The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant tangents.

+2
Celia Eriksson
Anna Mull
6 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. Empty Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant tangents.

Post  Mariehart11 Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:44 am

Yygn

Last edited by Mariehart11 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Elizabeth Lynn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. Empty Re: Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant tangents.

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 am

I’m so sorry Marie, that sucks. I’m glad you had the vaccine on board.

I had it in Jan this year. I’d scale the severity to be compatible to a moderately bad cold. Except for fatigue. Even after other symptoms resolved the fatigue prevented me from doing much for about a month, then gradually resolved over the next 4 or 5 months.

~ Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. Empty Re: Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant tangents.

Post  Anna Mull Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:19 pm

I've never had covid, but I've heard that even while vaccinated it can be pretty nasty (but considerably less lethal), so the fact that you took care of your family while you were all sick is impressive and I'm sure that they're all grateful for it. I hope that you're able to get some rest soon.

The last part of your post, specifically, I'm finished anyway, is a bit troubling, though. Are you okay?
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:29 pm

Hjh

Last edited by Mariehart11 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:20 pm

Hey. You're important. You matter. It's great that you're looking out for your kids, and it's okay to feel sorry for yourself, but for their sake and yours, you need to care about yourself, too.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Mariehart11 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:45 pm

Gjhg

Last edited by Mariehart11 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:06 am

Marie,

Much of what you shared resonates with me. Given the choice I never would have chosen this pathway. Heaven knows I did my best to ignore it, avoid it, repress it. For 58 years. It became too much to keep at bay. When I finally acknowledged it I felt better. As I began to understand it, I felt better. When I accepted it I felt whole for the first time in my life.

I grieve at the distress it caused my wife. When she died I felt even more guilt because I blamed that distress for making her vulnerable to cancer which ultimately took her life. Even though we worked hard and had 7 wonderful years as Lynn and Liz, being the cause of a lot of unhappiness in those first few years will be part of me forever.

My kids and grandkids have done well with my transition and it’s never been an issue. It didn’t interfere with my job because I worked remotely. Where I live I have no relatives or people with ties to my home town. I chose to not tell my mom. She lives 12 hours drive time from me. She would accept me openly, but also worry and at 87 years old she doesn’t need something else to fret about. When I visit her I am her son. I’m ok doing that. I told my sister. She’s Baptist and struggled with it because of the clobber verses in the Old Testament. But she worked through it and later told me I “made a pretty good sister”. I told a cousin who is very dear to me, she celebrated. I told a niece who is gay, she calls me aunt Liz

I’ve had facial hair removal and am on estrogen and spironolactone. That is the extent of my physical transition. Unless there is suddenly a way to fully restore scalp hair, then I’ll be first in line.

So, it wasn’t my choice, but I’ve come to terms with it as best I can. I could never go back.

~ Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:05 pm

I was taught to hate it. I lived in a bad neighborhood that was also extremely religious. I had to cut ties with all of my friends and family for my own safety. I stopped pursuing romantic relationships because it felt disingenuous. I was an anomaly and the constant isolation, fear, and depression made it hard to function. I mentally prepared myself for the worse for years, and experienced homelessness with nowhere to go and no one to help me, all while trying to balance college and (eventually) work. I went through hell and back all so that I could live life authentically. And despite the pain and sacrifices, I honestly wouldn't change a thing. This isn't something any of us choose, but we can try to make the most of it. Our experience is fascinating in that it allows a level of introspection/self-reflection/self-actualization that most people don't even fathom. Because of what I've been through, I now know with certainty who my real friends and family are, and I'm much better off for it.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:03 am

Thvb

Last edited by Mariehart11 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm

Hi Marie,

Wishing you well, your posts are heartbreaking, but at the same time show a very strong feminine mind beneath. As always, l hope all is well.

Sorry l have not been online much recently, l simply have oodles of stuff to do.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:07 am

Thvb

Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:22 pm

Thvb

Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:27 pm

What an absolutely wonderful picture. You are gorgeous!

