The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will it end?

3 posters

Go down

When will it end? Empty When will it end?

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:25 pm

It wasn't enough that my transgender family in the US had to endure that freak for 4 years.

But it seems he won't go quietly.

He still thinks he was robbed. Frankly, I couldn't care less if he was. Consider the man's method of doing business, it seems cruelly ironic. Well, maybe not cruel. I hope his whole family him included gets to try on Orange. Won't that be a hoot, the Orange man wearing orange?

But the real problem is the insane right. They have pillow man screaming he's coming back in August. Oh joy, will it never stop and go away for good. And they likely believe it. They will believe anything.

And regardless of what happens to the raving orange one, they still remain (the right).
The Dems seem to be taking this all casual and slow. Maybe I'm missing something. All I want to see in 2024, is a gutted from in fighting Rep party unable to do anything to undo what the Dems are trying to do to fix 4 years of right-wing hate festing.

I am not really a fan of the Left. Not actually. They are a random bunch at best.

But it gets tiring watching the slow-motion self-destruction south of the border.
And they are clearly not acting in unison about their climate tearing the place apart.
Those fires are real. The hurricanes are real. The drought is real. And yes, heat actually creates a lot of snow in winter. Yes, I know, seems to be contradictory. Not if you understand climate though.

Oh, if only the news could be about something boring south of the border.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

When will it end? Empty Re: When will it end?

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:15 am

I share your concerns regarding T***p. He has become a god to a very large portion of the conservative GOP, specifically in the same states with the lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates.

Even if T***p the god were to go away physically tonight, his image will prevail for decades, a generation at least.

BTW, I am a leftist, but I am nice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:31 am

But he doesn't represent the actual majority of reasonable Americans. Perhaps they are complacent thinking their Republic is immune to extremism. No country is
Freedom, real freedom is a delicate flower. Last January should be a warning but for some reason Americans think it was an anomaly.

It wasn't. They failed this time but the bigots and terrorists are not gone away.

The USA dream is in trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:26 pm

mariehart1 wrote:The USA dream is in trouble.

Yes!

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:31 pm

Hi Michaela and Marie,

I sincerely hope it is not over. For it is but a handful of countries that have the potential to bring hope for the future of mankind. Yes, the USA is one. To make a list of the others and give reasons why others are excluded would be long and tiresome. Enough to say, we should all strive for the day when equality is achieved. When we live in harmony with our planet. When democracy is just that, true democracy.

Yes, a very long, distant way away. But it will never come should those of a caring nature allow greedy, power crazed people to rule over us. I have hope, I believe the day will come. Not in my lifetime, but it will. The American Dream must continue..... and continue with the best human traits behind it, not be a standard representation of selfishness and greed.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:02 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:...The American Dream must continue..... and continue with the best human traits behind it, not be a standard representation of selfishness and greed. Celia xx
When we were crafting the document known as the Constitution of the United States, information, at best was always a couple of days, if not weeks, away.

So, we had to settle on something called Representative Democracy. It seemed to be more appropriate to elect individuals who would represent the wished of the people who sent the person to Congress. Sometimes it works but more often it ends up being those who have money to sway and elected official against what the voters of the representative's district really want.

It has become a messy experience trying to get legislation passed that has any meaning for the masses. For example, the stalled Infrastructure Bill has over 75% support nationwide, but a couple of Senators can simply block any new legislation by simply standing up in the Senate and say - 'Stop', and the bill dies.

Democracy, as in everyone standing up, having their voice heard and voting on how to run the Country would never have worked 234 years ago. BUT, today, with the interwebs and near universal access to the internet means we can have true democracy - but, alas, we will never achieve true democracy.

But it could!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum