The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The recently departed thread?

2 posters

Go down

The recently departed thread? Empty The recently departed thread?

Post  Jehanne Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:47 pm

I post on one (and only one) other board on the Internet (the extent of my online presence, save an occasional comment on various newspaper sites), and the mods on that other board have an ongoing thread on why "so and so" may have been banned, either permanently or temporarily (either way, the said individual usually is not heard from again.)

And, yes, I am wondering what happened.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

The recently departed thread? Empty Re: The recently departed thread?

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi Jehanne!

Well, we can have that. I suppose. It may be best to have such things open and reasons given.

Well, they are soon, if they wish, to not be departed anymore, their ban is up New Years Eve midnight. So what happened? Oh my, well, from the top of my head it went like this......

It started with insults, then a complaint from one of them. So one was told to leave the other alone. Then it happened again, both as bad as each other. I had another complaint, so I pm'd the other who counter-complained. So I asked them both to refrain from insulting the other. It happened again, quite soon after.

Then after a couple more incidents, during a spat, the one that complained asked the other why she had no photographs posted, which is a call for 'outing'. There are many reasons why members should not feel obliged to have photos, not least sexual predation, calling for a member to do so, will not be tolerated. The argument continued off the rails with insults. I issued a warning to both, I also said that they were not to answer each others posts anymore. Meanwhile Kaibeth, a moderator that has my full backing also issued warnings that she would do something if they carried on. Both she and I locked a couple of threads and I removed some posts.

Then a third party got involved in disagreement with one of them and both seemed to get along for a short time.

Then they answered each other's posts on two separate threads, both did it and started the insults again and also I received another complaint from one of them. I pointed out that they should not be answering each other's posts and I had just issued a final warning, when Kaibeth stepped in and banned them for a week. I do support Kaibeth's decision to the hilt though, she is stronger minded than me.

There is good reason for keeping personal attacks off these boards. The rules to be found on the sign-up page, (now also displayed in introductions to remind), are also there with good reason.

Fierce debate is encouraged, disagreement is fine! Personal attack is not. Also, this is not a site where we discuss the colour of our nail polish or what shade our pantyhose is today, (we do encourage fashion, best buys and photographs are welcome if the member is at ease showing them, even of successful nail bar visits!), there are plenty of other sites that encourage flaming or self promoting drivel or both.

Potential members that see personal insults flying around here will feel discouraged from joining us. This is and will be a safe haven for transgender women and men to discuss subjects between ourselves free of insults, outing or sexual advances. Some may be vulnerable. Celia xx

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:26 pm

Ha, ha...is it GMT or CST?

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi Jehanne!

Well, it will be whatever you clicked on when you joined up. I think, if its left unchosen it will be American time, so CST or EST etc But I am unsure on that..... I have mine on GMT which is now 15:22, yours could be showing something quite different though. I may have a look later and let you know. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:36 pm

That makes sense! The developers here already thought of this one; and, good for them.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:56 pm

Coffee time again! Ironing finished, towels changed, washing still going and bath being bleached. Then it's blitz clean up time! So anyway, I took a quick look and I don't know. I am out tomorrow night so I won't be able to unban them early, i.e. GMT midnight. So it might be midnight Americane time, perhaps whatever time zone Kaibeth is in probably, she's Americane so they will probably be able to return, if they wish, close to their own midnight. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:22 pm

Handbags at dawn then? Hopefully not. All a bit a unnecessary. There is an ignore button allows you to avoid the stress of reading the other's contribution. I use it for one person.

Frankly while I am sometimes guilty of getting over excited I tried to avoid it now. That's why my social media presence is limited to here and one other.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down