The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kamala Harris

3 posters

Go down

Kamala Harris Empty Kamala Harris

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:00 am

Kamala Harris announced today as a POTUS candidate for 2020.

I like her and will vote for her BUT, she is too early by two or three cycles. She is only 54 and given the likely age of the candidates being in their 70s she is a baby.

There are two other Democratic women already in the running (by a week or so). Elizabeth Warren is Bernie Sanders in drag - much too progressive to go anywhere and should stay in the Senate where she will be very effective against the banks and financial thieves.

Kirsten Gillibrand is also in the Senate but, I think she has a weak chin when it comes to gutter politics and she has made some early career blunders that will be exploited by Trump.

Harris on the other hand is from San Francisco, CA (my backyard) and is one tough bitch. She did a great job as District Attorney for San Francisco and when she won as California's Attorney General 8 years ago I said to Dianne - watch her, she will be our POTUS someday.

Just not now. I say this because she is a woman and a black woman and Trump will raise up every bigot he can find to vote against this uppity black leftist liberal from crazy California.

If Trump somehow is not a candidate (impeachment, boredom, scared and running) not on the ticket in 2020, then Kamala would have a chance. But I still think it will be too early for her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Kamala Harris Empty Re: Kamala Harris

Post  Tara Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:11 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:I like her and will vote for her BUT, she is too early by two or three cycles. She is only 54 and given the likely age of the candidates being in their 70s she is a baby.

Maybe. But I think that sometimes (most times?), the first run for president is less about getting elected than about getting name recognition outside of her home state. This means that her real shot at election is likely to be in 2024 or 2028.

What bothers me about Ms Harris, though, is the statements I have read that, as AG, she opposed independent investigations of police malfeasance. I don't know the whole story, having left California long before she took office, but it does concern me enough that I will dig a bit more into the matter to decide if there is substance there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Well, I would hope that she would put up a good fight against Trump. She seems clean and I'd not be surprised if she beat him. Age is a thing, but Booker is 49 and Gillibrands is 51. Pocohontas…. (only joking)..... EW is 69, well that is a little old I'd reckon! Sanders, 77 is also too old and too left wing.

I hope she gets the nomination! (Sorry Tara, we seem to have posted at the same time....) Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:22 pm

No worries, Celia.

I was just noticing that as many as 22 Democrats have announced their candidacy, or are considering doing such.

That's a lot, but then it occurs to me that perhaps that's an intentional party policy to keep the current occupant of the White House confused. If he's so busy making up childish nicknames and tweeting about all of them, he won't have time for any other stupidity. Laughing

Sadly, I fear he has enough stupidity to spread around.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down