The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Das ist gut, ja

2 posters

Go down

Das ist gut, ja Empty Das ist gut, ja

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:59 pm

BERLIN -Two German politicians from the Greens have made history by becoming the first transgender women to win parliamentary seats in Sunday's national election.
https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/two-transgender-women-win-seats-german-parliament-n1280238

It seems, to me, that the alt-right movement in Germany may have been stemmed and headed back towards the middle. The Social Dems and Greens won, barely, enough to form a government.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Das ist gut, ja Empty Re: Das ist gut, ja

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:00 pm

Hi Michaela!!!!!

The SDs in Germany seem to have a monopoly, rather like Japan had for many a year, the same party in government over and over..... not too sure that is too healthy. But it is very good news that not only are the green party so strong there......

.....well reasonably so, but the two transgender candidates were elected. Not a fan of Brunhilda, oops, sorry Von Merkel, but there ya go, she is to stand down.

Strangely, Joe was going to make her the first non-American telephone call, upon becoming President. Apparently she was busy and felt it not such a great honour. It was thus Boris that got the first call. I digress, as usual and I will further.

Why on earth do people read newspapers and believe what they read. So, the papers and then television newsrooms told us we were likely to run short of petrol.....

....that was last Friday. I filled up that very morning before their latest cunning plan to have a new fantastic 'story' to report. Pumps were all full, straight in to an empty station and filled up Helga with her favourite tipple, no problem whatsoever....

Day's work at the hospital I now work in and on my way home the same station had queues about a quarter of a mile long...... and so it continued all weekend. Unsurprisingly with people filling every receptacle they can lay their hands on with fuel, there is now a short lived problem. I do despair the British psyche, the same one that panic bought toilet tissue as covid took a grip.

So many selfish people around....

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:53 am

Girl, I thought you were 'retired'. What type of position do you have at your new hospital?

Back in 1973, OPEC created a frigging nightmare with their oil policy. Lines at the pump were, like you said, a 1/4 mile long. I had just bought a new Chevy Impala (what a mistake) and it guzzled gas like a dragster. I was lucky if I got 10 mpg.

One afternoon, when I was low on gas I went looking for a station and drove into one that I thought was empty - NOPE! Wow, did I get yelled at by the 100 or so cars already in the queue!

Now, since my Porsche Cayenne decided to have a very serious wiring problem leaving it sitting in my driveway now for 6 months, I haven't had to buy any gas. A year ago, gas was $2.79/gal and now it is $4.30/gal - such is market-driven pricing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:06 am

Hi Michaela,

In June, I applied for a part time position, so, now I am semi-retired. I still do the antique fairs, just once a month for the time being,. I am going to decide whether to continue or not soon, for whilst it's not necessary for me to work, I do enjoy the banter of a job. Though, here I sit 6 a.m. having breakfast..... I could be fast asleep.....

Though I passed two closed petrol stations yesterday, I topped up yesterday again, no problem at all..... perhaps everyone has full tanks now, though the press are still sucking the juice out of it for their clickbait and sales. They are also trying to ruin Christmas by saying we won't have enough Turkey etc. to go round.....

As for jumping queues, there is a lot of fighting at the pumps in some of the not so nice areas of the UK.... though I am sure people would react as they did to you everywhere!!!!

Celia x

Last edited by Celia Eriksson on Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Two early morning groggy mistikes.....)

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum