The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the future is to twilight to think.

3 posters

Go down

the future is to twilight to think. Empty the future is to twilight to think.

Post  luckykunai Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:41 pm

I have to say this. I am only posting this here because my usual chosen forum to post these things is kind of not working now. here is an oddly specific question though. have you ever wanted to go from being semi aroused and happy to super excitable/thirsty but also feeling exastential dreed every time you went to the recomended section of a website. No literally. I might be there with Pinterest. every so often now on and off for a decade I have been going to Pinterest and just sorting pics of attractive men and woman into different selections. it has gotten to the point though that if I go on there I am just going to post a bunch of pics on facebook gauurenteed. I know that the selection has become more and more "hyperpalitible." this term is usally used for food but it means a food so good that even if you know it is bad for you. you will chose it over a healthy but decently good tasting option.

I am going to let that sink in a bit. It is almost as if the algorytm while not understanding why or how has gotten to the point it understands my taste in "hotties/people" that iTHE STUFF ON THEIR IS BECOMING HYPERPALIDLE. I f that doesn't scare you/makes you excited of the possibilities. I don't know what will. please do post your thoughts on thias. I am curious to what they are.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

the future is to twilight to think. Empty Re: the future is to twilight to think.

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:21 am

Algorithms only respond to what you give them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

the future is to twilight to think. Empty Re: the future is to twilight to think.

Post  luckykunai Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:31 am

I get that lol...
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:52 pm

I am just going to post this here instead of posing a new thread.
Interesting realization I have had. Has anybody doom scrolled. Kind of watched videos and news in a way that just feeds your unhappiness and depression. It's not hard. Just go to the news and boom you are doom scrolling. Very easy it is. I know this is counter intuitive. I have found I am doing that a lot and the strange thing is I may be doing it because it is the most carthatic thing I can possibly think rlto do...o.0... I know this may sound bizarre but it kind of makes sense to me in a wierd way now.
I realized a long time ago I am just going to have depression full stop. I have no real control of that. I have found out albeit subconsciously I can have control over the kind of depredression I have. In a wie a weird sort of way though I love good conversations and interesting content. It's like if I am just going to be depressed full stop with no real control of when and we're or how much to a certain extent. I might as well get enjoyment out of it? No literally I can now possibly say that we a straight face. I Doom scroll as a form of cathartic control over an otherwise uncontrollable thing that is my mental illness.
It's weird to think about but in a way it is the only kind of control I feel I have.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:59 pm

When ya feel sad, it's always possible to look at the world, see a lot of misery and think, "well, my life is at least not THAT bad."

Think life is rough?, well, you might be in Ukraine right now.

Think that surgery is far off. You might be a Ukrainian transgender person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

luckykunai likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:01 pm

If one is starving and exhausted, they're going to reach for the closest, easiest junk food, rather than cook themselves a healthier meal that takes longer to prepare. I was going to use this as a metaphor for what you're doing, but it isn't a fair comparison because whilst detrimental, at least junk food has calories: the food you choose to eat is so counterintuitive it somehow makes you hungrier (à la Phantom Tollbooth's Subtraction Stew).

Low dopamine levels can cause one to seek it out, sometimes in ways that are destructive. Social media is aware of this and takes advantage of this because it thrives off of engagement. Anything for clicks. It's nice that you feel some sort of control, experts say this is one of the reasons people are drawn to "doomscrolling", but at the end of the day, you're willingly surrounding yourself with negativity and it will make you more miserable.

It's your life, do you, amiga, but I advise seeking other, more productive ways to try to manage your depression. It might not be easy, but that's something that you also have control over.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Celia Eriksson, Lesley Niyori and luckykunai like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down