The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My brother's wedding

2 posters

Go down

My brother's wedding Empty My brother's wedding

Post  Abby Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:55 pm

So, long story short. My brother asked me to be his best man, about two weeks after I came out to my wife. After I came out to the family i gave them the option pleanty of time to think about what they wanted to do. No pressure, it's there day and happy either way (originally they were worried that I would out shine the bride by dressing over the top, once they saw me fully and I explained the differences between being being transgender and what they saw on Drag race
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

My brother's wedding Empty Re: My brother's wedding

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:49 pm

I feel for your predicament, but in your place, I'd just tell him, look bridesmaid ok, best man, sorry not able to do that, not even a man here.

You don't want years later to make his wedding pictures 'awkward', "oh yeah, my best man was actually a woman".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:42 am

Ah, may have not been clear. The wedding was last weekend! Lots of photos, with different combinations of people!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:09 pm

Yeah, I thought we had already had this discussion Smile

Would love to see some pictures.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down