The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Anybody out there?

+4
Kaibeth
Lesley Niyori
MichaelaSJ
Celia Eriksson
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hello Anybody out there?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Anybody out there?

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu May 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Yes, that is quite a quote!!! Here, being surrounded by reservoirs, what Americans call levees and having a good sense of smell, (I can actually smell rain in the air before it comes), it smells very watery round here!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu May 09, 2019 5:10 pm

When I was buying land in the Central Valley of California, I would often visit dairies where the owner was tired of getting up at 4:30 AM to milk the cows.

WOW! Did those places smell of methane!  A lot of the dairy farmers would collect the cow dung into long piles and put a plastic tarp over the dung to collect the methane and then use the methane to produce electricity for the farm.

The thing that most people not in the business don't know is that the cows when they die, are put into a large burial pit and left to decompose. What the farmers don't realize is the cleanup of these pits that are sometimes as deep as 20' and cover nearly an acre (if the farm is generations old) would cost the developer almost half the cost of the farm to clean up the hazardous waste.

Dairy is not a very clean business, and yes:"Come smell our dairy air"
pale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Ah, muckspreading. I remember it well. Despite being a city kid we were close enough to farms to get the full country experience every now and then. Not only the smell but I even woke one morning to find cows in the back garden.

In later years compensation awaited. On certain mornings with a light wind from the west a delicious baking smell was everywhere. Turned out to be a biscuit/cookie factory several miles away. Delicious!

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Thu May 09, 2019 6:33 pm

Hello Anybody out there?  - Page 2 Cow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Thu May 09, 2019 6:34 pm

When I was young, my grandparents ran a dairy, so I've seen and smelt it all very up close and personal!

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 09, 2019 8:09 pm

Strange I couldn't read the latest posts without posting something. Must be a glitch in the matrix.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri May 10, 2019 12:11 am

Cattle scare me..... many, many years ago, (and I mean many), I walked the Meon Valley, that's Owlesbury through West and East Meon and beyond with someone I quite liked. Now camping is not my thing at all and that pack was heavy even though he carried the tent, (his), and most of my stuff as well. Even so it was 40 miles in four days, an entire Easter weekend. It put me off long walks for life. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a nice walk and 8 miles is fine, just one day's worth, every month or so.

Apart from getting quite lost a couple of times we took a short cut across a field of cattle and somewhere in the middle I managed to get surrounded well ok not surrounded but taken quite an interest in, by several Cow, I guess humans = fodder..... I was petrified and my companion told me to stop panicking else I'd panic the Cow. He calmly walked me out of it, but I will never forget that and will not take to a field full of cattle ever again. I've never been camping since either, as much as I love the great outdoors... let's say I don't like the necessary amenities and the only other time, a previous foray into it ended in every item of my clothing getting soaked and quite smelly as well!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri May 10, 2019 12:53 am

I even woke one morning to find cows in the back garden.
When I built my first house as a merchant homebuilder, I showed up at my jobsite one morning to find five cows wandering around the bare framed walls of the house. It took some finagling to get those 1,000-pound monsters out of my project.

It seems that in the late 1800s, New York City went from a population of 60,000 to over 3.5 million. Everything was being pulled around town by horse and cart. The horse poop became a major problem and it was estimated that over 20,000 citizens died of fly-borne diseases.

The horse poop would gather in the streets up to a couple of feet and they would have to use vacant lots and pile the poop upwards of 60 feet. The car solved the problem with Ford selling Model Ts for less than $500.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 10, 2019 5:13 pm

You're right to be nervous around cows Celia particularly if there's a calf around. They can and have killed people. But mostly it's just curiousity. I too tried to cross a field with cows in it. I just couldn't get past them. It was hilarious. The Farmer who owned them told me how he had two fairly peaceable bulls. One day he entered the field and they both charged him. He cleared a hedge in a way any Grand National winner would be proud. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri May 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Oh Marie!

It was the size of them and as I remember snorting and wing all looking at me with those eyes. Anyway, I'll never do it again...…

I remember reading a similar story about London, Miki. The zenith was 1902 for horses in London and the dung was collected and sent to the countryside and it was also used by tanners but it was a major operation for street cleaners who did not clear it all every day of course! Horse make lots of urine toowhich was another health risk. In 1894 the Times predicted that “In 50 years, every street in London will be buried under nine feet of manure.” By the start of the Great War it had been resolved by the combustion engine, pretty well the same technology used today.... and now that is, of course, a new problem!!!!

Hello Anybody out there?  - Page 2 Manure

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Fri May 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:By the start of the Great War it had been resolved by the combustion engine, pretty well the same technology used today.... and now that is, of course, a new problem!!!!

Plainly the solution is electric horses!

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri May 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Electric Horsey, yay! what a great idea!!!!

Hello Anybody out there?  - Page 2 Electric-horsey

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 10, 2019 11:37 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Oh Marie!

It was the size of them and as I remember snorting and wing all looking at me with those eyes. Anyway, I'll never do it again...…

I remember reading a similar story about London, Miki. The zenith was 1902 for horses in London and the dung was collected and sent to the countryside and it was also used by tanners but it was a major operation for street cleaners who did not clear it all every day of course! Horse make lots of urine toowhich was another health risk. In 1894 the Times predicted that “In 50 years, every street in London will be buried under nine feet of manure.” By the start of the Great War it had been resolved by the combustion engine, pretty well the same technology used today.... and now that is, of course, a new problem!!!!

Hello Anybody out there?  - Page 2 Manure

I think it was Victoria Station but in recent years perhaps the eighties /nineties they analysed the residues under a ramp in the station and found horse urine filtering through. Its almost poignant, long dead horse cabs leaving their mark a century later.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri May 10, 2019 11:54 pm

... and the perfect rider for an electric horse:

Hello Anybody out there?  - Page 2 The+Electric+Horseman+3

From the movie the Electric Hoseman.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat May 11, 2019 12:09 am

Well that electrically kinda charged horseman.... or hoseman as Miki states…. can take me on a ride anytime.... just kinda dreamin'.... he'd have to keep his shirt on though. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat May 11, 2019 1:52 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:.... or hoseman as Miki states….
Enough, already.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 12, 2019 12:32 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Well that electrically kinda charged  horseman.... or hoseman as Miki states…. can take me on a ride anytime.... just kinda dreamin'.... he'd have to keep his shirt on though.  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed

Celia xx
Bad girl Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH Mon May 13, 2019 6:50 am

Oh what has this thread become? How about e make it worse...

I will take a hard pass on the cowboy electrified or not, he can keep it all on and just go right back to whatever place he came from. I prefer a gentler sort or barring that battery powered fun.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Mon May 13, 2019 2:22 pm

CarolynAH wrote:Oh what has this thread become? How about e make it worse...

I will take a hard pass on the cowboy electrified or not, he can keep it all on and just go right back to whatever place he came from. I prefer a gentler sort or barring that battery powered fun.

An electric cowgirl, then?

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon May 13, 2019 3:11 pm

A search for an electric cowgirl shows up electrical equipment from the days of yore, so this pic is as close as it got...… they should make that blouse compulsory for cis women, to detonate upon proximity to men..... thus leaving me with the pick of the crop!!!! Though it would mean...

Hello Anybody out there?  - Page 2 Cowgirl

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Mon May 13, 2019 5:42 pm

There are underwire bras, and then there are electrical wire bras.

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Hello Anybody out there?  - Page 2 Empty Follow Me now

Post  sugarmummyapp Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:19 am

Posts deleted and edited by admin: 2

Reason: Breach of site rules broken in both posts.

Any further breach will result in a ban.

sugarmummyapp

https://sugarmummyapp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum