The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The last mile in weight loss.

4 posters

Go down

The last mile in weight loss. Empty The last mile in weight loss.

Post  Jehanne Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:18 pm

Stuck at 170 lbs for the last 2 months, down from an all-time high of 280 from just 2 years ago.  Still, I would like to hit a BMI of 22 (164-165); any advice?

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

The last mile in weight loss. Empty Re: The last mile in weight loss.

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi Jehanne!

First and foremost, have you cut out refined sugars completely? That is probably the most important of all things regarding diet, I never eat anything sugary, but of course do have intake through juices and fruit etc. Secondly, never, ever, snack between meals and the most heinous crime is to snack in the evening! Your body will not be able to burn off anything eaten a few hours before beddybyes!

There are many diets around and when you get to the stage where you cannot lose anymore it is time to look when you are eating. It is the hardest thing to do regarding diet, changing habit of eating at set times.

Breakfast is the time to fill up, coz you have all day to lose what you have eaten. Porridge, with fruit, a pot of tea herbal or otherwise and a large glass of milk is a great start and you can change the fruit so it does not become mundane. Also have a glass of prune juice to help keep you regular. It seems like a lot of fluid, but that will help the hunger pangs that will come within five hours or less. Skipping breakfast will have the opposite effect to dieting, for you will want to eat more.

Now if you are on a day where you have woken early, then it is hard to skip lunch. So it should be viewed as a top up only, maybe rye crackers topped with cheese, ham with tomato and lettuce will stave off the hunger. But, if you have waken later than usual, try to skip lunch! Yes, skip it! Drink coffee, tea or water and a glass of milk instead.

Well, the reason you should never snack in the evening is that you need to eat your evening meal ideally around five hours before bed, or as long as possible before retiring, it should anyway, be the very last thing you eat. Here you ideally want to eat what you like the most, something you enjoy eating. But, you should only eat until you do not feel hungry anymore, that is very important.

Finally the way you eat is important and again one of the hardest things to change. Never bolt your food, you need to take time over eating. Chew everything, savour every bite by doing so. Do not bolt your food, it will remain in your body longer, break down slower before being vented.

Eat well, balancing a diet is obvious so I think it's unnecessary to mention that part. Diets are readily available at the click of a mouse. How to modify your eating habits is harder to do than simply changing the foods you eat, but will help you a lot! I hope I've helped a little. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:01 pm

The bestest and the one diet that always works, regardless of what you eat, is to simply eat less.

At my heaviest, #212, I decided that was too much and I simply stopped eating half of what I was eating before. I cannot exercise because of my COPD/CAD so eating half was the only viable alternative. I got down to my current #160 and at 5'10" my BMI is 23.0.

I once got to #142, but that was WAY TOO THIN and I got there because my depression caused me to essentially stop eating - DON'T DO THAT.

Just eat less - it works!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:15 pm

Just checked mine, 5'5" and 8 stone six pounds(118 ibs) ATM.

My BMI is 19.6. Never really been much different, because I am always between 114 to 120 lbs. According to the BMI checker I can go to 7 stone 13 ibs and still be healthy.....

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Yes, I have cut out all of the sugars; in fact, switching to diet pop (soda) resulted in the biggest weight drop for me, 6 lbs in one week in fact!  Still, it is, for me, the lesser of two evils; on the one hand, I love to eat!  On the other, there are some short-term and medium term "consequences" later on, and plus, I start to get fat.  I am trying to "fool" my body into not thinking that I am hungry, such as drinking a large amount of water before a meal.

Thanks, though, for all of your wonderful advice!  You've given me some ideas!!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:46 am

When I switched from regular soda to diet, averaging two a day, I estimate I lost 10 lbs overall. I ended up cutting soda out completely about 10 years ago, minus a rum and coke or a Jarritos and a Mexican restaurant.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:51 am

I've lost weight by eating more veggies, if I'm eating a can of Amy's spicy low sodium chili I'll mix in a can of no salt added green beans. I knew I was having fast food tonight so I had a cucumber and mushrooms at work before I left work and I just had a chicken sandwich and 1 scoop scoop Turtle sundae at Culver's. The old me are they got a burger fries and ice cream. The killer for me is I took a second job about two years ago at an Italian restaurant and any mistakes or food or tossing we can eat or take-home. My downstairs neighbor bought it from you since they took him grocery shopping, he's in obese guy that watches my dog. Wish me luck I'm about to go down there right now and it's all all I can eat or drink.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:54 am

I should make it a point to read my posts before when I use a voice command.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:28 pm

Michi wrote:I've lost weight by eating more veggies, if I'm eating a can of Amy's spicy low sodium  chili I'll mix in a can of no salt added green beans. I knew I was having fast food tonight so I had a cucumber and mushrooms at work before I left work and I just had a chicken sandwich and 1 scoop scoop Turtle sundae at Culver's. The old me are they got a burger fries and ice cream.  The killer for me is I took a second job about two years ago at an Italian restaurant and any mistakes or food or tossing we can eat or take-home. My downstairs neighbor bought it from you since they took him grocery shopping, he's in obese guy that watches my dog. Wish me luck I'm about to go down there right now and it's all all I can eat or drink.

You're a very special person if you could work in a restaurant and stay thin! I couldn't!!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down