The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we next?

3 posters

Go down

Are we next? Empty Are we next?

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:45 pm

I am glad that I do not have granddaughters.

The US Supreme Court has just overturned the 50 year old Roe v Wade decision which allowed a woman the right to control her own body.

In a more worrying aspect of the decision, Justice Clarence Thomas has stated in a concurring opinion that Obergefell (Same sex marriage), Lawrence (Gay rights) and Griswold (Allows contraception) should also be overturned. If Thomas, and I suspect several others on the court (Catholics) share in Thomas' religious view of gender, get a chance at reviewing these prior decisions, then I also suspect that the SCOTUS will turn on every aspect of the LGB...T landscape.

Be very careful on how you plan the rest of your life.

I am fearful that the United States is moving towards a christian norm for our laws.

I am also glad that I will not be around to see this happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Lesley Niyori likes this post

Back to top Go down

Are we next? Empty Re: Are we next?

Post  Mariehart11 Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:03 am

We are next. Actually we as trans never were actually accepted. Terfs and even liberals and lesbians find us problematic.

But the LGBT whatever are next in line. Looking at pride this week I wonder if we've overplayed our hand. Yes the usual corporate/media have promoted it but we need to understand we are a minority in our case as trans a tiny minority. But the wider LGBT is still a small minority with us a minority in a minority.

Most people are straight and literally care nothing nor are they interested. Pride week passes them by. That includes my family and my wife's and her family and my sons. Both of whom are straight and while interested are still straight and have no understanding like most men.

This may indeed be seen as golden era.

Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:42 am

Let's make that LGB...T - the gay community doesn't want us. One of my first 'girl' friends, when I came out, was Suzanne Ford. She went all the way and I provided what little advice I could. (My health and 100 miles keep me from seeing her more often.)

Well, I hadn't talked to or seen Suzanne in a couple of years until she showed up on a local news program. She became involved in the San Francisco TransPride group. Suzanne went from a quiet person to someone who has blossomed into the person she is - good for her.

But Marie, I agree that we will never be totally accepted. A gay man or lesbian woman, if they choose, can hide behind a straight facade. It is difficult for the typical transperson to hide completely. I was blessed with a good facial bone structure, but at 5'10", with small hips, and baseball glove-sized hands, I got the occasional double look and worse, a comment.

Watching a Gay/Trans Parade on TV is different if, like me, someone lives in The Bay Area or New York, or Provincetown. A person living in Kansas is likely to not be watching the same images as I do and they are less likely to understand the happiness shown on their TV screen as they are to exhibit disgust at what must be something totally foreign to them.

It is not so much that we have overplayed our hand as it is the far-right GOP organization(s) have discovered that if you take a relatively small issue, say trans kids, and blow it up until it seems every third grader wants to have GRS or take hormones, then that portion of the political spectrum who is gullible enough to buy into the lie get is making the issues so much bigger than it would ever warrant with reasonable people.

These same far-right GOP groups have discovered that working from the ground up, i.e. local/state elections, is more productive than going after national candidates. That is why we are seeing state legislatures mucking around with election laws, anti-choice laws, strong gun laws, and ... start a list.

I don't believe it serves any of our fellow trans sisters/trans brothers to carry a sign saying I am trans - accept me without question. Getting into someone's face is never a good way to get your point across unless you are willing to be head-butted. And, sometimes it seems that is what we are doing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Celia Eriksson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:45 am

Am I next?

Nope.

The day they put MY life in danger, for a fucking book that I KNOW is a lot of bullshit that they can't even read correctly, is the day I decide it is time to reduce the human race by a number of dangerous fools.

Nope, I am NOT next.

But they sure would be.

Black white, male female, young old, able or not, religious or atheist, any other permutation of grouping, I won't tolerate my life being devalued.

As an atheist, in God, I most certainly do not trust.
Nor do I acknowledge biased laws that are not equal.

But I'm confident there's someone out there willing to try me.

The only threat I'm interested in acknowledging is mother nature. She doesn't play favourites. And she doesn't suffer fools. And she has no temples and doesn't listen to prayers.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum