The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massively unrelated

4 posters

Go down

Massively unrelated Empty Massively unrelated

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:59 pm

Hey everyone, what is the one thing that is really making you enjoy breathing and being alive lately Smile

And having nothing to do with being transgender or covid.

Here in mid June, and 2021 is turning out to be a good year for squad tactical level of computer wargames.
I'm referring to 3 titles you likely have not heard of.
Tigers on the Hunt is soo like Squad Leader (a board game of considerable fame in wargaming). It has a couple of years on it since release.
Valor and Victory, a recent release and also sort of like Squad Leader (everything squad tactical gets compared to this title).
And last, but not least, Lock n Load Tactical Digital, a game named after the company name, that being Lock n Load.

I haven't had the fire or drive or opportunity to give a shit about wargaming for enough years, that I haven't had the fire or drive or opportunity to give a shit since I was born Smile (more than 9 years).
So I guess it is significant.
And a piece of me is amused.

There is no shortage of news out there influencing my mood. But for once, there's something in my day that is pleasant Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Massively unrelated Empty Re: Massively unrelated

Post  Guest Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:27 pm

Are they PC based games? I assume they are. My son, 14 years old just bought a gaming PC. He saved heavily and of course we helped. He saved over a thousand bucks. So it's his. Yes I'm jealous.
But those games sound like just up his street and my street too. But I'm nobody now.

I suppose I have to live my life through my kids now.

If you've any links, by all means let me know. It might improve my credibility.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:41 am

All you need to do is Google Matrix Games and it will take you to the centre of the wargaming universe Smile

Matrix Games will also get the correct result on a YouTube search.

I am known as MrsWargamer at Matrix Games, and Tankgirl on Steam if he wishes to connect to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:25 am

Flying the ever-loving shit out of my simulated Cessna 172 around Bellingham, WA. I can spend two hours at a pop taking off, flying a racetrack pattern, landing, and then taking off again over and over. Sometimes I jaunt over to Friday Harbor for coffee. Stuff like that. I'm especially enjoying flying over town at night.

This is nighttime over Memphis TN in a Cirrus SR22 in my sim. Aren't nights beautiful?

Massively unrelated MEM

Massively unrelated 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:20 am

Kaibeth wrote:
This is nighttime over Memphis TN in a Cirrus SR22 in my sim. Aren't nights beautiful?

Massively unrelated MEM

You should do it for real. It seems unreal though when you're there. On a clear night the lights of the city seem like diamonds on a velvet cloth. The stars in the sky merge with the lights of the city and it's as if all sense of movement stops and you hang in the air as if in a giant dark bowl lined with glittering diamonds. There is little sense of movement at night. It's magical. Stunning. Every time I flew at night it was like leaving the Earth behind for a few minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:41 am

A friend of mine had a Cirrus SR22 and it was fun coming over the Sunol Grade from the 'dark' Central Valley and having the entire Bay Area, at night, pop into view.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:17 am

Hi Bunny,

I guess I enjoy everything I do these days. If there is one thing that is opposite to that, something that does not lift me high on the wings of happiness, it would be going to the dentist every six months and also my not feeling well, which, touching wood, has not occurred much in my life, thankfully.

But having said that I love tending my little garden, around 25' by 20' with a pond in the middle, enjoyed by lots of little froggies. Also I have around 20 large pots around my van. It is all coming together and this morning I am going to the garden centre, I hope to be the very first in the queue, again!!!!

But, if I do not like doing anything, I won't do it!!! I am lucky, I guess.....

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:45 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi Bunny,

I guess I enjoy everything I do these days. If there is one thing that is opposite to that, something that does not lift me high on the wings of happiness, it would be going to the dentist every six months and also my not feeling well, which, touching wood, has not occurred much in my life, thankfully.

But having said that I love tending my little garden, around 25' by 20' with a pond in the middle, enjoyed by lots of little froggies. Also I have around 20 large pots around my van. It is all coming together and this morning I am going to the garden centre, I hope to be the very first in the queue, again!!!!

But, if I do not like doing anything, I won't do it!!! I am lucky, I guess.....

Celia xx

I know it. I've avoided the dentist for a while but the denouement has to happen. I too have been tending my garden in my new house. It was covered in stones like Brighton beach but after much effort i moved them on and after multiple trips to B&Q buying turf grass I have a garden to live with. TIP: If you wait until the grass in B&Q goes a bit yellow they discount it and you get a bargain. Just add lots of water.

Anyway like Celia I have a lot of pots to mind. The last owner was also a Marie and I'm restoring her garden. I love my new garden. Just outside my garden is a couple of Scots Pines and other trees. When I sit out it's like I'm in a forest. Absolutely beautiful.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down