The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two sides of greatness

2 posters

Go down

Two sides of greatness Empty Two sides of greatness

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:35 am

I just spent a wonderful Sunday evening watching a PBS station air two separate American Masters programs, Carole King and Janis Joplin.

Carole King, still alive after all these years grew up slowly, surely into a force of what may be the most brilliant singer/songwriter/mother/woman EVER! Carole was brought up in Manhattan, NY to a family whose mother was a teacher and a songwriter, her growing up was - happy. She learned the piano starting at age 4, conducted an orchestra at 15 and, and, and, everything just happened after that.

Janis Joplin, born the year after King was the ugly duckling who never became the swan, except when she was on stage - and when she was on stage, she captured her world and my world and everyone else's world who was there in their 20s in the sixties.

Brilliant - both. Happy, creative, alive - Carole King. Sad, lost, dead - Janis Joplin.

If you have a chance, find the American Master programs and spend an evening happy with Carole King and her music and her life's success. Unfortunately, the PBS station ran Janis Joplin's life after Carole King's. Make sure you watch Joplin first as you will be left with a hole in your soul, that can easily be filled with Carole King's story and success.

Janis Joplin was 27 when she offed herself (some say by accident with a hot heroin shot), the same age a Jimi Hendrix and the same age as Pigpen (Grateful Dead keyboard) and Jim Morrison and Amy Winehouse and too many others. Of course 27 is statistical insignificant but why 27.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Two sides of greatness Empty Re: Two sides of greatness

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:25 am

Hi Miki!!!!

Are they on Netflix? I will have a look. You know I think JJ was brilliant, never really got into King, I will have a look and listen, coz tbh I don't think I have heard much of her stuff. Anyway, you are my hero coz you met her, even though she was face down in a bowl of pasta!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Search for 'Janis: Little Girl Blue'. It pops up in a search on Netflix but the search goes no where.

If you have Amazon Prime, it is available there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:22 pm

Hi Miki!!!

Not there on netflix Crying or Very sad Will have a look at yt, hold on..... oh it costs 2.49.... may watch it one day soon. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down