The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I came out to my boss

+2
MichaelaSJ
RebeccaMarie
6 posters

Go down

I came out to my boss Empty I came out to my boss

Post  RebeccaMarie Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:34 pm

Hi everyone so I really been looking into this Amazon job and while the actual interview was amazing and they accept me really well I researched the location I would have been sent to and kind of wanted to back out because it looked very shady and maybe another place would have been nicer but my boss had actually told me that if I stayed she would raise Me up to $14 an hour from $10 an hour

This would have been amazing but you know I wasn't sure at being a Christian company if me being a trans woman would have been a problem so yesterday I told my boss I was transgender and showed her pictures of myself and told her my plans the minute I told her that she immediately called the store owner and the accountant and they had an emergency meeting they both came to the restaurant to talk about me and.... My boss gave me permission to come to work as a girl! It's not perfect.. the accountant actually made sure that the stipulation would be that I still have to use a men's restroom and when I asked my boss if there was any way I could use the women's restroom she was like if I finish my transition it would be fine so that's a problem but it's a huge step in the right direction and I'm hoping I can work on the bathroom thing that pay increase and at least being able to be a woman at work will be pretty nice I was very shocked that they threw an emergency meeting though but I'm apparently the first transgender girl at this store

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
私は女の子です
Restarted hormones (12/01/2021)
Name change official (4/18/2022)
Start laser (???)
GRS (???)
Breast implants (???)
RebeccaMarie
RebeccaMarie
Admin

Lesley Niyori likes this post

Back to top Go down

I came out to my boss Empty Re: I came out to my boss

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:18 am

Oh, so close, yet so far... I know using the men's room as a woman is troubling and while I can understand your employer's reluctance (actually I cannot understand their reluctance) moving away to take an Amazon job instead of the one you now have now will bring its own problems.

Hang in there and take what you can. What you have in your mind, not your panties, should determine which bathroom you use... and maybe your current employer will understand this once you have had a chance to be who you are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  RebeccaMarie Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:10 am

So I got a update I started telling people I thought would be ok with it almost everyone on front counter at my job knows well one of the girls I told wanted to start stuff and told all the guys in the back the the store managers employees everyone that worked mornings I wasn't gonna let her start crap so I decided it was time to rip the Band-Aid off left work went straight home put on skinny jeans a tunic a bra ankle boots and foundation/ red lipstick just outted myself to almost everyone in the most direct way possibleI came out to my boss 20220112

私は女の子です
Start laser (???)
GRS (???)
Breast implants (???)
RebeccaMarie
RebeccaMarie
Admin

Tara likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:14 pm

Gorgeous! I wish you the best!

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:45 pm

My instant reaction is that it seems you've decided to own it. Also it seems to me that despite the local situation the Amazon connection means you are supported. They may or not like it but it's the corporate reality.

I had a separate but similar experience when I worked for IBM who were ahead of their time back in the early noughties. I wasn't even out but they made assumptions and many a comment was made assuming I was gay. I couldn't come out as gay being trans. I remember coming out to my lovely friend Julie as trans. She had no idea.

But because of the corporate attitude and to be honest the rather liberal attitude of my co workers. It wasn't an issue.

I genuinely regret not coming out as trans at the time. I had come out to various friends but I was too scared to go the whole way.

Worse, my good friend told me that everyone on my shift including my boss, simply assumed I was gay. Yet I had no homophobia I knew of.

I really hope you have a similar experience but this time you can transition unlike me.

I wish you the best.

Marie
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  RebeccaMarie Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:38 am

I came out to my boss 20220114
I came out to my boss 20220113So yesterday I actually had my very first shift entirely as a woman I came in and my uniform women's skinny jeans (job let you wear jeans) I had a push-up bra on Came in with my purse and I was on front counter taking orders all day using my new female voice I've been working on and I didn't have a single comment a single issue everyone thought I was really female it was amazing I was getting called ma'am and she all day not a single mess up not a single weird look

Smaller update I actually got my ears pierced the day before too for the first time in my life I have ears pierced Im so happy I just can't believe all this is happening 

私は女の子です
Start laser (???)
GRS (???)
Breast implants (???)
RebeccaMarie
RebeccaMarie
Admin

Tara likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  RebeccaMarie Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:39 am

I came out to my boss 20220115

私は女の子です
Start laser (???)
GRS (???)
Breast implants (???)
RebeccaMarie
RebeccaMarie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RebeccaMarie Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:43 am

This is my temporary name tag that got me a new one ordered it was pretty neat because even on the positions chart it said Rebecca XD

私は女の子です
Start laser (???)
GRS (???)
Breast implants (???)
RebeccaMarie
RebeccaMarie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:50 pm

Showed my wife D'arcy your pictures dear (on the thread here).

I quote.

"Awww she's cute"

Like the new hair by the way major improvement.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:16 pm

Hi Becky,

Well, I have to agree with Bunny and D'Arcy, you look amazing and so cute. Wishing you the very best in your new work, I am so very happy for you.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum