The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benefits of my article are coming in...

2 posters

Go down

Benefits of my article are coming in... Empty Benefits of my article are coming in...

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:53 pm

It's ALWAYS scary when we do anything overtly visible, regardless of how out you are and for how long you have been out.

But, I've made three new Facebook friends since my article, and they are also locals.
So today, I have one additional person that might be in my routinely daily experience now.

A young person, a bit older than my son, non-binary afab (had to ask what that one meant hehe).

You will never really totally enjoy coming out in most cases, but, the thing to remember, is you likely will never find the good things from coming out until you do.

I'm always here to offer words of encouragement to any trying to decide if it's time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Benefits of my article are coming in... Empty Re: Benefits of my article are coming in...

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:03 pm

https://www.mykawartha.com/community-story/8652498-lindsay-woman-shares-transgender-journey/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Benefits of my article are coming in... Empty Re: Benefits of my article are coming in...

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Well, it's a lengthy process.

First, you come out as transgender, then lots of shrinks and other nonsense, hormone therapy in some cases possibly medical transition options (not required though).

Then you untangle your life from the illusion, and you become your authentic self regardless of what anyone has to say about it.

If the mirror pisses you off, you tell it to piss off until it gets the message. It takes a while for some mirrors, but they eventually get the message.

The tricky part involves finding supportive people. And then it's like fishing, you wait for a bite. It's nearly impossible for the scum bags to resist biting. But they inevitably do. Even in nice small towns like mine.

Then, a friend weighs in on the offender and lays into them. They write a serious letter to a local publication demanding satisfaction against the offending scum bag.
It's common for reporters to seek out easy articles that are win-win. They write a great article about your ill-treatment. They look good for coming to your defence. You get to gain notoriety. The scum bag is revealed to be a scum bag. Generally, people are nice in most places. There are of course places where the norm is in favour of scum bags.

Living around a lot of scum bags willingly though is like living on a floodplain or beside a volcano. I don't suggest it, and if you refuse to move, well, you made that choice knowingly.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down