The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interests and change

4 posters

Go down

Interests and change Empty Interests and change

Post  Lesley Niyori Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:43 pm

I tell eeeeveryone, when you start taking hormones, expect change.

Now some will say "oh you just changed" and write it off as something that just happens. Maybe. Not impossible.

But not always.

I'm currently re reading my Dune series (I have all the books written by the brothers as well). I'm enjoying the very beginning of the saga The Butlerian Jihad where it all began. Ok enjoying is accurate enough. But, there's no magic, no fire. Not like 20 years ago when I couldn't wait to dive into a good science fiction novel especially something for the world of Dune.

I'm also of course reading romance novels like always.
20 years ago, the idea I would be so utterly wrapped up in romance novels would have been met with a laugh as if you were nuts Smile

I'll keep reading the Dune series (all 20+ major works of literature), but, I do it as a way to kill some time between reading a romance novel. Because the plots and stories inside the Dune books, they're good, but, they just don't 'get to me any more'. It's more likely I'll be reading a Dune book when something in a romance novel has me worked up Smile Because those books DO really get me worked up.

Fascination worlds of imagination and science fiction are all quite interesting, but, the girl in me, she wishes she could be the girl in the romance novel so greatly. Living an ordinary life, in an ordinary world, but with a wonderful loving husband. When I dream, I'm not dreaming of fantastic places, I'm dreaming of a little house, with a small garden and the sound of "Lesley I'm home" coming from my husband entering the house. No lottery winnings can buy me the one thing I so desperately wish I could have. Medical science has made it possible to be built like a girl, but life simply won't give me the one thing I want. Three little letters M r s.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Interests and change Empty Re: Interests and change

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Hi Lesley!

I think you are the life and soul of this and the old boards sometimes, coz ya always have interesting stuff to say.

Coz I know, whenever I watch my favourite period dramas or read a classic, I do just that. I know exactly whom I wish to be, it is, of course most usually the heroine, but not always. Smetimes when the heroine is not all goody two shoe, I choose the advising friend. Of course, the heroine becomes good in the end in such tales.

And you signed off with the Mrs. thing. I fully understand that and realise exactly where you are coming from Lesley. I am sure you will meet the right one and you will know when you have. Whether that includes marriage is another thing, but don't palm him off if you like him, just coz of that want.

I resigned myself now to realising, that I would just be happy now with a lasting relationship I have been through a few. Yes, it would be nice to find another someone that loves me enough to be wed, but that is not the be all and end all. 

Sure, I get enough attention and get chatted up, as you probably do too, but I've been around too long to take first come first served, I'm sure you don't either. 

I want someone that I like lots and is likely to look after me well. If he 'aint for getting wed, but I think he could be the one, I wouldn't retract my talons just coz of that. 

That guy is out there somewhere Lesley, yours and mine, nay not one, but thousands, you'll find him... and so shall I. But not the same one I edit to say before someone else does!!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 pm

Yeah not uses to the chatting up. Had a guy come up to me while waiting for the lights to change so I could cross a busy road on the way to the laser hormones clinic. Went like "hi how your doing?" in a very weird way. A bit like Joey from friends. I was ceeped out for ages! A bit like the time I got groped on the train. A mixture of shock and confusion! I was presenting male at the time and it was a drunken mother on her daughters hen night,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Lesley Niyori Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:53 pm

"Scientifically you must ask yourself the question, had you never taken on hormones would you still have interest in the Dune books."

Sometimes it's all in how something is viewed. I think you actually hit the nail squarely on the head with this one Angel.

I still 'like' Dune.
I guess it is just I like romance novels now so much more, and not Dune any less.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum