The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wearing a masculine jacket

+5
Celia Eriksson
Lesley Niyori
CarolynAH
MichaelaSJ
Abby
9 posters

Go down

wearing a masculine jacket Empty wearing a masculine jacket

Post  Abby Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:41 pm

So I have custom-made Indiana Jones jacket (raiders) (I have long arms to body ratio which means most coats don't fit well) which I love and adore from the time when I was trying to be as manly as possible. Trouble is I love this jacket love to wear it again but it really emphasizes the shoulder and just screams bloke which is not the best way to pass. So does anyone have any ideas on wearing a masculine jacket in a feminine way?

Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

wearing a masculine jacket Empty Re: wearing a masculine jacket

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:37 pm

I think what matters is what you wear underneath the jacket. Make the jacket an accessory. Many women wear masculine jackets - sports teams, motorcycle style jackets.

wearing a masculine jacket 719

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:45 pm

I agree it's entirely possible with the right outfit and hairstyle depending on your body.my experience is that you have wear things that highlight your figure as much as possible. Unfortunately unless you are pairing it with a skirt, dress, or have obviously femme hair and movement, large male jackets from behind are always going to look inferior to a properly fitted one on you. I gave up on my leather bomber as I looked like a child in it and lack the breasts to not loose them in the amorphous shape.

CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:31 am

Same here, I had an awesome black bomber leather jacket I loved. Wore it for many years.

Looks utterly and unrelentingly masculine. I'd look like a guy in a dress or skirt with it on.

I gave it to a transgender man in need of a free offering of a nice item outside the usual price range. It was expensive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:03 am

I am broad, so main worry is the shoulders. I think I will just have to save up and get a new coat. I do miss the leather. Saying that I do wear my vintage style biker jacket (had it for 26years!) Which I use for gardening, and other rough work. But it does look very manly and werid with short shorts! (Neighbors are used to me doing odd stuff in the garden!)

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:20 pm

I only have one, it's a very old leather jacket somewhere packed away in a cover in one of my wardrobes, I have owned it from the age of 14 and is the only vestige of my old self. I can still wear it though I never do, it is quality, the make escapes me now though. I will have to find it first!!! Actually, just realised, I have a Led Zeppelin t-shirt somewhere too, that must be from around 78-80, it's when they played a laser show, the first in England btw, somewhere, maybe Knebworth or Reading... I used to wear that a lot back in the day, could be worth a few pounds?

Shoulders are a bugbear for many but can be hidden by earing stuff with curve from shoulder to hip. Be used to having them dropped and not having them up soldierlike, if you know what I mean.

I've put on a little, I was 8st. 12 lbs yesterday morning, I'm usually 8stone 8 pounds to 8 stone 10 pounds!!!! I put it down to the pistachio nut, I have been snacking on them recently watching the World Cup, I had a whole packet a few nights ago! And a little muffin is apparent. The right jacket or coats are handy to hide a little tum, but it's a little warm for a them atm..... I have a few gilet's that I am wearing zipped up to hide it, but it's still a little warm for them too. I need to stop snacking and do more exercises!!!

Celia xx

Last edited by Celia Eriksson on Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:34 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : making it clearer!!!! oh keep messing it up!!!!)

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:53 pm

4 stone of pistachio nuts is a lot of nuts Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:22 pm

No, no, no Miki!!!! I weighed myself and was 8 stone 12 pounds!!!! I missed the 'lbs' bit!!!! I was a bit lazy daisy with the post coz I failed to say I am usually about 8 st. 8 lbs to 8 st 10 ilbs!!!!! I did not jump up to 12 stone!!!!! But I did put on two pounds!!!

Anyway, all I had today was a cheesey and tomatio sandwich at the hospital with my Mother, she had an ultrasound thing today, and some Chikeny Soup and two slices of bread tonight! Starving myself for a few days.

Pistachios will be banned for the time being, even during the England game tomorrow night!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:27 pm

Probably just fluid retention, rather than pistachio retention! I am working on making my backside bigger to compensate for the shoulders. The only problem is my legs are skinny so what fits my arse is baggy on the legs. I had a lovely pair of wet look pleather leggings which pop right on the crotch / butt seem when I bent over! I was so glad that I was wearing a jumper dress over the top! And that's why I keep a sewing kit in my desk at work! (I do it to all my trousers, even before transitioning. It's why I prefer skirts and tights/ fabric leggings for day to day stuff.

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:30 am

Hi Abby!

Oh Abby, if it shows your bum off well, then don't worry about baggy..... but there are so many different shapes, not just in jeans that would compliment you Abby, that it should be that you should maybe measure every aspect, waist, then 'bottom waist' and then most importantly, thigh width. Then check out and see what's available online or what you can try on in shops. Coz there will be jeans, trousers, jax type pants that will fit you perfectly. For there are plenty of cis women that will have exactly the same measurements as you!

Ok, the beauty of flares, great for women of all shapes!!!! Takes the eye off too!!!! Stuff baggy! It don't matter....  tight bum, close to thigh, then baggy can do what it wants, coz at the bottom it flares out!!!!!!!! Well, don't go too mad, only mild flares seem acceptable, bell-bottoms maybe on the catwalks again, but people are laughing at wide fares still! In real life mild flares are back in!!! I have worn flares incessantly since the 1970's and taken the bullets!!! Now the slight flares have become fashionable again I am wearing all my slightly flared. I love them, but will still wear the wider ones sometimes, I often see cis women wearing them!!!.

