The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...and now, for something completely different:

4 posters

Go down

...and now, for something completely different: Empty ...and now, for something completely different:

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 am

I just read this and it made me both laugh and whatever in amazement:
A raccoon has climbed more than 20 floors high on an office building in St. Paul, Minnesota.

The adventurous animal was first spotted Monday on a second-story ledge of the Town Square building. On Tuesday, when building workers tried to coax it down, the little critter scurried over to the nearby UBS Plaza tower and climbed all the way to the 22nd floor, where he took a nap.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/raccoon-climbs-office-building_us_5b203d06e4b09d7a3d78175c
He took a nap - an effing nap Exclamation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

...and now, for something completely different: Empty Re: ...and now, for something completely different:

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:26 am

Oh Miki!

I hope he makes it down! Keep us posted. 

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

...and now, for something completely different: Empty Re: ...and now, for something completely different:

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:29 am

If I climbed 20 floors up a building, I'd nap too...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Hooray!!!!! Saved!!!!!!!!!! BTW, why don't you Americans give him a name, if that was in England they would have called him something appropriate, like Rocky The Racoon, or Mac, The Racoon Steeplejack, or something.

Anyway..... hooray!!!!!! Racoons are sooooooooooo cute!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Spiderraccoon, able to climb tall buildings one paw at a time!

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:23 pm

So cute! My other half wants a pet racoon. Bit hard to come by here though. She did rescue one when she lived in Kentucky. A very wet cold and abandoned pup only a few days old. She wrapped it up and brought it to her work. People were freaking out about it! She called the local rescue shelter who took her in. Sadly she had heart issues so was not set free, but lived in a paddock type place.

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:41 am

Abby wrote:So cute! My other half wants a pet racoon.
NO Exclamation YOU DO NOT WANT A RACCOON AS A PET
They are at least 5 or 6 generations removed from domestication, they are wild animals and they are one of the most likely vectors of rabies.

A roommate I had before I remarried had a boyfriend who was raising a raccoon that was abandoned when it was very young. He had it chained to his truck and if you got close to his truck you were REALLY glad the chain didn't break.

NO Exclamation YOU DO NOT WANT A RACCOON AS A PET

EDIT: We live next to a creek in our backyard with raccoons, opossum, coyote and I suspect an occasional puma/mountain lion. We CANNOT leave our new puppy out overnight as we fear we would end up with a bloody pile of fur in the morning.

This is in suburban San Jose, CA. Not the backwoods of Maine or Arizona.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:17 am

It's not that easy to get one here as you need a exotic pet licence first.. Yeah, not practical idea really. if we could afford some land we would have have a shelter, our garden is just to small, it fits 4 cats,

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum