The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened?

+5
Celia Eriksson
Angelic
MichaelaSJ
Lesley Niyori
MyNicky
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What happened? Empty What happened?

Post  MyNicky Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:29 am

Wowee, I hope I've found the right place here! I have no idea what happened to the old forum, it just vanished!
Well no matter, I've found my way here, still muddling through. Still growing my hair out, and hey, I hit a new "first" tue other month, I dyed my hair for the first time. I've gone from black to a dark brunette. So not a massive change, but one I'm proud of. And it hides those pesky insistent greys!
MyNicky
MyNicky

Back to top Go down

What happened? Empty Re: What happened?

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:41 am

Glad to have ya here.

The old place ran into the new EU laws, and they couldn't adjust, so poof the forums were just closed.

But Celia has retained the feel and flavour for us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:17 am

Welcome back!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi Honey!

Welcome! It's so good to see you again! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Angelic wrote:
Lesley Niyori wrote:Glad to have ya here.

The old place ran into the new EU laws, and they couldn't adjust, so poof the forums were just closed.

But Celia has retained the feel and flavour for us.

New EU laws?

Yes, their are new data laws that have wrecked a lot of the net. Little wonder the UK and Norway wants little to do with the EU. Unfortunately, both Norway and the UK have to comply because the UK is officially still in for a few months yet and Norway is in EFTA, a kinda Euro-lite that accepts many rules. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Celia

Can you point me to the Eu law(s) that forced the closure of some of the blogs?

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:49 am

Hi!

This explains most of it quite well Miki:

https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/data-protection-dpa-and-eu-data-protection-regulation

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:12 am

Yes, their are new data laws that have wrecked a lot of the net. Little wonder the UK and Norway wants little to do with the EU. Unfortunately, both Norway and the UK have to comply because the UK is officially still in for a few months yet and Norway is in EFTA, a kinda Euro-lite that accepts many rules. Celia xx
The UK will continue to mirror the GDPR into the future. If fact if anything the UK regulator is more inclined to pursue companies that break the rules than other countries. So no use blaming the EU this time.

As for tgboards, I do feel the ship was abandoned rather prematurely. I can't help feeling there were other reasons too.

After all this site is just fine.

As for Brexit the wheels seem to falling off that particular bus particularly the big red £350 million one. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:32 pm

Well Marie, you may be right, but I'm not sure the UK would want to burden business with these data laws, especially a Tory government. But that's by the by, it's happened and the tg owner made a decision and that was her choice.

I voted remain in the referendum, but like everyone, I want clarity as does every other person living here. Either be in or be out, coz dipping a half baked toe in the EU pond outside EFTA is not good, businesses need to be told exactly where the UK will be this time next year, but there are clouds of fudgey fudge fudge all over it!

I would have preferred another referendum just to clarify whether the UK wants to be economically linked, but that's probably too late now! It's typical British mismanagement, marmalising the whole process into a politically messy smörgåsbord.

I think if any other country had voted to leave they would have sorted it out by now and left, promoting their own interests and getting on with it. Nobody has a clue what's going on! I think the Norway government and the Swiss have it right, the UK should join them in EFTA, if there's not another referendum.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:... marmalising the whole process into a politically messy smörgåsbord

I think that just won the Internet for the day.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:59 pm

I think it was needed particularly now as we see many of the big tech companies were taking the pee gathering all sort of data on us. It was long overdue. I really don't think they were ever after the little forums out there. It was the microsofts and the facebooks.

As for Brexit yes it is a 'marmalising the whole process into a politically messy smörgåsbord' type situation. Not helped by Tory right wing fundamentalism and a bizarre harking back to the supposed good old days which never existed. The Brexiteers attitude that 'it will all work out in the end' is not an actual solution. World War two worked out in the end but there were a lot of casualties before it was over. Meanwhile the Labour oppostion is seemingly intent on turning Britain into a kind of Cuba off the coast of Europe.

It's all bizarre and very un British I must say.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:38 am

Welcome!  The old board is still registered to someone:

WHOIS search results
Domain Name: TGBOARDS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 24906026_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2018-05-22T19:37:57Z
Creation Date: 2000-04-14T03:38:50Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-04-14T03:38:50Z
Registrar: NameCheap Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 1068
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@namecheap.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6613102107
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Name Server: DNS1.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
Name Server: DNS2.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2018-08-09T08:37:03Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://icann.org/epp

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:43 am

took me 2 weeks of wondering what had happened before using the wayback machine to find the closure post(s) and eventually make my way here.

cheers
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:06 am

Welcome back to the fray, Lenneth.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:26 am

Hi Lenneth!

Welcome to the rehashed version!

Well done! That wayback machine sounds great! How far can you go back with it?

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Welcome back Lenneth.

What's been happening with you in the interim?

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:10 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:Welcome back Lenneth.

What's been happening with you in the interim?

to much.....
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

What happened? Empty :(

Post  Kidagakash Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:06 am

This forum was one of the pillars that bolstered my resolve to stop feeling broken and finally do something talk to people figure stuff out. I was kind of lost when this place vanished. I only found my way back a few weeks ago.has been a couple years or more since I've been able to chat or talk with anyone who understood what is going on and blanketed the whole place with a virtual treasure trove of help for someone struggling with gender disphoria. I am very relieved we are all coming back together. TBH, I spend most of my time alone at home with cats and the rest of it in therapy. I really missed being able to launch messages across the world to you all.

=^_^=
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:43 pm

Kidagakash wrote:I really missed being able to launch messages across the world to you all.
We are all waiting for your messages in the splash zone.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

Whilst taking a well earnt coffee break from my almost sisyphean, succiduous of supererogation, sorting stuff and almost yielding squassation to self, (yes I am hoping to move soon), and without being my ever being sesquipedalian, I thought I'd catch up with some posts I missed. I tried the wayback machine, but it only keeps producing just two posts! Anyone know how to look back into the old boards a little furtherer?

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:10 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:sesquipedalian

Certainly a foot-and-a-half word if there ever was one!

Alas, alliteration always alerts a lady with alarming alacrity.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:16 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:...sesquipedalian
Celia xx
I looked it up but there was too many words to read.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:05 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:
Kidagakash wrote:I really missed being able to launch messages across the world to you all.
Q
Splash zone?
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:03 pm

Kidagakash wrote:
MichaelaSJ wrote:
Q
Splash zone?
Sorry, I was being a bit esoteric. I was thinking about the three Mars expedition vehicles landing on Mars this month - The U.S. Mars vehicle, Perseverance, is scheduled to land to today. China and the UAE also have scheduled landings on Mars this month.

So, 'splash zone' is where the U.S. astronauts would land in the ocean after a launch.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum