The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A woman referred to me as "that lady".

5 posters

Go down

A woman referred to me as "that lady". Empty A woman referred to me as "that lady".

Post  Jehanne Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:54 pm

I was not even trying to pass; just out for a walk.  A guy was in front of me with bare feet, talking to this woman on the steps leading to her house, and she told him, "There's this lady behind you..." as he was blocking (men!) the sidewalk.  I was so thrilled!  But, then again, there was some woman across the street laughing hysterically; I just ignored her.  Could not tell if such was directed at me or not.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

A woman referred to me as "that lady". Empty Re: A woman referred to me as "that lady".

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:27 pm

We pass by most people without giving them a second thought.

I was in a big box store yesterday in a pair of shorts, a somewhat tight tee and a light zippered hoodie - no makeup, hair tied back and small stud earrings.

"I'll take you over here ma'am"

Makes you feel like whatever you are doing is working, at least some of the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

A woman referred to me as "that lady". Empty Re: A woman referred to me as "that lady".

Post  Jehanne Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:39 pm

My wife has been trying to tie my hair back, but it hurts, and, I am afraid that it is going to be pulled out by the roots!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:40 pm

Jehanne wrote:My wife has been trying to tie my hair back, but it hurts, and, I am afraid that it is going to be pulled out by the roots!
It should not hurt and if it does it means you hair is being pulled out. Wait for a while until it is longer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:12 am

So, does anyone know if hair cells divide on one's head?  I have looked online but can't find any information about this.  I'm 50, and probably lost some on the hairline but have been working now for over a year on trying to get it to grow back (Rogaine & finasteride).  Have made some progress, or so, at least I like to imagine I have!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:51 am

Jehanne wrote:So, does anyone know if hair cells divide on one's head?
The hair is a complex system, as shown below:
A woman referred to me as "that lady". Tzg45
I have read where there may be two shafts in one complex, but generally, one hair per complex.
Jehanne wrote:I'm 50, and probably lost some on the hairline but have been working now for over a year on trying to get it to grow back (Rogaine & finasteride).  Have made some progress, or so, at least I like to imagine I have!
I think (my opinion and not to be trusted Laughing ) it is best to try and stop the hair loss so the hairline doesn't recede any further. Then after you have won the lottery, you can surgically lower your hairline.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:03 am

You aren't filling me with much hope, Michaela, but I'll settle for reality over unrealistic expectations.  Thanks.

Dawn

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:20 pm

If you pull back the hair to much you will get hair loss. Common effect of the facelift hair styles around here!
Sadly once the follicle is dead there's not much you can do. Which is great for facial hair, not so for head hair.
I found that finasteride has helped with my widows peak which has reduced visually as the hair got thicker.

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Abby wrote:I found that finasteride has helped with my widows peak which has reduced visually as the hair got thicker.  

The same for me. It hasn't eliminated the peak, but at least it brought it to within the range of some cis women. More importantly, it has almost completely eliminated the bald spot that was developing on the crown of my head.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:02 pm

Abby wrote:If you pull back the hair to much you will get hair loss. Common effect of the facelift hair styles around here!
Sadly once the follicle is dead there's not much you can do. Which is great for facial hair, not so for head hair.  
I found that finasteride has helped with my widows peak which has reduced visually as the hair got thicker.  

I have been taking finasteride 5 mg per day now for a year, with Rogaine twice daily.  Anything else that works for anyone?

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:14 am

Jehanne wrote:
I have been taking finasteride 5 mg per day now for a year, with Rogaine twice daily.  Anything else that works for anyone?

Rogaine, yeah, I forgot to mention that. I think the finasteride has more powerful effect, but the Rogaine is relatively cheap for a six month supply on Amazon, and I figure that helps, too.

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:28 am

Thanks for the Amazon tip! I have been buying at Target. By the way, I have read that the liquid drops are more effective than is the foam.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:31 pm

Jehanne wrote:Thanks for the Amazon tip!  I have been buying at Target.  By the way, I have read that the liquid drops are more effective than is the foam.

Yes, I have read that too. I've always used the liquid, not the foam.

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:01 pm

I'd love to have a full head of actual grown out of my head hair.

I'd like to be rich and a successful published writer too Smile

My chances are better with the book Smile

The thing is, no one ever thinks I'm wearing a wig.

Sometimes hair that is grown is over rated.

If I consider the sum total times I will be in a situation where I'm swimming etc, with just being out and about and wearing a wig, the wig is actually the superior solution for me.

When I get home, off comes the bra and off comes the hair Smile
I like my comfort Smile

I've yet to actually find wearing a wig defacto problematic on a hot day. Any more so that sweating in real hair.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:35 pm

As I said, Lesley, your hair looks completely natural; would have never guessed.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down