The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My opinions, appear to be only here now (largely turfed FB)

3 posters

Go down

My opinions, appear to be only here now (largely turfed FB) Empty My opinions, appear to be only here now (largely turfed FB)

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:49 pm

I am suffering the nasty truth of not posting anywhere else.

It sucks.

But, I have just my 'dad' on my FB friends list as of this moment.
I even took off D'arcy my wife.

I just don't want to see anything in the feed. Anything.
Now, it's just dad, and the Braille Scale Modeler Group (all things 72nd scale).

There's now no point in posting whatsoever. Only dad will see it.
And I don't want to defacto journal.

I got rid of my never got around to using it Reddit. Likely better to not start.
Twitter has not succeeded in attracting me.
I'm on Instagram, but that's just me posting pictures. No harm there, and no conversations generally.

I'm wondering, "Why do I comment on YouTube videos?" Because really, no one really cares.
I like watching the fun content. I tend to watch animal stuff to feel a bit better.

On ALL of YouTube, I only watch a channel for Flawless Kevin, a cute as hell Asian gay man nonbinary person. Looks like a girl, acts like a girl, but is not a girl. But he's a hoot and is transgender supportive.

Essentially I've told myself to shut up out there in the world of social media.
Partly because I'm not sure anyone wants to hear me.
Partly because I don't really want to deal with the return negativity.
Partly because I really do want to shut up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

My opinions, appear to be only here now (largely turfed FB) Empty Re: My opinions, appear to be only here now (largely turfed FB)

Post  Mariehart11 Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:00 pm

I'm only on here and a model related website. That's for at least a couple of years. I realised I hadn't much to say and in any case anything I did say was lost in the tsunami of unregulated and usually wrong opinions.

Plus the negativity. I hate that. I don't need it. I don't want to be upset by some anonymous creep having a go at me. I reserve a particular loathing of Twitter. Now I'm not critising FB users or other social media and people who use it but it's not for me.

I was an enthusiastic early adopter of the online world but I've been well and truly turned off.
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Lesley Niyori likes this post

Back to top Go down

My opinions, appear to be only here now (largely turfed FB) Empty Re: My opinions, appear to be only here now (largely turfed FB)

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:51 pm

I could have posted exactly the same Marie.

We are a small group here, but we are all basically friends.

I was full-on active in 2000 to 2003 with wargaming forums. But forums have had their day more or less. Everyone is on a cell phone. And forums don't do well there.
Facebook is massive, but it is already seen as an 'older people' option. Zucker had his day, but apparently, he's lost half his wealth. I hope he has an exit plan.

Sadly, the online world is a great deal more negative than positive.

After seeing the news, I tend to watch funny animal videos to regain my sense of hope.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Mariehart11 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:13 pm

I'm pretty much in the same place Bunny. While my wife was ill and after she passed away I stopped watching TV news, stopped reading the newspaper and avoided polarized posts on FB and Twitter - both are cesspools for the most extreme world views. The only reason I keep FB is to keep track of my closest relatives, primarily my Mom, my sister, my daughter and a few very close friends. Other than that, I am a watcher. It's amazing what you can learn about people when they have a platform, regardless how small.

I do stay informed, mostly through certain news websites, some of which are congruent with my echo chamber, others that are on the other side. I check multiple sources, which most of the time gives me a sense of where the truth most likely exists along the spectrum of politics etc.

Like you, I mainly watch funny animal vids, have also started watching a series on the geology of the Pacific Northwest, and as a reference source for things like repairing my RV or other assorted projects I undertake. Even then, I have to sort through the BS to find the most likely accurate offering for whatever my current project may be.

Mostly I spend my time puttering around one my little 1.22 acres of Paradise here in SW Idaho.

~ Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Mariehart11 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum