The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A thread about music, not specific music, just about music

+13
Lenneth
Tara
xfortran
Anna Mull
Jehanne
Angelic
Kaibeth
MichaelaSJ
KariS
Celia Eriksson
Kermit
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lesley Niyori
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A thread about music, not specific music, just about music Empty A thread about music, not specific music, just about music

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat May 26, 2018 1:09 am

Hi all, this is me babbling about music.

I used to like a range of music for a variety of reasons. Some of those reasons make more sense now that I know I was never him, but instead me, a girl.

I've always liked clearly 'girlie' music. Oh, come on you know what I mean by girlie music too. Sappy, romantic lyrics. Lovy dovy stuff. Guys singing about the girls they love, girls singing about the guys they love. Yeah, I'm understandably talking about clearly hetero content here. I'm hetero. I heard some very lesbianish material in the past (usually anime music video material).

I've in recent times become totally obsessed with the seemingly girl empowerment lyrics of the music used in the US version of Precure known as Glitterforce (anime on Netflix).

I'm Celtic too, so yeah, I love listening to Enya and anything with Scottish bagpipes.

And not surprisingly, I have a big fan thing going for Kim Petras.
I'll include a link to her most recent insta hit music video.

I have only one prerequisite for my music. Uplifting, positive, pleasant, cheery.
Take your (c)rap and cram it Smile
Take your depressing country and cram it.
Take almost all of your screaming loud metal and cram it. I SAID CRAM IT! was that loud enough? I make allowances for Baby Metal Smile
No, I don't really care for Christian music. Everyone has limits to their preferences. There's positive, and then there's flaky fan obsessed fawning sycophantic sounding. Praise praise praise him, oh please shut up Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

A thread about music, not specific music, just about music Empty Re: A thread about music, not specific music, just about music

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Sat May 26, 2018 8:44 am

I used to listen to rock and pop from the 60's, 70's, 80's.... And I still like that stuff.

I've kinda gone beyond that now. I still love musicals, and Disney songs.

But I'd rather listen to easy listening, jazz, and a wee bit of classical.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

A thread about music, not specific music, just about music Empty Re: A thread about music, not specific music, just about music

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2018 10:57 am

I'm a heavy metal baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kermit Sun May 27, 2018 6:52 am

Papillon wrote:I'm a heavy metal baby.
The mob rules!
\m/
Kermit
Kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun May 27, 2018 8:33 pm

Well Lesley..... I will cram on this beautiful sound, with one of my favourite singers!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HKCIiBVf-U

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KariS Sun May 27, 2018 8:48 pm

EDM, Alternative, Punk, and Pop

Throw in some random scattering of other influences in music.

On the path to take the z, a, and j out of
Za(Kari)j
KariS
KariS

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon May 28, 2018 1:51 am

I am a child of the '60s, and the '70s and I do remember both decades (despite what the herb says) and my favorite songs are from those decades.

Dylan, S&G, the Airplane, Rose, Buffalo Springfield, Heart just about any of the British Blues guys... the list is endless and makes for a month-long listening list.

I do not understand rap or care for the boys bands... and I am just fine listening to Neil Young and his whiny voice.

I am also very, very keen on Beethoven, Symphonies 1 through 9 and his Lenore Overture. His, the Brahms and Tschaikovsky violin concertos also make my list of music to listen to for solace and enjoyment.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon May 28, 2018 10:32 am

Airplane/Starship are a favourite of mine too, Grace Slick is one of my many heroines. I'm a country girl and love country and folk music. I also like the sixties and early seventies sounds.

I can take a little classical, Bizet's Carmen is a personal favourite.

Can't stand jazz and I really cannot listen to rap, soul, syrupy motown or these funny bass sounds whatever they are, repetitive club or modern music.

Gospel, Ska and reggae I can listen to. Everyone is different. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2018 1:36 pm

@papillon do go on! What are your favourite metal bands?

@celia as far as rap/hiphop go you should check out Aesop Rock. I am generally not a fan of the genre, but he is amazing. Here is a song he wrote about his pet cat (The entire Impossible Kid album is amazing and worth a listen): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T_KKiQiolk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2018 1:53 pm

Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Audioslave, Judas Priest, Atreyu, Metallica.... Ya know, the old faves. Modern HM would be Disturbed, Seether and so on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon May 28, 2018 5:04 pm

Well Sophie, love the cat! But sorry...... just not my cup of tea.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:01 pm

As buzz as a bee! Love this!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:42 pm

I'm playing an open mic tonight with Tim. Does that count?

A thread about music, not specific music, just about music 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:01 am

As I put a reggae song on earlier on Marie's '78 what am I doin' now post, I thought I'd put this on coz it's called Marie! 

I quite like Ska from the early days, I looked up a few I used to shake my liccle bum and dance to, in my bedroom back in my teens. And it's one I loved lots when Dinosaur roamed the Earth!... oh the memories!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvxYcsItSB4

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:57 pm

Well, I may be talking to myself here.... but this is timeless, poignant and beautiful..... and those eyes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LAFqVyd8iY

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:42 am

Not entirely my speed, but it was nice Celia.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:16 am

A nice ballad by an accomplished balladeer.

