The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Anybody out there?

+4
Kaibeth
Lesley Niyori
MichaelaSJ
Celia Eriksson
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hello Anybody out there?  Empty Hello Anybody out there?

Post  Guest Thu May 02, 2019 6:00 pm

Gone quiet here last few days.

Back to top Go down

Hello Anybody out there?  Empty Re: Hello Anybody out there?

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu May 02, 2019 6:49 pm

Sorry, I've been on shift and have been quite shattered these last couple of days and still have nights to go, so I've not been here for a little while. I'll have a look again tomorrow after a good night's sleep, I'm on a couple of nights as of tomorrow and then I'm off for six, so I'll be around again. Can't speak for why the others are not here though!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu May 02, 2019 6:53 pm

Damn, Marie, I was about to ask the same thing.

I am happy the news is quiet (except in the U.S. political scene) and no one here is from Venezuela.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 02, 2019 7:48 pm

I kinda guessed Celia, you were on shift. Been there done that. When I worked nights there were times I never saw daylight. Go to work, 12 hours later, go home, sleep, wake up in the dark, eat, go to work, rinse repeat.
Glad that's behind me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu May 02, 2019 8:25 pm

I am AAAALLWAYS here Smile

It's been Saturday since 94. I have nothing that demands of my time much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 02, 2019 9:07 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:I  am AAAALLWAYS here Smile

It's been Saturday since 94. I have nothing that demands of my time much.
Great comment, I wish I could say the same. I haven't had a proper job since 2008 but two boys and a lot of housework takes a lot of my time.

I'm guilty as anyone. I half thought of posting my pleasant morning sitting in the car overlooking the bay. But who wants to hear of my nice times when most of you work hard for a living like I used to do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri May 03, 2019 8:52 am

Yeah, back in 94, life told me to fuck off essentially. Told me it couldn't care less about my woodworking business. Told me I could be a housewife if I wanted. Back then, well my previous self wasn't too amused with being a housewife.

Maybe I'd have been more content if I'd been aware I actually AM a woman. But that realization decided to wait 15 or so years first. I wonder if the wife would have been more receptive in 94 to me being me. I'll never know that of course. The past, it's ok for filling history books, but not much good for anything else.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Fri May 03, 2019 10:50 am

The Badger lurks.

Hello Anybody out there?  39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Fri May 03, 2019 2:28 pm

Estoy aquí. Just savouring the fact that I've not been addressed with masculine titles or pronouns in many weeks (except by a couple of people who knew me many years before I started transitioning, and who are slow on the up-take; I ignore them).

Have some Bob Dylan music: Forever Young.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri May 03, 2019 5:20 pm

Love Dylan, thanks Tara, my favourite is this one....

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Fri May 03, 2019 7:05 pm

I love you

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 03, 2019 7:43 pm

Who doesn't love Dylan.

Then there's Van, always reduces me to tears.

https://youtu.be/UFF1wJN75Z0

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH Fri May 03, 2019 9:30 pm

I have been feeling more like this for a couple of months. That's my excuse.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat May 04, 2019 7:55 am

I had Dylan's first 6 albums when I was shipboard in '66, but of course, Dylan was one of them hippies, so somebody broke each one out of spite.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat May 04, 2019 8:03 am

Hi Miki!!!

Just mucking about with my avator before beddy byes!!!! Well, the early years were best, got a bit strange later on and certainly did not like the electric stuff.

Night, Night, or should I say Morning, Morning!!!!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun May 05, 2019 5:30 pm

You don't need to muck around with your avatar any longer - it is very fine the way it is.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Tue May 07, 2019 1:41 am

I have been otherwise spoken for. It's Boise Music Week and my music educator wife (retired) is the volunteer coordinator. Guess who's filling unexpected/unfillable holes. I think I'm finished with it. Last night I was a parking mistress.

