The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beautiful and comforting

3 posters

Go down

Beautiful and comforting Empty Beautiful and comforting

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Well worth your time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Beautiful and comforting Empty Re: Beautiful and comforting

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:49 pm

Nice Lesley, with an ending that we wish were true in all real life scenarios, unfortunately reality is quite different.

When I was 18, my Father smashed my head against my bedroom wall several times when I got home one evening after he'd discovered I was gay and was seeing Chris, my first boyfriend, who he knew. My Mother's screams at my Father to stop, stemmed a beating. I left that evening and never spoke to him again, I went on to live with Chris, out of the pan and into the fire, for several years.. twas illegal you had to be 21 back then, only time I broke the law. BTW it was so until 2004 that equalisation of same sex, (in the eye of the law), sex was realised.... that is 16 with parental consent and 18 with mutual adult consent.

Anyway, I saw my Father decades later, by chance, I did not approach him. He died a few months later without my knowledge. Now I have had a good relationship with my Mother for several years, after many lost decades and I have long forgiven her for not supporting me afterwards. She now has the second Daughter she always longed for, (I'm the youngest), and I love her very much... how I wish could have had a Father like that GI. Well no, I wish my Father had not been raised so, and understood me better and accepted me for who I was then and grew to be.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:21 am

I love this, it takes my heart for a ride every time I watch it. I can identify with both characters. Some of my most painful and tender moments were helping my kids as they encountered a world that delivered the unexpected.

Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:33 am

It's sad that I know of too many who went through what you went through Celia, and not enough who experienced what I have experienced.

My dad passed never knowing me, but mom said chances are he would have been ok with me. Mom was shocked hurt and confused in the beginning. She was a victim of her world. She simply knew nothing of anything LGBT. I doubt she ever met any portion of the acronym. So I was quite the surprise. But she never rejected me. It just took her a while to get over the shock. In the end, I got to be her daughter.

My brother gave me the ending in the film. "Carter (his grandson), this is my sister Lesley". That set the standard. I became Aunt Lesley to my nephews.

D'arcy's father for whatever reason I likely will never know entirely was not speaking with her. He went to his death without making peace. She misses him when not hating him. Her mother might as well be dead. As D'arcy has essentially cut any interest in acknowledging her. But she still misses her mother all the same. D'arcy is adopted, so once upon a time, his parents wanted her. But now, she feels like she has been rejected by two sets of parents.

My 'dad' in England, has been so incredible to me. He's only 2 years my senior. But to me, he's 'dad'. He acts like my dad. He's earned the title of dad. He's my dad. He treats me like his daughter. He's giving me away at my wedding.

Sometimes, a few of us win. There's always a chance for us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down