The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Euros hot up...

5 posters

Go down

The Euros hot up... Empty The Euros hot up...

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:42 am

And so it is that l have been confined to my moby and little garden since Tuesday night's weekly auction...

The heat is too much and my foot has swollen bad. I was put on anti inflamattories and cannot take my prescriptions, even though l know they have anti inflamattory benefit...

I was going to post a topic on the Euros, but know that few here watch them, except Michaela...

Norway got knocked out last night, after being drubbed 8-0 by England they lost to Austria. It is a terrible effort, but at least l still have England to watch, and, at a push Sweden.

Finland play tonight but have little chance against Germany and there is also a game for Spain, England's next likely opponent in the knock out round, who play Denmark.

There have been some exciting games and l only missed two on Tuesday. But as much as l like to watch internationals, l need to get out and about.

I will weed my thirty odd large potted plants in a moment, but l can do little else with this silly foot problem.. and the meds for it make me quite giddykins...

Who will win? Well, l think it will be either England, France or Germany... l shall plump for England.

Celia xx

Oh, and a cartoony type pic from a silly app l just made of me playing football...The Euros hot up... Moment14

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Imran143Mayuri likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Euros hot up... Empty Re: The Euros hot up...

Post  Tara Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:28 pm

Fun pic, Celia!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:06 am

I'm sorry to hear about the record breaking heat out there. Here's a useful tip: wet towels, put them in the freezer for 20 minutes or so, and then use them to cool off. Stay safe!

Last edited by Anna Mull on Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:08 am

Yes, a wet towel draped on the back of the neck makes a fine heat sink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:06 am

Thank you everyone.

I may try the towel thingy to morrow, for it is predicted to be super hot.... here on the South Coast, it is a few degrees cooler than inland...

London, the Home Counties and quite someway North of up there it is thought that it may reach a 100... here the low 90s. The record for England may be broken, 101 in Cambridgeshire a few years ago...

I shall shop early tomorrow. My feet are now a little better and l shall chance leaving around 8.30... should be in the 70s then.

So England will meet Spain. Denmark and Finland are out, leaving Sweden the only Scandinavian team left in. England play Wednesday night....

But, l have been watching The Open highlightd, yes THE Open... beware of lesser imitations....

Victor Hovland flies the flag and leads with Rory McIlroy. Both are very much favourites of mine, so much so l care not if the Irishman wins...

I must do some housework now, coffee break is over...

Xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:24 pm

Well, here it is about 88... thet say 100 has been topped north of here inland and early indications are the record has been broken...

Caravans are funny things... closing windows on the sunny side is not an option. Just blinds down... it actually does trailers good to have a good thorough airing and be totally dry.

My plant pots, all around her, help with cooling. I give my flowery shrubs a jolly good drenchypooh every dusktide..

In the Euros France and Belgium are through... l am no big Francophile... l wanted Iceland and Italy to prevail... but hey-ho, l am sure Sweden will beat Belgium in the quarter finals and l know the Dutch will give France a difficult game.

The other quarters involve England who should beat Spain quite easily... and the Germans should dispatch the Austrians...

It starts tomorrow evening with England. I have auctions tonight, then a car boot tomorrow, some teddys and dolls amongst my sellables... sad to say... not enough room for them all... l have too many... then l can relax and watch the wonderful Euros!!!

Xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:19 am

The quarter finals were very exciting. I missed the game ladt night because my Cousin is visiting and we had fish and chips and a nice bottle of Gascony in my garden. It was a little chilly out there, but quite lovely.

England saw Spain away, but it was a tough game.... Germany, Sweden and France also have had close games but also prevailed. The four favourites are through... though the Dutch are a good side too.

Tuesday sees England play Sweden, probably the best two sides....

I must get ready in a moment, we are off to a car boot sale and my Cousin gets herself ready in two minutes flat... she will be out in a minute... l need a couple of hours.... l will speed it up... l am off to the bathroom!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:29 pm

So England saw off Sweden with a 4-0 win! It was very exciting for me, though l only watched the second half because l was at an auction....

Then Germany scraped home against France, so it is a Germany versus England final... l cannot wait!!

I am very much into watching sport lately, these Euros, the Mens and Womens cricket teams have played a lot recently against South Africa and India, then the Commonwealth games start tomorrow....

It is finding time to watch... today is quiet for me, l have been pottering around the garden, l have done my back part and weeded the pond, (no Froggy sightings today),  and clipped all the edging. I shall continue in a moment after my mint tea break, tend my pots at the front, then mow the grass.. then there is the ironing... not totally quiet, l guess.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Imran143Mayuri Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:20 pm

Interesting I missed it Due to work.
🙂
Imran143Mayuri
Imran143Mayuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:02 pm

....and it is England... beating Germany 2-1... England are champions!

The Euros hot up... Moment15

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum