The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's here!!!! The Winter Olympic Thread!!!!!!

3 posters

Go down

It's here!!!! The Winter Olympic Thread!!!!!! Empty It's here!!!! The Winter Olympic Thread!!!!!!

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:20 pm

Hooray!!!!

I have been looking forward to this for months, it is THE Olympics!!!!! I cannot wait and though some Curling has already taken place the games open tomorrow in Beijing.

I hope you like them too and will share posts, I shall keep updates here! Of course I shall be working some of the time but the Cross Country, the Biathlon, the Nordic Combined and the Ski Jumping will be recorded and watched if I am working/still asleep anyway!!!!

I am so excited!!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

It's here!!!! The Winter Olympic Thread!!!!!! Empty Re: It's here!!!! The Winter Olympic Thread!!!!!!

Post  Mariehart11 Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:21 am

I have a general dislike of the Olympics. But actually I do like the Winter Olympics. I just think it's cool, well freezing actually. It's here!!!! The Winter Olympic Thread!!!!!! 1f628
I like the snow stuff and ski Sunday on the Beeb was nice. We have an Irish Winter Olympic team despite our lack of snow but one is a bit Norwegian and two others are American. Obviously none of them were good enough for their national teams but, hey who cares.

Like the Jamaicans, we're there, wasting taxpayers money but it's fun and worth watching.

.I fancy doing the biathlon. I'm a damm good shot, not so sure about the ski bit though.

Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

It's here!!!! The Winter Olympic Thread!!!!!! Empty Re: It's here!!!! The Winter Olympic Thread!!!!!!

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:38 pm

Hi Marie.... yes I remember the Jamaican bob... Great Britain have an outside chance in the bobs, the two man this time and maybe will pick something up in Curling, some of the 'air' and board events and perhaps one true ski event, the slalom, with Dave Ryding...,  but not much else, I think they expect about five medals total.

So anyway, day one is over.... phew..... the Biathlon was VERY exciting, Marte Olsbu Roeiseland, Tiril Eckhoff, Johannes Thingnes Boe and Tarjei Boe went for Norway.... it looked like France but then Boe won it by a whisker and it was Norway gold!! So very close at the end.....

It's here!!!! The Winter Olympic Thread!!!!!! Biath

Ant then the great Therese Johaug in the skiathlon!!!! She's up for two other events and saw this as a warm up..... but she was at the front most of the way.... never in doubt!!!!

It's here!!!! The Winter Olympic Thread!!!!!! Therese

Catching up with the other sporty bits I missed.... see ya later!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:29 pm

Kudos to any athletes who can stomache the crap that is the Beijing Olympics.

I'm going to wait until they are over, and the athletes are back home where they can safely tell us what really happened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:34 am

So it's over and it has been terrific to watch, Norway finish 1st again, which is simply wondeful. I enjoyed most of the sports, for I am not keen on ice dancing or the aerial boards or ski events apart from jumping.

Britain gleaned just 2, which was a bit disappointing, but I did enjoy the curling! They always fared poorly in winter games, but I am sure they will get more in Milan in '26. God willing I am here to see it.

Highlights was seeing Røiseland and Bø win the biathlon medals, Johannes Thingnes Bø won four, Marte Olsbu Røiseland quite unlucky to not have won more than her trio..... records broken by the Norwegian team include the biggest haul of any nation, even when adjustments are made for the increase of medalls awarded!!!! Amazing for a nation of just 5 million souls!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum