The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where does we hang out on the ole internet

4 posters

Go down

Where does we hang out on the ole internet Empty Where does we hang out on the ole internet

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:36 pm

I'm talking forums, social media, special interest locations, places that we spend our time on.

I'm active at Matrix Games a publisher of digital wargames.
I recently joined Scalemates, a site devoted to models and managing one's collection. It's a form of data base.
https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=94471&fbclid=IwAR2491dMXcwjk-8oMTemkKLz6F2VNynCrfcW0StHJO0_qE_FgDOoloDQhE0

I prattle on through my Facebook Group too.
I'm not one to communicate through a cellphone though, so I'm not on a lot of the cliche 'apps'.

This is the only place actually just for purposes of being a transgender community that I'm on these days.

I watch a lot of YouTube content.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Where does we hang out on the ole internet Empty Re: Where does we hang out on the ole internet

Post  Kaibeth Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:48 pm

I spend a lot of time on various Discord servers. Chiefly my virtual airline and the truck simulation community. I avoid things like Twitter and Facebook like the plague. I watch bass guitar forums on YouTube..... or flight simmers.

I'm pretty active in the Elder Scrolls Online community as well.

I am also head chat moderator at a support site for trans folks and our families.

And I lurk here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where does we hang out on the ole internet 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Where does we hang out on the ole internet Empty Re: Where does we hang out on the ole internet

Post  Guest Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:31 pm

Here and a British model website where I pretend I still build models. I do visit Scalemates to look up models I never buy.

I'm on a family WhatsApp. But I quit Facebook and consider Twitter as a ridiculous outlet for a bunch of cranks.
That's it.

I was a member of various forums mostly pilot and aviation stuff. But I quit when I realised that half the contributors were Walts and the other pilots online were simply more knowledgeable than me and thought I was a Walt. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:06 am

I mostly use Discord for television and video game related discussions, but I also occasionally lurk Reddit.

Slightly off-topic, but this is my first post in over two years! Long time no see, all. I'm sure I come across as, like, a total stranger, but funnily enough, I remember pretty much everyone that's still active here.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Lesley Niyori likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:36 pm

Glad to see you back Anna

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Anna Mull likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:53 pm

I use it for buying stuff quite a lot, amazon and ebay. Finding high rise flairs out shopping is quite hard, I see plenty of skinny straight high rise, but I am not a fan of straight jeans, though I have a few pairs, some cropped. Ebay is perfect for such things, with these for example, they are quite often 20, 30 years old and more, so quite rare..... and expensive. Amazon for gadgets around the house and ebay for vintage dolls, bears and other antiques.

Then there is chess.com, which I go on most days, if not for just for the puzzles, then I might play someone from around the world, it is random, but lots of Brits and Americans on there, I have played Uzbekis, Mexicans, Uruguayans, Icelanders..... lots of nationalities, one guy even typed in the messages after a long pause in play "Oh, so you are trandgender????"

Then there is here of course. Oh, and I do read the news on my phone.... that is about it?

Oh I remembered, if things are slow at the ward I do map quizzes and the like. I know where every US state is now because of that and unlike Ross in Friends, I can now name every US state within half an hour! I get stumped after about forty or so, but then I imagine the map and they come to me....

They also do a shape of state only type quiz, showing the states randomly dismembered, it is nigh on impossible, because a lot of states such as Kansas and Colorado etc. are just rectangles and look the same, though Hawaii, Alaska, Tennessee etc. are distinct and easy.!!!!

Strangely, English counties were harder to place for me, well the Northern ones, though I know them now.... I will try Ireland next time, I know most. Oh, I remembered e-mails.... that is it, it is what I do online!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum