The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is so San Francisco, so Trans

2 posters

Go down

This is so San Francisco, so Trans Empty This is so San Francisco, so Trans

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:39 pm

I just finished watching This Old House Hour, S16 E14.The last segment was how new technologies and old world craftsmanship melds together.

One of the technicians was a twenty's something transwoman. She was not identified as such, but you know, we know. I thought that it was cool that they didn't feel it necessary to announce that she was trans. But then, this is The City, isn't it?

The shop where the segment was filmed was in an old dock warehouse, Pier 9. I still yearn for my woodshop and I wish I could finish that lapstrake boat I so wanted to build.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

This is so San Francisco, so Trans Empty Re: This is so San Francisco, so Trans

Post  Guest Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:23 pm

So it should be, a non issue. In another example on British Channel 4 is a series recreating the Battle of Britain with RC model planes. One model pilot is clearly Trans and the best flyer. It isn't addressed at all except obliquely by her saying when she appears at model fields. The guys assume she's one of the wives.
Which raises another point, it's still the case that even with cis women. That their presence in what are typical male is highlighted. Pilots for example, women have been flying since just after the Wright Brothers. Yet people react as if was strange and new.
We have a bit to go before we're blending in the background. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Women pilots were crucial to delivering airplanes to Europe and the western Pacific during WWII.

U.S. women are currently flying tactical aircraft on aircraft carriers and in other combat roles.

If a job role does not require absolute brute strength then there is no job that should exclude women. Women are firefighters, construction workers and recently, women have qualified for the Army Ranger ranks. (I have know one Ranger and he was a tough sonabitch.)

We are women and can do anything!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:27 am

Quite right Miki!

And there have been women in all kind of so called male roles since time immemorial, in many, many societies, I don't doubt for one moment that transwomen have figured in major roles of importance since year dot too and the vast majority have contributed to mankind. There is nothing new upon God's earth, we think the same as every society that preceded us, we are the first, we are the only, every first is ours, it could never have happened before, we are the most important! All previous societies, ages, eras and generations thought that!

Well, that wrongful thinking is probably due to certain technological advancical thingys across the board, from medicine to engineering, for each age most certainly had it's 'inventions'.... As far as human society goes, nothing, absolutely nothing, is new.....

BTW Miki, I remember the picture of the lapstrake. It's a shame ya never made it.... I hope one day ya get to see one made for you. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum