The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

medical tests.

3 posters

Go down

medical tests.  Empty medical tests.

Post  Abby Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:21 pm

I have suffered from chronic pain in the groin region for about 9 years. Got seen by consultant years ago and the treatment was working and prostate biopsy and camera view was fine. But the pain is coming back abit and as things have kinda changed alot since then I asked to be referred back. Before they do so I need a ultrasound. got the appointment though today, and need to rearrange it as I have to work on that day and unable to change the date as I am booked to give a safety lecture. I think its going to be interesting call as they have my gender marker wrong which is strange as my NHS number has been changed to a new one with a female code on it. hopefully the people will understand but I am a little worried about the waiting room on the day.
It will be interesting if they can change the treatment to something better as constant testical pain drivese nuts so to speak. It is one of the pros on my list for GCS!
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

medical tests.  Empty Re: medical tests.

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Question: How do you confuse a Gynecological nurse?

Answer: Request a PSA test for the woman in the waiting room who last year saw a Urologist.

Men and women have busy anatomies in the groin area. I suggest you stay on top of this until the reason is found (duh!) not simply to find out the reason for your pain but because you don't want to start a wildfire that will be hard to put out.

Good luck!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:25 pm

I am sure you are aware of this but GCS while great for cleaning things up down there and putting things right doesn't fix prostrate issues and of course comes with new girl issues. So if is the prostrate I would for sure try and get an all clear there before GCS complicates things. The last thing you want is to have your surgery cancelled because of that annoying thing.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:43 pm

Question for the girls here who have had GCS. I know that in almost every case the prostate is retained. But is the inguinal canal cleaned out when the surgeon performs the orchiectomy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:00 pm

Not mentioned in the medical texts I have, but we should have a surgeon coming to a support group in a few months and I can ask there.
It does need sorting, it has been livable but it does get uncomfortable every so often.

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down