Spring has finally decided to stick around and after a frost last Wed which wiped out my walnut blossoms, we are headed for the low 80's this week. Dammit, that was going to be a nice walnut crop. Still weeding, trimming, mowing pruning and now waking up the pump and lawn sprinkler system.

Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue May 07, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi Elizabeth!!!

Nice to hear from you. Low 80's!!!! Wow, that is amazing, I feel too hot here just now coz the sun was out today as I went shopping with my Mother and the car got too warm inside, I really should get the AC repaired! It officially is only 57 but feels much warmer!!!! I love walnuts, they are the perfect snack and are very healthy!! See ya round, Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Early teens here at moment, Celsius but only last week it was up to 20. It's the wind direction really from the cold north at the moment. Before that it was coming from the south. In fact one morning recently I came out to find the car covered in fine Saharan sand. It's kind of spooky to think it came all that way to Ireland from North Africa.

As for the gardening I leave that to a cheerful English chap who comes twice a month. My wife wants rid of him but I just reminded her of the jungle he cleared away originally. Worth every cent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Wed May 08, 2019 6:00 pm

mariehart1 wrote:Early teens here at moment, Celsius but only last week it was up to 20. It's the wind direction really from the cold north at the moment. Before that it was coming from the south. In fact one morning recently I came out to find the car covered in fine Saharan sand. It's kind of spooky to think it came all that way to Ireland from North Africa.

As for the gardening I leave that to a cheerful English chap who comes twice a month. My wife wants rid of him but I just reminded her of the jungle he cleared away originally. Worth every cent.

I lived on the Greek island of Crete for two years while in the USAF. In the winter the wind comes from the north out of the Caucasus or Ural Mountains, blows across miles of the Med and hits Crete with a cold wet blast all winter long. In the spring, the wind reverses direction and blows from the south out of the Sahara. As it hits the south side of the island, climbs up and over the central spine of Crete, it looses speed and drops Saharan sand on the north of the island. The sand and dust gets into/onto everything and stays there till the rains return in the fall. Weather is such fun!

Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed May 08, 2019 10:22 pm

My Son went to a technical school in Phoenix, AZ in the mid-80s. During what they call their monsoon season occasionally a weather phenomenon called a Haboob would occur. The day would turn completely dark and the dust from the Haboob would coat everything within his less than weather tight apartment.
Hello Anybody out there?  HaboobGilbertAZ

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 pm

The dust also makes for spectacular sunsets. Generally out here in the west of Ireland we have what some of the cleanest air in Europe. But when the wind is right all the pollution from the the continent arrives. But as that usually coincides with warm weather we don't mind too much.

Michael's tale reminds me of a small scale scale haboob I experienced once. Behind our house an area was laid out for a park and sports ground, all the vegetation was removed. But before it was replanted a dry spell arrived and it turned into a mini Oklahoma dust bowl. There were dust devils and mini sandstorms every day. Needless to say all the housewives in the area were very annoyed. You couldn't put clothes out to dry and the dust got everywhere. Of course being Ireland it soon rained and became a mud bath of epic proportions.

An environmental disaster. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu May 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Here in Lindsay 'pollution' comes in the form of wonderful odours generated from farmers who seem to be incapable of employing liquid pig manure and not sharing it with the entire region.

Nothing like a day off of school because of smell. My high school was on the east edge of town. Not normally the wrong direction for wind, but, the wind doesn't always come from the west eh.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Thu May 09, 2019 2:09 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:
Nothing like a day off of school because of smell. My high school was on the east edge of town. Not normally the wrong direction for wind, but, the wind doesn't always come from the west eh.

And here in semi-rural Maryland, we are surrounded by dairy farms. On days when the farmers spread manure on their pastures, it can smell like shit, quite literally. I've suggested our town's slogan should be 'Come smell our dairy air'.

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu May 09, 2019 3:03 pm

"Come smell our dairy air"

Oh, that's precious Tara Smile

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum