The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tank Models and Wargames oh my

5 posters

Go down

Tank Models and Wargames oh my Empty Tank Models and Wargames oh my

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:51 pm

Life is moving along here with me.

Covid is still being covid here in nowhere rural central Ontario Canada.

The government continues to fumble it's way forward ensuring no one trusts anything much now.

My home town has been more or less locked down for a year, and it is showing. We've lost a few small businesses to covid mismanagement. I haven't lost anyone I know of covid or otherwise. But what with almost no capacity to socialize how would I notice if anyone was missing.

I spend a lot of time indoors at home, but I always have. My disablity income isn't great, but it's stable. Short of society completely falling apart, I'm ok. It's the time of year for riding my bike again. Not many places to ride to though. It looks like the summer will feature riding a bike to a sunny bench and reading with Frank more so than picnic lunches at local eateries. It seems Fast Food is evolving away from dining in. The old crowd will not be happy being unable to sit all day in coffee shops.

I've been more aggressively indulging some of my hobbies in recent months. And joining in on chats via FB Groups dedicated to them. I'm not into cell phone apps or Discord. And forums have lost their shine with me (other than here, but here is a unique case). And it appears I am well into recovering from an obsession with YouTube based news. But now that the orange one is gone, it has helped.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Celia Eriksson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tank Models and Wargames oh my Empty Re: Tank Models and Wargames oh my

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:55 pm

Hi Bunny,

Covid has changed everything for almost every soul upon earth, and me and you too. I am happy to hear that Frank still enjoys the pampering he deserves and many a happy picnic lay ahead.

It is similar for me, no losses personally, although a neighbour near my old home died last July of it. My laser man of those pastures caught it too, I did not find out until he opened briefly last Summer and he told me how he felt he was bound to die.

So this time last year I never thought I would take retirement and move to the seaside, but that is what has happened. Strangely enough, two weeks ago, I made no less than four trips back up to visit friends and a favourite Cousin, I did make it plain that they would see less of me, though I do intend to not burn any bridges, for they are all dear to me.

I do like to dine out, in truly lovely surroundings and cooking at home for someone invited to dinner is quite convivial too. Those have both gone and a picnic is a good alternative for when the warm weather finally arrives. There have been a few lovely days, but the chilly North and Easterly winds have prevailed here for many weeks since Winter's end.

My painting has slowed to a standstill since moving, for there is so much to do now. I have tackled much of it, I still have the bathroom area to decorate and a shed and fence to paint and creosote. The garden needs more work, though I have managed plenty and it is now beginning to look tidy and lovelier. I will resume my hobbies once I am done.

Covid is in full retreat in England, long may it last! We do not want a repeat performance.....

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:02 pm

I just got my second injection of the Moderna vaccine a week ago Monday. Wow! - I had severe flu like symptoms (no elevated temperature) for four days - but, I now have both of my shots in my shoulder and I should be able to head out with some sense of invincibility. Smile

I don't know anyone personally who was infected with the virus, or worse. So, I guess I am lucky in that regard.

Celia, while the Brits have paid attention and have stopped the onslaught of this global scourge, we here in the States are blithely moving along thinking the COVID is a hoax or worse. There are reports, taken as fact by way too many, that the vaccine contains a tracking device and the device is only given to republicans so the democrats can trace their whereabouts. Such is the level of gullibility of a very large segment of our population.

To get around the issues of vaccination, there are some internet sites that are providing instructions on how to fake a vaccination card.

I value my privacy in all things, but I believe we need to have a universal identification card (US only) that will keep a record of your medical facts, your voting eligibility and also act as a drivers license. As long as it cannot track where I have been with this card, I would be very supportive of this.

We are entering into an era in humankind where the threats to out survival will be coming at us full bore. COVID-19 is just a wakeup call and the next global virus will more than decimate all of humankind because there is a segment of humanity that simply does not, will not get it!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Wed May 26, 2021 9:49 pm

I'm in relatively big city that was hit hard by Covid. I've had some family members infected with a cousin being a long hauler. She's the conspiracy type so she won't get a vaccine which is believed to help long haulers. I've known several people who have caught it. One friend's elderly mother died from it. I'm pro mask and vaccine. I got one-shot vaccine in March.

I've gotten a 2nd job recently in a dress shop and masks are enforced there; my last 2nd job were antimaskers and that is why I left. At least a few of the dress store workers had Covid too.

Looking forward to the ladies tennis season starting next week. I'm playing in the same league as last year and I formed my own team for a higher level section as well, with the better players playing singles and #1 doubles and I'll be playing #2 and #3 doubles and would be an underdog to win.

Michi

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Thu May 27, 2021 1:03 am

Masks help? Sure! Over used to the point of obsession? You bet! Vaccine? Haven't had it, haven't been sick, if I am I'll quarantine. Vaccines make me very ill usually so not keen to try them out until they measure the long term side effects. Not really a sports fan but really looking forward to the new season of Dr Stone, Disenchantment and R&M

=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Michi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Thu May 27, 2021 1:31 am

As far as how over here has been...
I live out in the pine forests of Minnesota. Very remote. Very few people sick. People are hella para in the twin cities though. The only thing that's affected me is still not having work, nor the job history to qualify for UI. AND yeah... The USA is embarrassingly paranoid and foolish lately. Half the country is still desperately trying to prove voter fraud.on a landslide election while the radicals who lost use trans rights as their personal whipping boy for retaliation. Vaccine theories from microchips to chemical castration. I knew people in general weren't exceptionally intelligent but I didn't realise how gullible and stupid a lot of them really are.

=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 27, 2021 1:41 pm

I got my first shot three weeks ago today. No real. Side effect. Supposedly I'm 70% protected but I have never heard of anyone vaccinated becoming seriously ill or dying of covid once it becomes effective.

I know someone who hasn't had the vaccine because she doesn't trust it. Yet the rest of her family have enthusiasticly taken the dose. She's in her sixties and potentially vulnerable. But my view is that she's playing Russian roulette. It OK now when people are still careful but once things open up. She will inevitably meet someone who is asymptomatic and be infected.

The vaccine doesn't stop you from being infected but you may not even have any symptoms yet still be infectious. With these more virulent strains around and no sign of Covid going away soon. The risk remains for the unvaccinated into the future.

But people who have been vaccinated will not tolerate ongoing restrictions just to protect those who refuse the vaccine. They'll have to take their chances. But dying of something preventable seems rather foolish.

Eventually there'll be bullet in one of those chambers.

I'd rather have the peace of mind.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum