The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone here like Donald Trump?

+5
Tara
Lesley Niyori
MichaelaSJ
Angelic
Jehanne
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does anyone here like Donald Trump? Empty Does anyone here like Donald Trump?

Post  Jehanne Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Not so much as an individual, but as the US President.  Just curious?

Surprised

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Does anyone here like Donald Trump? Empty Re: Does anyone here like Donald Trump?

Post  Jehanne Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:41 pm

I have never though of BC as being an entertainer, but, I do agree with you, that he could be entertaining.  Still, I think that he'll rank higher than will Trump a century from now per the historians.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Does anyone here like Donald Trump? Empty Re: Does anyone here like Donald Trump?

Post  Guest Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Not even his wife likes him. I doubt she married him for love, just his money. I doubt if any of his fawning acolytes like him either. He's just their useful idiot, an empty vessel for pushing their dangerous right wing agenda. His staff say he often surprises them with his sudden ideas seemingly plucked from the sky or the internet. But in truth there has to be someone whispering in his ear. The man doesn't have an original thought in his head.

As for Clinton, he had and has real charisma, unlike his wife. He could stain my dress anytime. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:54 pm

I regret that Hillary did not win; she got screwed. But, her and Bill's relationship is "just business"; still, I think that he would have made a fine First Gentleman. Instead, we got a nut who may blow all of us to Kingdom Come.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Donald Trump sold himself as a businessman with high business acumen and skills.

I have observed, both second hand and third hand, some (two) of his real estate transactions. He does well at selling his name/reputation, but his ability to follow through on a project to a successful completion is SORELY lacking.

He has brought his same skillset (or lack thereof) to the presidency. He has no true or complete vision of where to head my Country and allows himself to be steered by what might seem plausible by his staff. He has surrounded himself with sycophants yielding ever increasingly long tongues willing to lick his ass to feather their own nests - to the detriment of those who will end up picking up the pieces after he has left office.

His only true skill it to read a crowd (a potential buyer, if you will) and get the crowd to follow him down whatever path he is selling. He is a buffoon, a huckster, a fraud, a sexist and a racist.

I will agree with almost anyone who will tell me Clinton would not have made a good president - but she would stand well above Trump's shoulders in her ability to guide us toward a better Country than the one Trump is steering us towards.

Trump is destroying everything we have strived to get right so far. His cronies are not trying to make America great again - they are trying to milk what they can from the Nation's wealth for their own gain.

Donald Trump does not:

• understand international trade economics
  • have any sense of scientific processes and how letting corporations run wild will ruin our environments
  • understand how racial antipathy will destroy society
  • understand how climate change will affect national/regional/worldwide economies
  • give a damn about anything except himself and his family (and he would probably throw them under a bus for an extra Dollar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:51 pm

What she said Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:25 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:
Donald Trump does not:

• have any sense of scientific processes and how letting corporations run wild will ruin our environments
  • understand how climate change will affect national/regional/worldwide economies
  • give a damn about anything except himself and his family (and he would probably throw them under a bus for an extra Dollar

Absolutely nailed it. He has taken the American presidency and turned it into a joke. This is the most powerful and most admired, feared, hated, loved, regime on Earth. He's a joke with his finger on the nuclear button. Anyone who works for him has ended their career forever.

But Americans needed this. They need to realise how precious their democracy is. Their freedom. Trump is an example, like Erdogan, like Putin about how it can go badly wrong and how quickly.

We needed this to happen. We needed a Trump. Yes Hillary was a po faced traditional politician. She blew it.

Trump is a moment in time. A lesson we needed to learn. Populism is a failure of real politics

Trump is an anomally but a dangerous one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:22 am

I agree with every post on this thread so far.

I feel bad for Trump as a lonely individual who evidently has no idea of what it is to be loved or admired just for yourself. He has plenty of people who dote on him because of his money, or because he is willing to express things they were afraid to say. But I imagine he must feel a very empty existence that he tries to fill up with his brashness and bluster.

That said, no, I don't like him.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:05 am

Hi Everyone!

Well, not much to add. I try not to dislike anyone and especially so when I don't know them, but as Tara specified politics, I know I would never have voted for him, were I American. I am sure that the Americans here realise that the majority of people, outside looking in, were flabbergasted, amazed and worried when you chose Donald as your president. It would not be worrying for us if it did not affect us, but it does.

