The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open Golf!!!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Open Golf!!! Empty Open Golf!!!

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi Everyone!

Well, I'm feeling very groggybot, I've finished four long shifts and I have another tomorrow.... but I'm lifted by watching the open, unfortunately I have lots of housework, but I'm having a coffee and a quick peek here!
So Kisner still leads but Tommy is on the march as is Tiger and Rory and quite afew others. Nice to see mostly American and English players slugging out at the top!

Ooh Tiger was lucky there! Anyway, time to get my ironing out..... Rory got a birdy! ….. so I know you want my mystical cosmical mysteriously correct prediction, hold on a mo..... upturns head in a mystical type way with eyes whitened.... ooooh! waaaaaah! oooooh! waaaaah!... so, peeking through the ethereal aura I foresee Tommy Fleetwood holding the claret jug!.... must go!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Open Golf!!! Empty Re: Open Golf!!!

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:05 pm

My brother has it nice, he doesn't need to play golf on a video game, he's actually played with Tiger Woods in recent months.

My brother is a sports writer and reviews Golf courses for the paper among other things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi Everyone!

Well, Lesley that's amazing. I think Tiger is one of the greatest players ever, up there with Norman, Nicklaus, Palmer, Locke, Snead, Hogan and Watson. He is very lucky to have played with him.

And Angel, there is only one way to improve..... as Palmer once quoted, roughly: "Funny thing was the more I practised, the luckier I got..." Soz, but I don't do video games, I do play candy crush on my tabby though.

I hit the course and the range whenever possible, but I don't play in the stifling heat we're having, constant 80 - 90 degrees for the last six weeks or so and no end in sight! I can't stand it!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:28 am

Well Angel. I think it is time you pushed your nose firmly in the air and began to realise that you are better than that!

Nobody is perfect, even in the world of golf... or looks. What use is youth when it is ageing? Ya could say, every pretty woman becomes a haggard. etc. etc.

Dwell on your good points. I am sure this is not you, but listen anyway. I have had hoots of evenings in clubs with guys built like brick shithouses dressed with skirts up to their ass, no attempt to remove a morcel of hair apart from their beard, they'd usually end up trying to pull me, unsuccessfully.

I have known gay bottom guys of similar large stature, perfectly shaven, of what you could see... debonair and moving as gracefully as a Swan and being some of the most interesting people I have ever known.

Guys like that are generally well respected by all, straight, gay and at least one tg rep., me.

I have also known the complete reverse. I have known little 110 pound femboys that looked a complete state of over applied make up and ridiculous dress with nasty, troubled, selfish attitudes to life and top guys that don't give a shit about their prey as long as they get their penis squirted.

But, I have still had hoots with them all and accept them as who they are. It's a case of, actually being like a woman, and sifting out the bad guys, which I am quite good at.... too good at.

It is, usually, the tg women that are so perfect, so admirable, that are the real catty, nasty, jealous types. So lighten up Angel, accept what and who you are! Just be you, and for at least my sake, look forward to the future! The past is gone, the now is soon the past. Think... future!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:I think Tiger is one of the greatest players ever, up there with Norman, Nicklaus, Palmer, Locke, Snead, Hogan and Watson. He is very lucky to have played with hi
Tiger Woods, at 42 is nearly one generation removed from today's youthful players - but in his prime, he was without a doubt the very best.

I saw Tiger twice, once during an AT&T Pro-Am at Pebble Beach. Donald Trump was in his foursome (sounds of Miki throwing up) and I watched Woods tee off at the 16th. (A hole I actually parred the time I played Pebble). I forget who the pro was with Trump, but the amateur with Woods was Ken Griffey, Jr - a REALLY good pro baseball player!)

I was a grand stand marshal on the 7th and 15th tees (Friday and Sunday) for the 2012 US Open at the Olympic Club in San Francisco when Tiger came through.

Tiger's penchant for 110% effort on a drive cost him way too many shots. If he had chosen accuracy over distance later in his career, he would still be at the top of the game and his back likely wouldn't have needed the rehabilitation it required.

My Father in Law played a couple of rounds with Hogan when Hogan came through the Bay Area in the 1930s. Hogan would pick up extra cash by charging players to play a round with him. (Remember, the prize for winning a golf tournament when Hogan played would be in the thousands, not millions of Dollars like it is today.) My FIL was a 5 or 6 handicap during his day so it was unlikely he was playing to be embarrassed by Hogan.

I personally find Tiger Woods treatment of his ex-wife and also the various female waitpeople he would bed while on the road reprehensible. If I was offered a round with Woods or a lunch or something like that I would decline and I would tell him why.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi Everyone!

Well MIki, I think it's great watching pros too. I saw some at Wentworth years ago, well mostly Brits, but it was good to watch. To see Tiger would be amazing, yes he is a great. Hogan was too and your FIL was blessed to play with a legend. I'm trying to think of my all time favourite, without thinking about looks and that. But I always enjoyed watching Fred Couples, so layed back, so enjoying his golf, so he nearly makes my favourite., coz he was kinda cute too, but that don't count.

Open Golf!!! GolfbenhoganOpen Golf!!! Golferfred

Another favourite is Phil Mickelson, a fantastic southpaw with the complete game, but his approach shots are breathtaking, I know he is near senior now, but what a player. English player? So that would be Sir Nick Faldo, another all rounder who would one day play terrible and the next play like a genius!

All time male great for me, in my lifetime? Tom Watson, nobody comes close for me, that man was the very very best of  golfers in his prime and beyond, he nearly won the Open a few years ago!

Then of course, one of my personal heroines, Annika Sörenstam, She hit the world famous 59 at the Moon Valley Country Club (par 72), in Phoenix, Arizona. It's on Youtube with an interview with her. I think Annika deserves my favourite over all and Tom the best of the men.

Open Golf!!! Golfer_tomOpen Golf!!! Golfer_annika

Oh, and sorry Angel, somehow I was answering another post of yours and it wandered here.... there are still glitches with this site, or I moved on before answering, or back. Who knows?

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:22 pm

I'm not a gamer really and don't like golf at all real or otherwise.

I'd certainly give it plenty of air time though.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Hi Angel and Lesley!

Well, I'm with Lesley there, I'm not in to video games at all, not through trying, I had a Megadrive years ago, but found it a complete waste of time and gave it away. But if you made a golf game I'd have a look and rate it too. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:06 am

If I had the funds, I would opt for an indoor golf facility. The better ones have the capability to set up nearly every course in the world.

I would love to try my hand at the 15th (over the water) hole at Cypress Point, Pebble Beach. I will never get to play the course first hand, so a simulation would be second or third best.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:51 pm

My Mother loved watching Golf. Every April, God forbid you interrupted her when she settled down with a cup of tea to watch the Masters in Augusta. That and the Open and the Irish Open. She loved to watch sport. I mentioned before how when I still lived with her. I turned on a romantic comedy only to hear a series of heavy sighs from her direction. Turns out Manchester United were on another channel.

She used the play the short game known as pitch and putt, which is quite big here in Ireland. Requires the same skill but a lot more accessible. She was introduced to it by my Father and soon she was one of the top lady players in her club. Dad was good too. He also played golf. I still have his clubs. I acquired when my Mother died a few years ago. Rather poignantly his bag still had his golf shoes in it complete with the mud he picked up the very last time he played back in 1991.

Anyway I played a bit and frankly wasn't a bad player. My Father reckoned I could go professional but I had no interest. Possibly a mistake that. I have played a video game or two but really it isn't the same. You have to be out there in the sun or the rain. Much more fun.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:20 pm

It's weeks since I have played or even gone to the range! It's too hot and I can't stand it! I went to a farm shop with Mother today after a fish and chip lunch and it was not long before she wanted to go back to her care home. I nipped around and got my vegetables and took her back. Too damned hot to do anything! I'm sitting her at 10 pm with the fan on in my undies and I am still too hot!!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:03 pm

mariehart1 wrote:She used the play the short game known as pitch and putt, which is quite big here in Ireland. Requires the same skill but a lot more accessible.
One of my local municipal courses has 9 hole par three course which I could play anytime. The longest hole is 125 yards and yes, it takes a lot of short game skill.
mariehart1 wrote:Rather poignantly his bag still had his golf shoes in it complete with the mud he picked up the very last time he played back in 1991.
My father was a super athlete in high school and through the early 1930s. He played semi-pro baseball against some of the best who went on to the major leagues like Joe and Dom DiMaggio. He was good enough to have been offered a contract with the then Brooklyn Dodgers.

So, getting back to shoes. I found an old leather bag in a storage place in our second house and inside was a pair of baseball spikes AND a pair of spiked running shoes. I asked my father what they were for and he said he ran the 100 yards sprint in high school. I asked him what was his best time and he said 9.8 seconds - WHAT! That is close to the world record of 9.52 seconds set in 1962.

Well, to finish up a boring story, I tried to wear his baseball shoes - but they were too uncomfortable. The sprint shoes were way beyond useable in 1958.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi Miki!

It is weird with family stuff that ya keep, especially clothing. The only family piece of clothing I have from long ago is my elder Brothers brown 1973 Leather bomber jacket, it is a very expensive one, the make escapes me, but it's packed up way back in one of my wardrobes.. It fitted him when he was 15 and it is too big for me and is my only article of male clothing, apart from my generic work uniform. I keep it coz he gave it to me coz I like antique clothing, and he wore it on the very night he first went out with my Sister in Law to the local hop in Walton.

It's also way too long, my Brother is 6ft. exactly, he would have been nearing 5'10 then, I truly was the runt, coz my Father was 5'9" How did I endy up 5'5"!?!? But anyway, the coat reminds me of how slim he was, back in the day too. It has those huge lapels and is truly in very good condition for it's age, it could be worth quite a few pounds, though I would never sell it.

Well, the horrid heat here is supposed to break soon, so my being half way through my shifts, I'm dearly hoping to get a spot of golf in at some point coz I got a three day stretch off!...… but I have an electrician coming in to look at my meter, it's showing the wrong time! and have to take Helga in, she's losing some coolant again!!!!! (on the ground, not in the oil thank goodness)..... and then there is Mother and housework and two friends from Swindon coming down for a day out. Oh my, .... I'll slot in at least 9 holes somehow!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:04 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:...It has those huge lapels and is truly in very good condition for it's age, it could be worth quite a few pounds, though I would never sell it.
My first marriage was in 1968 and my wife's parents had her gtandmother living with them. She was well into her 90s at the time and had be a successful model in New York City.

She had dementia and also had a magnificent seal skin coat that was floor length. She wore the coat ALL OF THE TIME - even when the temperature would reach 100d F. We divorced while the grandmother was still alive so I don't know what happened to the coat, but I suspect that given its condition, it would sell for several $1,000s today.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:04 pm

Oh Angel, I had the Megadrive and I barely used it, but I understand what you mean about others. It would be more fun, I guess. In truth, I'd rather play real golf, badminton or cards, as I do, with friends. I do like my Candy Crush game on my tablet though, for those long nights on shift. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next