It somehow reminds me of some of the early ballads by Dylan. 'Rainy Day Women #12 & 35' and 'Tangled Up In Blue' come to mind!

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Well, it's late here now and I've been listening to this over a small glass of wine. It's part of me, when I was young these guys were big in the UK too. This was relevant to me when I was young, not from the late, great RVZs angle....I was more the subject of the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7p2ogicS1U&list=PL9HwFGlucX9yl_6hz3hGRZPKnFfbsu1xD&index=2

And while I just pour myself a very small second glass, Miki!, without getting stoned or anything! Here is something beautiful you may remember from the old music thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehSwoPH9F4

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:22 am

Celia, I feel 6, and yet, sometimes your music selections make me feel ancient Smile

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:12 am

Hi everyone!

Well Lesley, that's coz I like all kinds of good music, not just the stuff pumped out by modern media, relying upon advertising and peer pressure as it's sell point.... so yes, it does not have to be 2018's latest, I know you agree, my sweet friend.

Anyway. I came off nights and slept til 3.30 tis afternoon and then it was my whist drive tonight, so I was in no mood for an early night. It's 1 a.m now and I'm still wide awake. I have just been sniffling, no I have been shedding rivers, to Old Tom, my Mother was born on Primrose day....

Old Tom was an Irish singer of the 70's and 80's. He recanted mostly very sad songs, ya have to listen to the words. Here are a few that only a heartless woman could not cry or feel a little emotion to....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnrox8wLdC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqbd8tVz3z4 ''neath yon Willow, lies my gentle Mother's love'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWfhjSTz_J8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N8wjytwLgI

No..... my Mother is still alive, but she is not well, I will see her tomorrow and take her flowers, I missed out on thirty years and more of her.... I am so glad I have reconciled with her! Now I shall sleep...

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:25 am

There was an episode with my Mother today I'd just settled down around 4.30 when the phone rang, it was her Senior's home, she'd been whisked off to hospital again....

So I drove to the one she was sent to near her home, not mine, and spent a few hours there with her as she underwent another ecg, blood test and xray only for the Dr to confirm what I knew, there was nothing wrong. I spoke to the Dr for quite a while about her and her different problems, mostly caused by constipation and the hot days we are suffering recently. She always seems to think there is something worse wrong with her.

We both agreed, there was little to do, 'Cry wolf' don't apply in our game, especially with elderly and very young the home was quite right, they come in regardless, however inconvenient. Well, just pleased that I knew she was OK, from the very moment I saw her, she told me it was her foot operation that was causing it all!!!!!!

Anyway, I got home and continued watching Anne With An 'E' on Netflix and I heard the strains of a song I had not heard for many years. Yes, it was my beloved Planxty and The Lakes of Pontchartrain that I had recognised it from. A holartic and very old tune, at least 18th century, with many different lyrics, clearly this version is the American one, but their are English, Canadian, French and American variants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2As4LRkZa0&start_radio=1&list=RDa2As4LRkZa0

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:36 am

This is a very sad balled sung by the Irish Group of folksingers Planxty.

The song  The Lakes of Pontchartrain is, according to Wikipedia:
The exact origin of the song is unknown, though it is commonly held to have originated in the southern United States in the 19th century. The liner notes accompanying Planxty's version state that the tune was probably brought back by soldiers fighting for the British or French armies in Louisiana and Canada in the War of 1812. Although the tune might date to that period, the popular lyrics undoubtedly came much later, since they tell of taking a railway train from New Orleans to Jackson Town. This was most likely to be the railway junction town of Jackson, Mississippi (named in honor of General Andrew Jackson), the capital of Mississippi. The line would have been the New Orleans, Jackson and Great Northern Railway—whose line, opened before the Civil War, included a pre-existing local line running north from downtown New Orleans along the shores of Lake Pontchartrain. Most likely, the lyrics date to the Civil War, and the reference to "foreign money" being "no good" could refer to either U.S. or Confederate currency, depending upon who was in control of the area at the time. It should also be noted that thousands of banks, during the civil war, issued their own bank notes, which could be rejected in various towns, depending on how trusted were the issuing bank. Also, the Confederacy and Union issued their own bank notes—as did individual States—leading to a proliferation of currency (notes and coinage) that might not be acceptable in a particular region. The reference to alligators may be a mondegreen, in that alligators are not usually found in the woods but rather near or in water. The reference may be to the native Atakapa tribe who lived in southwestern Louisiana and were, probably incorrectly, said to be cannibals, hence the line in the song, "if it weren't for the alligators/Atakapans, I'd sleep out in the woods."
The traditional tune is a version of that also commonly used for the folk song Lily of the West.
Can't let you take everything back!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:13 pm

Story of my life....

Yes naturally, me being me I have actually managed to do this, much to my shame.

I think Bonnie Tyler is amazing, I'm more like her than this lady, but wish I was more gutsy like this one was/is in their real lives too, even though I am probably more like Suzi....

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:39 pm

Just to have solidarity for the true left in the UK against the Corbynista fascists and the TERFS rife in his midst, let's have this great song. Love this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHjy-r3DFc

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next