So, to you Americans, I'd say that I doubt very much he will win the second term, unless the Democrats manage to shoot themselves in the foot again with their selection. I guess it's a case of riding it out until November 3rd. '20, when hopefully you will chose someone sensible.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:21 pm

mariehart1 wrote:
MichaelaSJ wrote:
Donald Trump does not:

Absolutely nailed it. He has taken the American presidency and turned it into a joke. This is the most powerful and most admired, feared, hated, loved, regime on Earth. He's a joke with his finger on the nuclear button.  Anyone who works for him has ended their career forever.

But Americans needed this. They need to realise how precious their democracy is. Their freedom. Trump is an example, like Erdogan, like Putin about how it can go badly wrong and how quickly.

We needed this to happen. We needed a Trump. Yes Hillary was a po faced traditional politician. She blew it.

Trump is a moment in time. A lesson we needed to learn. Populism is a failure of real politics

Trump is an anomally but a dangerous one.

I have read that the upper echelons of the US Defense Command has a plan to "tackle Trump" and contain him if he should order a nuclear strike.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:42 pm

He could still start a war, that could lead to a global thermonuclear one. That's what is scary. I bet that he'll try to pick a fight with Iran to get his other troubles off the front page. If he is busy directing a war, then he can use that as an excuse not to be tried for impeachment, testifying (or for him, "testilying"), etc.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:33 pm

I can't imagine Hillary provoking any conflict; for one, she would have keep the Iran agreement.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Angelic wrote:Neither do I but, at least Trump has money.
What makes you think Trump has money (at least in the quantities he purports to have).

He is a giant ponzi scheme promoter and if one of his properties fails, it will likely cause him great financial harm.

Remember, he sued an author of a book that debunked his 'billionaire' statement and HE LOST THE LAWSUIT.
A New Jersey appeals court has affirmed a lower court's ruling to dismiss a defamation lawsuit brought by Donald Trump against a book author who claimed the real estate magnate/reality TV star isn't really a billionaire.
In a ruling issued on Wednesday, the appeals court affirms that Trump hasn't demonstrated that author Timothy O’Brien committed "actual malice" by citing three unnamed sources who estimated the net worth of The Apprentice star to be between $150 million and $250 million.
Trump filed the $5 billion lawsuit in 2009 over O'Brien's book, TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald. The lawsuit was rejected in 2009 by a New Jersey superior judge. Trump then appealed the judgment on the theory that relying on anonymous sources could rise to the actual malice standard needed for public figures to prevail in a libel suit.
But a New Jersey appeals court doesn't see the logic here. According to the decision:
"There were no significant internal inconsistencies in the information provided by the confidential sources, nor was there 'reliable' information that contradicted their reports, so as to provide evidence of actual malice. Nothing suggests that O'Brien was subjectively aware of the falsity of his source's figures or that he had actual doubts as to the information's accuracy."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/donald-trump-loses-libel-lawsuit-232923

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:29 am

Angelic wrote:Still more money than me.
So....envy is your problem Shocked

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Angelic wrote:
Jehanne wrote:I can't imagine Hillary provoking any conflict; for one, she would have keep the Iran agreement.

Then maybe its time you upgraded your imagination.

A World in which things fall Up instead of Down?? I find it impossible to believe that Hillary Clinton would have abrogated one of President Obama's landmark agreements, namely, the agreement with Iran.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:50 pm

Omarosa Manigault Newman, who hardly anyone has a good word to say about her, was called A DOG by POTUS Trump because of a 'tell all' book she is promoting this week.

Talk about dog whistle politics. This guy is truly a piece of smelly pig shit.

...and getting back to the original question - I don't think so!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Does anyone here like Donald Trump? Empty You have kinda met the definition

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:46 am

Definition of envy
: painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage
: an object of envious notice or feeling
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/envy

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:07 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:Omarosa Manigault Newman, who hardly anyone has a good word to say about her, was called A DOG by POTUS Trump because of a 'tell all' book she is promoting this week.

Talk about dog whistle politics. This guy is truly a piece of smelly pig shit.

...and getting back to the original question - I don't think so!

But, it does look like he used the N-word:

Trump Doing His Best to Prove that Yes, He Is a Racist Who Used the N-Word

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next