The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put your life on the line

2 posters

Go down

Put your life on the line Empty Put your life on the line

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:44 pm

and the Federal government will tell you are less than normal if you are trans
WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal appeals court is siding with the Trump administration in a case about the Pentagon’s policy of restricting military service by transgender people.
A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit ruled Friday that a lower-court judge was wrong to block the Pentagon from implementing its preferred policy. The unsigned ruling will not allow the Pentagon to put in place its desired policy, however, because three other judges have entered orders blocking the administration in similar cases.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/appeals-court-sides-with-trump-in-transgender-military-case_us_5c2f7a84e4b0407e908afaaf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Put your life on the line Empty Re: Put your life on the line

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 pm

I support a person's desire to serve 'their' country of course.

But when 'their' country doesn't support their existence, it's mystifying.

It's like a transperson wanting to be Christian, and their faith has no desire to include them in it.
It makes you wonder how the transgender person can insist on being a part of that faith.
Just saying "they too believe" doesn't seem to make the difference, if the rest of the faith doesn't want you regardless.

I served in the Canadian Armed Forces. But it was just a job to me at that time.
If I had been told, and if I had known back then I was transgender, that they didn't want me, I'd have been "fine, don't come asking for me when you 'need' me as well."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down