I see contentment in your eyes.

Congratulations for claiming what you needed.

~ Liz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~  Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:53 pm

Thvb

Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:02 am

I have to agree with Liz, a very fetching, adorable look Marie.

I adore 60s fashion, do you temember Bewitched, l simply loved the late Elizabeth Montgomerys dresses in that tv show, she played Samantha. As a teenager, l dreamed of being like her and owning those. Not so easy to find good condition originals now, the price of them is appreciating too... l have a few packed away somewhere...

Wonderful fashion of the 60's, Elizabeth Montgomery...

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. C4b358f407717d6051b8e0203592435b

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. 0bbd13b9cc549160fda1c4ed6b613b91

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. Shot0062

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. Shot0068

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:56 pm

Thvb

Last edited by Mariehart11 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:48 pm

Marie, thank you for the compliment, I am humbled.

Oh! You are ladies after my own heart!

I love dresses and fashions from the 40’s on. One of my style idols is Audrey Hepburn. I adore dresses and the only reason I don’t have more is for a lack of places and suitable events for me to wear them. I have a couple of 50’s swing dresses (and the petticoats to go with them). As well as 2 50’s era sundresses.

My mom wore “house dresses” - simple affairs for everyday wear but I loved them.

And yes, Bewitched was one of my favorite shows and I crushed on Samantha every week, so feminine, yet strong, smart and always stylish.

Such fun talking about this!

~ Liz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~  Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:13 pm

Oh Liz... Audrey is one of my favourite film stars of all time. Her, Jane Fonda, Cary Grant and Clint Eastwood... well Cary and Clint for other reasons too... naturally!!!

As l am in a very pic loading mood today... here is Audrey and Cary together!

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. 8440a45d28949561a475fc8605579753

Gosh, Cary was.... gulp... ahem!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:02 pm

Thvb

Last edited by Mariehart11 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:51 pm

Thvb

Last edited by Mariehart11 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:03 pm

Here she is Marie... !!!!

Thoughts,vague ideas and pleasant  tangents. Joanna-lumley-6

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:01 pm

She looked  great and she looks great  now in her  seventies.

I  think  she  would be a brilliant dinner guest.

I love to chat and gossip. You just  know  certain people are  the same. When I  meet  my friend  Caroline we talk  so much my jaw  is sore afterwards. You  just  know Joanna would  be similar.
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:31 pm

Well this thread is entitled 'vague ideas'. Overtaken by  the loss of the  Queen. Didn't  see that coming.

I'll  miss her.

So I'll  continue with vague ideas and thoughts.
Completely self indulgent.

But really it's quiet here for the most part. Bunny has gone missing. C'mon sweetheart unless Canada has been eliminated you're still with us.

If you don't come back I'll witter on forever about my issues.

No one wants to hear that.

Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:03 pm

Good morning my lovelies!

I’m so enjoying this thread. Celia, those are beautiful! I have to admit, I had to look up canal art, I’ve never enco7ntered that term.

Finally the summer heat is fading and the early morning has just a hint of approaching fall weather.. I have two pear trees that reliably produce abundant crops of pears and this is the time when they begin to ripen. The first harvest of a fruit tree always excites me.

Marie, nothing self indulgent about expressing your thoughts. Doing so is an act of radical self care. And where better to do it than here, and who better to share with than us?

Time to get going for the day and hopefully complete some domestic chores.

~ Liz

~  Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:13 pm

Yes, the term canal art stems from the days of bargiemen, on Horse drawn narrowboats that transported goods on the British canal system... they had so much time on their hands, for the boats moved very slowly.... why not paint everything bright colours? These days it is more of a womans thing....

What do you do with your Pears Liz? Perry is a lovely drink... but a juicy Pear, just to eat is quite a treat! I do have a Damson tree in my little garden, it is still young. I did have one Damson growing!.... then the other day l found two on the lawn....

Must away to Bedfordshire.... l have a 250 mile round trip drive tomorrow.... gulp....

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next