Yes water retention is something we should be aware of and... believe it or not.. drinking more water is the answer. Now, I have always known that, but I must  admit you may be right.... I have not been keeping up with water intake recently and will try drinking more. Though I made an executive decision before reading your kind words that I will be beginning a strict diet until it's gone and pistachios and bread will be out!!! I reckon I'll be back at 8st 8 very soon either way! I don't like any tummy paunch when I sit down!!!

My strict diets.... cheese, tuna, herring, mackerel, prunes, bananias, salad greens, tomatos hummus, soups, legumes with herbs, but... harder to keep to!!! Bread and sauces to be  included in small amounts.. that's about it. Gotta keep to it!!!

I am, luckily bottom heavy with thigh and bum, even at my highend atm eight stone, but finding the right fitting jeans has always been my quest.... I have about 15 pairs that fit perfectly back and front and kept tight to my thighs.... but not all, I have others, about ten at least that are bad fit!

And that's just jeans..... it is not easy, but the right fit is out there for you  Abby, I would suggest you try flared jeans/trousers/jaxpants, they are always made with a curve that may suit your legs, skinnies/straights will do nothing but look awful and yes 'baggy', if you have slender thighs!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MyNicky Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:19 am

Ugh. Shoulders are my bugbear. I try not to hunch so much, it's about all I can do
MyNicky
MyNicky

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:25 pm

There are many shapes and sizes of AFAB people. I have found myself really suprised to see a woman forming before my eyes in the mirror even with all the clothes off. The fact is especially in the beginning when you are sensitive to just accept that some clothes are not a good idea in your new role. That said old favorite things are a nice reminder and connection to the start of your journey.

Maybe another idea is to look at this jacket as a prize for the future. And to reach out to people who do alterations or make costumes for cosplay and see if anyone has ideas on how to make it a better fit for the new you without it loosing what makes it special. It likely won't be perfect or cheap but it might be the sort of thing that puts a big smile on your face.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Jeans are going to be a staple for the jacket.

Boring right?

Go with a deep plunge neckline under the jacket. (Have the guts for white?)
https://www.allyourfashionmusthaves.com/product/rocker-chick-jacket-in-black-suedette/
Time to show a little. Hafta, no choice.

Or a sweater dress for a softer look that's less cougar.
http://wheretoget.it/look/3500849

Then
Chunky ankle boot with black leggings.
https://www.pinterest.es/pin/768778598876778502/

I love ankle boots on everyone but me.
Mirror will tell you.

Maybe a solid color skirt. It will be lighter than the jacket and leggings making you look curvier. Careful it doesn't make you look short or chunky though.
Or Chucks instead of booties
http://www.justmuddlingthroughlife.com/2015/03/outfit-of-day-rocker-chick.html

Pray you can find your perfect boot. Not everyone does.

Don't forget you can layer your top.
https://lookbook.nu/look/8588855-Zaful-Sweater-Booties-Missguided-Jacket-Mango
https://www.pinterest.es/pin/326722147943944935/

I'd probably go with something like this with a higher hem, but I always dress up over down so would swap the chucks for riding boots.
https://www.styleoholic.com/fall-oversized-leather-jacket/pictures/67481/
Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Maple Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:22 pm

I think how you carry yourself can help a lot also.

Before I moved, I bought a nice Women's Leather Biker's jacket.

I made sure of the fit as best I could as I bought online.

Now I have an interesting issue. The sides are laced to bring them in, so far so good. I deffinately don't have much of a waist, but I work with it.

Everything looks good except one thing.

I'm only a B cup at best and this thing either feels like it was made for an A cup or smaller with the sides drawn in to accomodate my waist. Which means I can't wear this thing without a bra and not suffer major nipple pain issues with the sides drawn in for my figure.

Or, if I loosen the sides I have so much room in the chest I look like a guy wearing a Ladies jacket from the front.

So I keep the sides in and just work with it and enjoy myself with the confidence that I have worked so hard on.

With that in mind, I was riding my Motorcycle before I moved and turned a lot of heads going down the road. I usually wear a pair of nice fitting jeans with it as they show off my backside nicely on my bike. I even had a car load of young boys hitting on me and trying to pick me up once.

For the most part, I didn't worry to much about the fit and fucused on "owning it" as they say.

"Opinion is really the lowest form of Knowledge. It requires no accountability and no understanding.
The Highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world."
-????
Maple
Maple

Kidagakash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:56 am

Maple wrote:I think how you carry yourself can help a lot also.

Before I moved, I bought a nice Women's Leather Biker's jacket.

I made sure of the fit as best I could as I bought online.

Now I have an interesting issue. The sides are laced to bring them in, so far so good. I deffinately don't have much of a waist, but I work with it.

Everything looks good except one thing.

I'm only a B cup at best and this thing either feels like it was made for an A cup or smaller with the sides drawn in to accomodate my waist. Which means I can't wear this thing without a bra and not suffer major nipple pain issues with the sides drawn in for my figure.

Or, if I loosen the sides I have so much room in the chest I look like a guy wearing a Ladies jacket from the front.

So I keep the sides in and just work with it and enjoy myself with the confidence that I have worked so hard on.

With that in mind, I was riding my Motorcycle before I moved and turned a lot of heads going down the road. I usually wear a pair of nice fitting jeans with it as they show off my backside nicely on my bike. I even had a car load of young boys hitting on me and trying to pick me up once.

For the most part, I didn't worry to much about the fit and fucused on "owning it" as they say.
I remember you sharing that story before about the boys and your motorcycle. Didn't they end up following you so that they could try and talk to you?
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down