The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New me, New Home, and New Life

+3
Kaibeth
Lesley Niyori
Maple
7 posters

Go down

New me, New Home, and New Life Empty New me, New Home, and New Life

Post  Maple Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:07 am

Hey, Everyone.

I've been putting this off for a while simply because I'm not that great at self promotion or talking about myself at the outset.

I'm more used to organically letting people get to know me through regular conversation over time.

However, I felt that since the Title of my post was, "New me, New Home, and New Life": I would try to do something VERY different for me.

I was raised in the '70's, grew up in the '80's as well, I can understand how people feel about a lot of things, but by the same token, I don't understand why people can't compromise a little and be more tolerant, despite what they claim being contrary to what they actually show.

Anyway, I'm a late onset that will hopefully be able to get the surgery soon.

As I look back I realized just how much I lied to myself as a result of well meaning people causing more harm than they though in various moments of my past.

But, I managed to find myself, knock down those walls I hid behind within myself, discover myself, and heal from the wounds inflicted upon me by the selfish people that used to be in my life.

I'm here because of my beloved Skippy and I hope to find a better place than the few I had tried in other corners of the Internet.

I look forward to meeting a lot of y'all, learning from y'all, and hopefully helping at least one other person if I can in some way.

I apologize if I seem a little disjointed, but sometimes my ADHD makes my thoughts come out a little disjointed at times. Hopefully that organic flow of time I mentioned earlier will clarify some of what I already mentioned for y'all and I will feel comfortable enough to talk about a little more.

Love,
Maple

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Opinion is really the lowest form of Knowledge. It requires no accountability and no understanding.
The Highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world."
-????
Maple
Maple

Skippy likes this post

Back to top Go down

New me, New Home, and New Life Empty Re: New me, New Home, and New Life

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:51 am

Nice to meet you Maple.

Noticed you are a vet. Kudos on your service. I'm ex Canadian Armed Forces. Infantry from the 70s.

I'm not the only vet around here I believe.

Glad to have you in our modest location.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Maple Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:16 pm

Thank you, Lesley.

I do tend to be rather humble about my service, unless it's pertinent to what I need to say.

I figured there were others, I mean it does obviously seem like classic over compensation when it comes to some of us Ladies anyway.

"Opinion is really the lowest form of Knowledge. It requires no accountability and no understanding.
The Highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world."
-????
Maple
Maple

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:23 am

Nice to meet you.

Excellent choice in music there.

New me, New Home, and New Life 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Maple likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Maple Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:37 am

Thanks, Kaibeth.

I've always been a Heavy Metal and Classical kind of Girl. Yeah, I know they both seem like such polar opposites on the music genre spectrum. But somehow I've always heard and felt the subtleties within Heavy Metal that most seem to miss and Classical is all about those subtleties.

Lately I've been on this kick where I've been hunting artists over YouTube and finding some really great female vocalists like Violet Orlandi and Ai Mori.

-????
Maple
Maple

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:25 am

Welcome to our little place of respite from the world that sometimes doesn't want you/us.

Unfortunately, we are spread between continents and while it would be great to have all of you over for a barbecue in my backyard - we all know that won't happen.

But, we can have a word barbecue here, if you like, and I will bring the fried corn.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Maple likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Maple Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:03 pm

That sounds like an awesome idea Michaela.
Look for the Thread.

-????
Maple
Maple

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:20 pm

Hello Maple,

Welcome to our boards, I do apologise for such a late reply, for I moved home in late March and have only recently been connected to the internet. I have read up on all the posts and it is nice to have a new member contributing to this nice little backwater of a site, thank you!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MyNicky Mon May 10, 2021 12:01 am

I don't pop in to say hello as often as I should, but I do check in to say hello every now abd then!
Welcome!
MyNicky
MyNicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2021 11:45 pm

Hi Maple,

I missed you earlier. But I'm a contemporary, 70s and 80s in Dublin. Most of what you've written fits my experience. I even joined the military, you know to prove I wasn't what really what was obvious. Don't call me a vet because I was a reservist and despite the ongoing 'troubles' saw no service worth discussing. Indeed my favourite moment was catering for the guys lunch and then shooting a machine gun. 😂

I live now in the west of Ireland which like so many wests in this world is a pleasant tolerant place to live.

Look it's quiet here but isn't that a good thing?  The lovely Celia is our moderator. A benign figure and a lady until you push your luck.

Feel free to post as much as you like. This is a safe harbour and you'll always get a good reply.

Welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Sun May 23, 2021 3:38 am

Damn I dropped a ball and didn't introduce myself to welcome you here. Salutations, hon. I hope you still find it rewarding to come here for socializing and support. I have been here for years, except for a couple when the old server was lost. Not as active here as it once was, but I always pop in every week or so to make sure I stay in touch with everyone. Sometimes more if there is a reason for more attention around here. If you ever want to chat, or have questions, don't hesitate, mmkay?? Bai now. =^_^=

=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum