The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stunned and Steaming

4 posters

Go down

Stunned and Steaming Empty Stunned and Steaming

Post  Tara Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Our organization's acting director, who will be retiring in the fall, brought the newly on-boarding assistant director around this morning to meet everyone.

Mr Acting introduced Mr Assistant to me, and proceeded to use masculine pronouns to refer to me. This despite the fact that I am dressed en femme, with a shirt that is form fitting enough to show the shape of my small but definitely present breasts, with light makeup, and my hair is pinned back. I tried to correct him once, and it flew past him. He eventually picked up that I was glaring at him, but thought I was disagreeing with him about some of my past experience. At least he didn't dead name me.

I didn't make a scene, but, after they left the area, I had to go outside and walk around and calm down. I'm still not feeling happy. So you all get to see a bit more venting.

Mad Sad Rolling Eyes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Stunned and Steaming Empty Re: Stunned and Steaming

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:16 pm

He's going which is I guess a good thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:He's going which is I guess a good thing.

True on the one hand. On the other hand, he's already put in the new assistant's mind that I am a 'he', and I now have to retrain him. At least I won't be trying to undo years of habit, as I am with some of the folks here.

Rolling Eyes

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:00 am

Tara wrote:

True on the one hand. On the other hand, he's already put in the new assistant's mind that I am a 'he', and I now have to retrain him. At least I won't be trying to undo years of habit, as I am with some of the folks here.

Rolling Eyes

Make it clear you are not to be addressed as 'he' and if he wants to have a pleasant experience he will get it right or experience something other than pleasant.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:33 am

Tara wrote:

Rolling Eyes

You'll find the going easy with him, I reckon. Some months ago we hired someone new, and he is the only person who treats me as a she, for precisely the fact that there is no prior conception of who I am.

Dont let that doddering bastard upset you, his innings is over and he's out for a duck! Celebration time!

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:36 am

Tara, you need to protect yourself, your identity. If you don't start with this group, Actors, who tend towards progressive thinking, you will not do it anytime soon and it will continue to drive you crazy.

Just stand and say who you are!

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Angelic wrote:
Your picture is a powerpuff girl a show about fighting and meleeing powerpuff women.

Laughing Touché ! (and I have taken a sabre fencing class)

But it's mostly the geeky side of power, not the violent side, that led me to that avatar.

MichaelaSJ wrote:
Tara, you need to protect yourself, your identity. If you don't start with this group, Actors, who tend towards progressive thinking, you will not do it anytime soon and it will continue to drive you crazy.

Just stand and say who you are!

I am woman! Hear me roar!

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Tara wrote:I am woman! Hear me roar!

Good for you hun! Geekness is better than aggression, any day!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:14 pm

That works best when shouted from the street corner, on the biggest soap box you can find.

It doesn't work well if shouted at your front door while standing in your living room.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:07 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:
That works best when shouted from the street corner, on the biggest soap box you can find.

It doesn't work well if shouted at your front door while standing in your living room.

Darn! Laughing

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:02 am

MichaelaSJ That works best when shouted from the street corner, on the biggest soap box you can find. wrote:

Well, what if I lived in a house right cosy with a busy street corner..... erm, with the door open..... and.... erm….. I had one of those conical thingybobs that make your voice sound really, really loud... and erm….. I was standing on a soap box...… in my living room..... with the living room door open too.... and then yelled very, very loudly at my front door......

That would work then!!!!!! 

Embarassed I'll get my hat and coat......

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:09 am

MOD NOTE: I split off the derail about violence to its own thread.

Sorry, Tara, we'll try and behave.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:16 pm

NO Exclamation
Treat every corner as a 'Speaker's Corner' like the one in Hyde Park.

Stunned and Steaming 23m4qwk

Yelling loudly through your front door simply channels your voice to your neighbor across the street.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:00 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:NO Exclamation
Treat every corner as a 'Speaker's Corner' like the one in Hyde Park.

Stunned and Steaming 23m4qwk

Yelling loudly through your front door simply channels your voice to your neighbor across the street.

Ok..... oh dear..... I think my sitting at home shouting out of a living room on a busy street corner thing is a bitsy bit better than any old street corner thingy you said!!!!!...

Stunned and Steaming Streetcornergif

BTW. I think I've found the phantom post changer..... it's me when I hit the wrong button and backyspaced, thinking I was backyspacing on my post!!!!!!!!!!! I accidentally kinda erased part of your post and marmalised it when I mishit it, coz somehow, I have the power to edit all posts..... sorry Miki! Oh, just noticed there is an edit button on all of them!!!! I'll be extry careful now....

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:28 am

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Exclamation

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:39 pm

12:38:36  29.06.2018…..Celia Eriksson is hiding under her desk and is unavailable for comment...

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:28 am

Well, you have to come out sometime, my dear. I have my two water pistols at the ready - squirt, squirt Exclamation

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:00 pm

Papillon wrote:
Sorry, Tara, we'll try and behave.

But behave how? Badly? Laughing

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum