The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beautiful, left totally tearful.

2 posters

Go down

Beautiful, left totally tearful. Empty Beautiful, left totally tearful.

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:20 pm

Hi Everyone!!!!

Changing the subject.... coz let's face it, it may be a while before one of the most important elections in the history of mankind is decided. Yes, truly, actually it is.

But, I have never known my American Cousins to be so divided. The vitriol, the hatred and lack of concession or reasonable debate leaves the rest of the World breathless and quite exasperated.

There has never been such volatile difference within the United States since the 1860's. And it is worrying.

So I am gonna change the subject. Though I predicted Joe would win long ago, I have had enough. I just hope it is sorted out nicely. But I fear my wish will not be granted. I shall never speak on the subject again after this post until you have sorted yourselves out. And I am not alone....

I had a very busy day today and though my Manchester United were playing football, I skipped it.

Ok, I skip football a lot and only watch second halfs or end of games!

I have been enthralled by Queen's Gambit, an amazing tale of a chess player. It is on Netflix.

She starts as an Orphan and was taught by the Orphanage's Janitor. She ends up beating the World Champion. Oh, sounds so fanciful, does it not? No......

It is not so much about about chess, (and I love chess), no, it is about life and I actually feel better for watching it.

It was such a beautiful series, not long, only six or so episodes. But simply beautiful..... Guess what? Great Jumping Jehoshaphat, yes, it was American, as many, many wonderful dramas are..... the USA is a wonderful country, but your politics are very, very, ugly and divisive just now. It is one thing nobody outside watching it all happen, looking in, can believe. Jawdropping.

You need a big, new, agreed by referendum, constitutional change regarding your political make up. It is very much like Rome's, in the days of yore, and we all know what happened to the Roman Empire.

As for the election now.... Oui, fin! Ferdig med å snakke! End of conversation! Beenden! Färdigt talande! Terminado de hablar! Finito di parlare!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Beautiful, left totally tearful. Empty Re: Beautiful, left totally tearful.

Post  Guest Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:16 pm

C,
Biden has won this. Trump is trash. He'll play the legal game
. But for him it's over.

Don't worry love. I can't speak for Man Utd though. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:10 am

Thanks Marie,

I think you are right, as always. I sent you a mail.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:00 am

We do need a change of pace in our thoughts.

I have not seen those episodes, but it is something that would interest me.

There are several stories where a caring tutor/teacher/leader would take a group of kids, typically high school and introduce them to what would be a more 'sophisticated' way of thinking. Something that many inner school kids are never exposed to and therefore never see the beauty of discovery, whether it be on a chess board or a black board.

The following is a list of movies similar to what you saw on Netflix:

• Knights of the South Bronx
  • The Dark Horse
  • Queen of Katwe

There was a well received movie, "Stand and Deliver" where the main character, Edward James Olmos, reprised an actual teacher who taught inner city kids the wonders of calculus.

Sadly, we are neglecting our financially poor students and in a de facto fashion never letting them  achieve a better, more fulfilling life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:52 am

Hi Miki,

I have seen Queen of Katwe, but shall look out for the other two. I have to agree about the lack of investment in certain areas, classes and communities. If you get the chance do watch Queen's Gambit, do, you won't regret it.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down