The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you REALLY do with a million dollars?

4 posters

Go down

What would you REALLY do with a million dollars? Empty What would you REALLY do with a million dollars?

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:49 pm

We all talk the usual and the predictable.

I'd buy a new home, made with a nice kitchen, a nice hobby room, an ordinary bedroom, and a bathroom with a tub that was in-ground, steps into it, and designed to recline in. No jacuzzi stuff. Just made for a 6-foot-long person to recline in comfort. One only toilet (because I only need one at a time). And a nice meeting room with a comfy chair, a dining table and my desk. Nothing big or spacious.
No stairs. No basement. A storage room and a laundry room and lots of clothing closets.
The hobby room has my train layout and a lot of display options for models.

The house is built and then armoured with a stone shell and then buried under a hill. Trees are planted on top. Located near a reliable river source. Wind and solar options. Surrounded by a 20' stone wall. A shed for maintenance tools. the whole property is planted with trees. Made to look like there was nothing there.

Either that. Or I just continue to live here, and eat out for my meals, and not spend a lot of time worrying about anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

What would you REALLY do with a million dollars? Empty Re: What would you REALLY do with a million dollars?

Post  Mariehart11 Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:15 pm

Would a million dollars cover all  that? Maybe where you live in Canada. Around here it would get you a nice house with a  sea view with cash to spare.

Inevitably it would be spent on this house. A new kitchen definitely and a complete makeover for the hideous bathroom upstairs. It does to be fair have a big bath. Might  keep that. We have three  bathrooms plus another  toilet which I have the grim pleasure of keeping clean. So I'm very sympathetic towards the one bathroom idea.🙂

But that wouldn't take more than a 100k. Pay off debts and mortgages I  suppose.

The rest would  pay for college for the boys and a nest egg. I  suppose a few bucket list items might  be ticked off.

In the end our lucky boys would  probably inherit a nice bundle of cash when we depart this mortal coil.

Now if I was 22 and single. After I transitioned using the  best surgeons money could  buy. I would  make the  most of the money.🥳

Lots of shoes and lots of dresses.
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Lesley Niyori likes this post

Back to top Go down

What would you REALLY do with a million dollars? Empty Re: What would you REALLY do with a million dollars?

Post  Anna Mull Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:14 am

First and foremost: use that money for transition related costs. Aside from that, I'd donate some of it to the Homeless Black Trans Women Fund, buy a pair of eyeglasses, get driving lessons, and buy a relatively affordable yet reliable car. I'd also move to the Bay Area. I'd treat myself to a couple of nice clothing items and video games, nothing too fancy or expensive. And the rest I'll save for retirement/emergency funds.

I'm pretty low-maintenance, so even in this economy, a million dollars is a lot of money to me. I can't imagine spending too much of it.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:31 pm

Hi Bunny, Marie and Anna,

What on earth would l do? I am reasonably comfortable, not riches beyond the pale, but comfortable... so l wonder?

Travelling is a nightmare just now... so no. I have a nice little home with good neighbours and l certainly would not swap my beloved Helga for any car in the world.

So, it may seem like l am not being truthful when l say this, but l honestly would not do much with it.

It may kick me into getting a new cooker, maybe a sofa, perhaps some nice carpets, Helga resprayed... but, in time, l shall probably do all that anyway.

The ones and things l have are still ok for now... l do occasionally see something l really like... perhaps an expensive antique doll l really want, but stop myself from the folly of spending lots buying it.... if l see one for sale priced way below value, of course l swoop in like Flynn!

Well, into the bank for rainy days it would mostly go, l suppose.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum