likely to see themselves in a piece of media more than others.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:46 pm

Transgender shows up in odd places frequently.

Anyone that knows guitars, knows Frantone. But you might not know that Fran is a transgender woman.

I was surprised to find out that the Matrix Films were made by two transgender women.

My first encounter with Kim Petras was "her music is neat" I learned later she was a transgender pop star.

I knew of the show Orange is the new Black, but never realized it was how Laverne Cox became known.

I was in the beginning surprised when Kaitlin Jenner came out. In my youth, she was a guy on a cereal box. I don't follow the Kardashians at all.

A lot of media sounds transgender friendly and is just coincidental.
Kashi Mashi is an anime I love. It isn't transgender. Wandering sun IS a transgender anime.
Anime likes to push buttons.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum