The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pure bull shit! (Video)

3 posters

Go down

Pure bull shit! (Video) Empty Pure bull shit! (Video)

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:08 pm

Listen at your own peril:

Shop owner doubles down on transphobia with disgusting questions after being confronted over sign

https://www.facebook.com/1634171173/videos/pcb.10224076049802396/1050839998785601

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Pure bull shit! (Video) Empty Re: Pure bull shit! (Video)

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:04 am

Hi Miki,

It was in the English newspapers...... I guess you have to ask this: If someone put up such a sign in their shop, in any civilised nation about another minority group, would the shop owner be prosecuted, shamed and vilified? The answer is of course, yes.

Writing and displaying a sign like that about gay people, ethnic minorities, religions,,,, anyone doing so would have the law and the press down upon them like a ton of bricks.

As ever, I do not advocate vengeful militancy or law breaking, it is not the answer. But it has to be underlined, yet again.... transgender people, the last free hit for the bigot without repercussions from decent and fair society. It is simply wrong, laws and attitudes need to change swiftly.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:36 pm

Sadly, no one cares.

The part of the world not on fire is being flooded.

But all we can manage to do is waste time on things that no one really cares about.

I don't really care if anyone gets my pronouns correct.
I urinate where I damn well want. I don't really care if it bothers bigots.
There's no perk for being a female. That I'm aware of.
I'm glad I didn't pay for the surgery.

I quite frankly don't give a shit if we ever get a definitive justification scientifically for why I am.
Look around, no one listens to science the second it refutes personal beliefs. So what will we gain with scientific proof? Not much.

When you consider what I say about religion routinely, the bigots are not really keeping pace with ME at any rate. I think a GREAT deal less of them than they do of me.
But I'm ok living in a society that doesn't tolerate blatant hate.
The US is all about freedom of speech. It's not worth that much.
In Canada, his sign would cost him. Just that simple. And he'd be dealing with federal law, not some easy peasy minor civil law.

I don't know what was on the sign. I can imagine. He'd go through a lot of window repairs in my neighbourhood though. I wouldn't hesitate to express my thoughts with a rock. It wouldn't necessarily be 'correct' behaviour, but I'd need to care.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:08 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:.... transgender people, the last free hit for the bigot without repercussions from decent and fair society. It is simply wrong, laws and attitudes need to change swiftly.

While I may or may not see my 75th birthday this year - I am sure I will miss the total disintegration of society, and for this I am glad. I am stuck yelling at the TV screen and if it gets much worse (and I am sure it will) I will need to start buying new TVs as yelling doesn't work and maybe a broken TV or two might (nah, I am not going to break my TV).

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum